Benoit Pouliot to Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Benoit Pouliot to Bruins

I'll put some faith in PC - low risk with a potential (and I emphasize potential) good reward. If he busts, then he busts and it only takes off a million from the cap for one year. If not, and Claude can get the most out of the guy like he's done with Horton, then we have a third/second liner for next to nothing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

At that price for one year it's a no brainer.He has good skills and on occasions has demonstated them,be it in sometimes extended streaks of hot and cold(sound like a guy named Ryder who just got $3.5 million and is older?).If he does not produce consistently the cost is mimimal in terms of years and dollars.If he turns his game around,shows up and works hard in every game and plays to his talent level it is brilliant signing for a young,skilled player who  can score and has actually shown some improvement(marginal,I grant you)in the past few years.It would be terrific to watch a young man play to his potential on a regular basis,especially on the Bruins.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Benoit Pouliot to Bruins:
    [QUOTE]Didn't see the price....loads of talent, little results so far. Maybe Claude can work a miracle.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

He was a healthy scratch for four playoff games vs the BRUINS. At least RYDER had a quick glove hand.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

hmmm... where is this kid going to play? Am I the only guy that doesn't like this move?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Good signing. He will fit in with a good playmaker

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Benoit Pouliot to Bruins:
    [QUOTE]hmmm... where is this kid going to play? Am I the only guy that doesn't like this move?
    Posted by Olsonicator[/QUOTE]

If he can't crack the club, then PC buys him out for just over half a mill a year. No biggie.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Posted this in the other thread, but I guess that's not being taken too seriously (understandably), so here are my thoughts again:

This is our thirteenth forward slash competitor with Caron for the 12th spot.

Seguin takes Recchi's spot, Caron takes Ryder's, Pouliot is the spare part that CJ can hopefully turn into the forward version of Boychuk. Could be a Campbell replacement in a year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

You're not the only one Ols but I say he plays with Bergeron or rides with Seguin and Peverley on the 3rd line. Another question might be does Kelly goes down to the 4th line ?

Another thing it means Caron, Spooner or Sauve only play if someone is hurt.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

i just hope he's pissed at the habnots for throwing him away with yesterday's paper and makes them pay each time they meet....

that alone will be worth the investment....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

What's the French word for "chicken"? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]That is a very low contract for a guy with this kind of potential.  Good signing by PC.  I didn't think he'd be able to find another Peverley type bargain.
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]

Let's not get carried away: Pouliot has been a far less effective player than Peverley has, and he's much softer. He's 25 years old so there's still hope, but.....usually, guys show more than Pouliot has (for far longer stretches of time) by this point.

However, at 1.1, what are you losing here? Not Cap space, as we're talking about 4% of the money allotted to the Bruins, who are not pressed up against it. A guy with potential is worth a look, and if it doesn't work out, he's a healthy scratch and goes bye-bye at the end of the season while one of the younger guys eats up his 12-15 mins of ice time for the duration of the year. (And that's if he's not sent to Providence, because surely if he's playing that poorly, he'll clear waivers). It's really a no-risk proposition.

I don't expect it to pan out, but as 99 said, "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take/"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I though the reason we won the cup is because we jettisoned Wheeler-type players (soft and underachieving) and went tough. Surely we have enough prospects to take up a roster spot until the trade deadline where we can beef up for another cup run...

Illogical move in my estimation unless it was to save Krecji from a possible concussion in the future....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Nothing more than a depth signing & MAYBE PC felt the need to not allow the kids to get too excited. Maybe it's to tell them. "You better be ready to work your tail to play for this championship team! No paasengers allowed!"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]Illogical move in my estimation unless it was to save Krecji from a possible concussion in the future....
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

I think the logic in it is that Claude Julien fancies himself to be the "Underachieving Forward Whisperer" and thinks he can squeeze more goals out of Pouliot than anyone else has. And given that he has had some success with these kind of reclamation projects in the past, why not?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Yeah, a bit of a head scratcher, but they have the luxury of attempting a low risk, high reward sign. Just to push the kiddie korps if nothing else.
    I would guess this signing means Adios Michael Glyder as well. (edit: just got in and missed that Ryder signed with the Stars)

I trust we are all done questioning PC's smarts anyways.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]hmmm... where is this kid going to play? Am I the only guy that doesn't like this move?
    Posted by Olsonicator[/QUOTE]

Ols, no.... you're not!
    Hate this guy. Soft, never delivers, former hab..... I hate it!
    Now I truly hope one or two of the young kids makes this team.

Low cost, I agree. But I truly hope to never see this guy higher than a 3rd liner.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]I though the reason we won the cup is because we jettisoned Wheeler-type players (soft and underachieving) and went tough. Surely we have enough prospects to take up a roster spot until the trade deadline where we can beef up for another cup run... Illogical move in my estimation unless it was to save Krecji from a possible concussion in the future....
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

jm, did you really have to dig up that skeleton?....

still i have to agree with you that Pouliot doesn't exactly fit PC's & CJ's mold of "players hard to play against"....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

That guy has no heart.  He better get use to the stands at TD bank north!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Seems like a bridge contract to me allowing Spooner, Knight and Caron to develop another year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Benoit Pouliot to Bruins : No I agree hence the "cheaper" version. Julien likes his Canadien retreads for sure definitely worth putting him with Bergeron for a year.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I read that word wrong, but it still made sense.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

As for this deal, Providence just got better.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

Tres docile!

(how did I do French speakers?)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If he decides to be the past Pouliot yah I definitely agree waiver time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]Tres docile! (how did I do French speakers?)
    Posted by Bigpapa1977[/QUOTE]

I think yo were very diplomatic.
    I hate this guy!