Benoit Pouliot

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Benoit Pouliot

8 games.
    0 points

How long is this gonna be allowed to continue?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

Re: Benoit Pouliot

Sadly, Pouliot seems to be in a comfort zone that he won't break out of.

And now that many of the Bruins are in that same funk, BP will be even more comfortable there.

At the beginning of the season, PC said this was a "work in progress" so I reckon he's here for a bit longer as PC doesn't wheel n deal much regular season.

At this point, waste of a million bucks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mohawkbruin. Show mohawkbruin's posts

I say this so called experiment should be over, either give Caron a shot or a smaller trade for a Recchi type player has to happen, we need to tighten up the third line, Pouliot just sux

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Benoit Pouliot:
    [QUOTE]8 games. 0 points -4 How long is this gonna be allowed to continue?
    Posted by Hanrahan1[/QUOTE]

David Krejci

6 games

1 point

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Kinda hard to single out Pouliot, the whole team isn't playing well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Pouliot doesn't look like a "threat" on the ice.  That bugs me.  He needs to get at least 2-3 shots per game. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Can't single out 1 guy here. 12 guys, yes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Pouliot doesn't look like a threat on the ice because he isn't on the ice.  He gets 8 minutes most nights. You can hardly judge him on that.  He's the least of the problems.  If anything I would double his ice time and give him an actual look. That might spark some of the true under-performers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

The Pouliot "work in progress" has run its course. He has little or no trade value, so PC should waive him and in the absence of a claim, send him down. Then give Caron the same opportunity. 10 games to prove he's an NHLer or try  someone else or make a trade. Too bad for the bottom line he doesn't have a two-way.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

First few games pouliout had some prime chances to finish. Every time he shot it wide or he hit the goalie square in the chest.

Theres a reason 2 teams have given up on him, its starting to become more obvious.

He flys around and flails out of control and gets nothing done.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

Time to give somebody in Providence (or Caron) a chance.  We need a spark.  I'd like to see Suave because I believe he is the guy with the most offensive upside at this point.  Sit somebody -- anybody to wake these guys up.  I think Horton could use a game off to get him going.  Yes, everybody is playing bad, but it is especially bad when your high paid "scorers" have done nothing through 10 games.  Sitting a 4th liner doesn't send the message.  Sit a so called star and maybe some eyes will start to open

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Benoit Pouliot:
    [QUOTE]Time to give somebody in Providence (or Caron) a chance.  We need a spark.  I'd like to see Suave because I believe he is the guy with the most offensive upside at this point.  Sit somebody -- anybody to wake these guys up.  I think Horton could use a game off to get him going.  Yes, everybody is playing bad, but it is especially bad when your high paid "scorers" have done nothing through 10 games.  Sitting a 4th liner doesn't send the message.  Sit a so called star and maybe some eyes will start to open
    Posted by Chappy28[/QUOTE]

Anybody hear why Rico missed games ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

This guy is useless...he's doesn't score, and he doesn't create any offense.  He's good for the occassional big hit, but that's about it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mohawkbruin1. Show mohawkbruin1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Benoit Pouliot : David Krejci 6 games 1 point -5
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Certainly agree here as well with Krecji, quite possibly playing his way out of here, in a contract year, should be playing with more force, I will give him a small break since he was injured, I will give him till the 20 game mark and if numbers dont improve, Chiarelli must make an impact trade at that time if possible, and is Krecji worth 4-5 mill a year, I m betting against it now, he seems to get injured often, dont know if I would give him that kind of money for 3-4 years, he was great in the playoffs last year but....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Can't find anything on Rico being injured, but he didn't play last week when I saw the P Bruins. Trust me, there is nothing down there to draw from at this point.

It's a teamwide malaise...not like Pouloit is the only one keeping them down.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

[QUOTE]First few games pouliout had some prime chances to finish. Every time he shot it wide or he hit the goalie square in the chest. 
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

I have never seen a team miss the net more than this one.  It's not just BP.  When you miss the net or shoot high, you don't create oppurtunities (sp?) for rebounds. Other than the flooky bounce off the boards.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Why be so worried? Overall we have 3 points ahead of Columbus with 1 more game to play. We can beat them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Pouliot's a good start in terms of sending messages even if his departure wouldn't be the biggest stunner.  Just "thanks, it ain't workin', get out."  Put his equipment outside the dressing room door.  No more Mr. Nice Guy.

