Benoit Pouliot

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: Benoit Pouliot

The guy is a bust. Please let's not compare him w/ Krejci. David will come around and he's proved he can get it done in the playoffs. Gm's keep getting fooled by this guy, he is what he is.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccoul. Show ccoul's posts

Sounds like Flu like symtoms.. I had these same when i didn't want to go to  school when i was a kid. This frenchie has always been a major disapointment, time to cut rope.. or attach him to one. Juss Sayin'

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

In Response to Re: Benoit Pouliot:
    The guy is a bust. Please let's not compare him w/ Krejci. David will come around and he's proved he can get it done in the playoffs. Gm's keep getting fooled by this guy, he is what he is.
    Posted by stan17
    I agree.Krejci is a slow starter but comes through when it counts.He hasn't been complemented that well in the games he has played.It always seems like he is alone on the ice trying to get something done .I think reuniting the 1st line will work and the B's will turn this around .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Pouliot is just bad.  Jack Edwards articulated it best.

I think Seguin will help Bergy find his hands again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

I recall some people saying Paille is a Bust and Trade him. Ryder ring a bell?
    Please, stop over evaluating and see what the mans got.
    The worst thing to do is continuously "mix" lines together

People, there have only been 9 games played. if by the 25th, at normal ice time, BP still hasn't "proven" himself, let's see what "magic" PC can do about it then.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

Nothing wrong with Pouliot at all, it's just he's become the fans new whipping boy because of his past. Effort? Check. Talent? Check.

How about we get some Horton, Lucic, Krejci, and Peverley "bust" threads going, too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Nothing wrong with Pouliot at all, it's just he's become the fans new whipping boy because of his past. Effort? Check. Talent? Check. How about we get some Horton, Lucic, Krejci, and Peverley "bust" threads going, too.
    Posted by RawrBear

Horton - Clutch player, his nickname should be "Game 7"
    Lucic - Proven power forward, 30 goal scorer
    Krejci - 70 point player, team leader during championship run
    Peverley - Proven role player, avg's 40 points a season and .5ppg in playoffs

Pouliot - 4th overall pick, natural talent

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Nothing wrong with Pouliot at all, it's just he's become the fans new whipping boy because of his past. Effort? Check. Talent? Check"

Ok I'm awake from my slumber now, this happened of course by watching the Bruins offense. Pouliot's efforts have him on his last NHL team, about to be put on waivers and all this because he has effort and talent ?

Waiting for this response...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Yeah that Pouliot sure has talent. He's what all 4th overall picks strive to be

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

Yes, let's blame this teams record on a player who has less ice time per game than Seguin had last year. And funny thing is, last year, you guys were probably writing the same thing about him.

Ryder's gone now, so here is Pouliot. Hate some more, haters.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Yes, let's blame this teams record on a player who has less ice time per game than Seguin had last year. And funny thing is, last year, you guys were probably writing the same thing about him. Ryder's gone now, so here is Pouliot. Hate some more, haters.
    Posted by RawrBear

Somehow you're equating pointing out Pouliot's shortcomings to be hating so let's try this from a different angle. Never have I blamed the Bruins poor start on Pouliot but the guy has ZERO points and has contributed very little to any other aspects of the game. You figure it's due to his ice-time that we haven't seen the best of Pouliot yet. Well Paille plays similar minutes and he manages to find a way to do something positive for the team out there. And really, does it have to be considered hating that I'd simply prefer to see Caron get more opportunities than continue to watch Pouliot flail about while acomplishing nothing. If I'm missing something with Pouliot, please let me know as I've made every effort to like the guy. It just wasn't possible.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

In Response to Re: Benoit Pouliot : Somehow you're equating pointing out Pouliot's shortcomings to be hating so let's try this from a different angle. Never have I blamed the Bruins poor start on Pouliot but the guy has ZERO points and has contributed very little to any other aspects of the game. You figure it's due to his ice-time that we haven't seen the best of Pouliot yet. Well Paille plays similar minutes and he manages to find a way to do something positive for the team out there. And really, does it have to be considered hating that I'd simply prefer to see Caron get more opportunities than continue to watch Pouliot flail about while acomplishing nothing. If I'm missing something with Pouliot, please let me know as I've made every effort to like the guy. It just wasn't possible.
    Posted by dezaruchi

What does Caron bring that Pouliot doesn't besides less size, skill, and effort? And comparing Paille to Pouliot is absolutely useless, especially considering the fact that you're somehow insinuating Paille has done more for this years team than Pouliot, which is an obvious fallacy.

Pouliot /> Paille on the fourth line any day of the week, anytime, any team. Similar money, too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Benoit Pouliot : What does Caron bring that Pouliot doesn't besides less size, skill, and effort? And comparing Paille to Pouliot is absolutely useless, especially considering the fact that you're somehow insinuating Paille has done more for this years team than Pouliot, which is an obvious fallacy. Pouliot /> Paille on the fourth line any day of the week, anytime, any team. Similar money, too.
    Posted by RawrBear

How many penalties has pouliot killed? I'll give you a hint, it's the same number as his point total. Caron also kills penalties. Get back to me when you can let me know what Pouliot brings to the table (aside from untapped potential). All you've done is trash Caron and Paille (hater I guess) yet you haven't said why Pouliot is better.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

All it takes to see Pouliot is better than Caron and Paille is two eyes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

All it takes to see Pouliot is better than Caron and Paille is two eyes.
    Posted by RawrBear

They have to come with common sense attatched then. Once again, you've failed to mention even one aspect of the game in which Pouliot is helping the Bruins. Even stone-hands Paille has found the back of the net already. If you can't understand why Caron is more important than Pouliot moving forward then I've no need to go on because you'll never get it. PC is probably going to eventually try to give Pouliot away and you'll be the only one who cares but if he gave Caron away.....I think there'd be a reaction.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

All it takes to see Pouliot is better than Caron and Paille is two eyes. Posted by RawrBear

Then you should get some glasses...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Benoit Pouliot : Then you should get some glasses...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Pouliot has scored once in his last 33 games combined. Seems like a rather telling stat to me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

It is becoming abundantly clear that Pouliot is exactly who we thought he was, a 4th overall draft bust. It was wishful thinking to hope for any magical transformation. If he can improve his fighting skills maybe he can replace Thornton on the 4th line. He would be a better option skills wise in that slot, if he can keep his balance. Otherwise it is $1 mil wasted in cap space.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Benoit Pouliot : Pouliot has scored once in his last 33 games combined. Seems like a rather telling stat to me. Posted by dezaruchi

You would think DEZ that for someone whom is very close to floundering, shuffling back n forth between AHL and NHL for the next 3 years would have more drive and determination during games. I just don't see anything from him, the experiment is over.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Benoit Pouliot : You would think DEZ that for someone whom is very close to floundering, shuffling back n forth between AHL and NHL for the next 3 years would have more drive and determination during games. I just don't see anything from him, the experiment is over.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I really expected to see his best effort of the year against the Habs. Unfortunately, I probably did and it was still a weak effort. He just doesn't strike me as a guy who realizes he's fighting for a job. I would think he'd realize that he's starting to run out of chances.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

I thought a change of atmosphere would help Pouliot but he's not changed from his time with the Habs.

Even Wheeler would occasionally get one.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

He is sitting this one out!!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kordic. Show Kordic's posts

Pouliot is a sort of a payback time for Ryder....
    i guess he can score 20 goals a year,in Providence....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Pouliot is a sort of a payback time for Ryder.... i guess he can score 20 goals a year,in Providence....
    Posted by Kordic

I'm not even sure if that's true.

Sections
Shortcuts