Maybe even just demote him.  If he gets picked off on waivers, fine.  If he doesn't, let him find some touch in Providence.

It's also worth noting that, even though he was a 4th overall pick (between Jack Johnson and Carey Price, and ahead of Kopitar, Setogutchi and M. Staal), he's never been a huge scorer.  His best OHL season was only 65 points in 57 games, and as a pro, he's never had 20 goals in a year regardless of league.  Closest he came was 09-10 when he had 18 in 56 games with the Wild, Shabs, and Hamilton.  Point being: waiting for him to break out might mean BOOM the Bruins suddenly have a 20 goal scorer! 

If they were playing well, or even just recording points while playing unevenly, they could invest in the Pouliot project.  As it is, I think his clock is ringing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

Coach Julien said Pouliot is sick and he wasn't sure if Benoit would make the trip to MTL.^BISH

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Pouliot's a good start in terms of sending messages even if his departure wouldn't be the biggest stunner.  Just "thanks, it ain't workin', get out."  Put his equipment outside the dressing room door.  No more Mr. Nice Guy. Maybe even just demote him.  If he gets picked off on waivers, fine.  If he doesn't, let him find some touch in Providence. It's also worth noting that, even though he was a 4th overall pick (between Jack Johnson and Carey Price, and ahead of Kopitar, Setogutchi and M. Staal), he's never been a huge scorer.  His best OHL season was only 65 points in 57 games, and as a pro, he's never had 20 goals in a year regardless of league.  Closest he came was 09-10 when he had 18 in 56 games with the Wild, Shabs, and Hamilton.  Point being: waiting for him to break out might mean BOOM the Bruins suddenly have a 20 goal scorer!  If they were playing well, or even just recording points while playing unevenly, they could invest in the Pouliot project.  As it is, I think his clock is ringing.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    Book, I was also thinking that demoting him would be a good 1st step. What bothers me about Pouliot is that he seems to be unaware of how little he's doing out there. This is 1 of his pre-game quotes.....

“I think when you face your old team, you obviously want to prove, ‘Hey, you don’t want to keep me? I’ll show you,’” Pouliot said with a grin. “It pumps you up even more I think. Obviously this is going to be our first game against Montreal, but we’re going to get plenty of them all year long, so I see this as a little boost. At the same time, I’ll just play the same way I’ve been playing and rack up some points.”

Rack up some points? Start with 1 you ignorant fool.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

pouliot 's comments may reflect more than his compacency. KPD wrote about this prior to the Montreal game, and it sure looks like he hit the nail on the head. Claude is reverting to some original lines and adding Seguin to Bergeron's line. Let's see how they all respond. I'm with BB on his Pouliot assessment. Seems to have momentary skill and skating, but then just goes "poof".

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]pouliot 's comments may reflect more than his compacency. KPD wrote about this prior to the Montreal game, and it sure looks like he hit the nail on the head. Claude is reverting to some original lines and adding Seguin to Bergeron's line. Let's see how they all respond. I'm with BB on his Pouliot assessment. Seems to have momentary skill and skating, but then just goes "poof".
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Yep and now it is time for the Bruins to make him go poof.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I'm with Oates on this one...the guys needs to get a few games of regular 3rd line shifts in order to see what he really has. What are we basing things on if he only gets 8 mins a game? I see him and Campbell as 2 guys who should get a look on special teams...send a message to the big boys who aren't pulling their weight.

Do I think it'll work? No, I don't. He's another Wheeler to me. But you have to give him a real shot. At least Wheeler got his chances.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Right Asmaha, that's the same problem Seguin had last year. You can't get anything going when you play half as much as the other forwards.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I disagree.  You are a guy who has worn out his welcome in a couple of places and now you are getting a chance with a good hockey team.  You would think you would come in flying eager to show that those other teams made a mistake.  He wasn't great in training camp and he hasn't been great in the 8 or so games he has played.  Maybe he deserves another 10 games or so before they pull the plug but he has to find a way to stand out at least in a game here and there, whether he gets 8 minutes or 12 minutes.  Seguin had an up and down season last year but he at least gave some glimpses of what he could be.  I have seen little if any of that from Pouliot.

Sections
Shortcuts