Bergeron, Bruins Begin Informal Practices Before Training Camp

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bergeron, Bruins Begin Informal Practices Before Training Camp

WILMINGTON - It's that time of year again. With the passing of Labor Day, schools are in session and the end of summer is well on its way. For the Bruins and the rest of the NHL, that means it's back to work.

Those who don the Black and Gold have been putting in the work all summer, and now comes to the time to implement that training back in Boston.On Tuesday, several Bruins and P-Bruins began holding informal practices at Ristuccia Arena in preparation for the start of training camp on September 18.

The group included Patrice Bergeron, Loui Eriksson, Chris Kelly, Daniel Paille, Tuukka Rask, Dennis Seidenberg, Adam McQuaid, David Warsofsky, Zach Trotman, Justin Florek, David Pastrnak, Brian Ferlin, Bobby Robins and Tommy Cross.

Bergeron led the drills, and pulled out a stopwatch at the end of the skate to run himself and the group through sprints from goal line to goal line. "It’s always nice to get back here," Bergeron told media following the skate. "Especially being here early, you know, and seeing the guys and seeing the trainers, and the coaches, and just being here, and enjoying the little bit of the rest of nice weather here in Boston, and getting ready."

It was a welcome sight to see McQuaid, Kelly and Seidenberg on the ice with their teammates after missing time during the regular season and all of the 2014 playoffs with their respective injuries. McQuaid faced a nagging groin injury in the second half of the season and then had surgery on his right ankle in May. Kelly underwent back surgery at the start of the offseason.

Seidenberg has long been recovered from the ACL/MCL tear he suffered last December. When the BostonBruins.com crew took a trip to see the defenseman in New Jersey in mid-August, his knee was feeling good and he was continuing to build back his muscle strength around the ligaments.

While the Bruins' veterans are prepping for camp, younger players are also getting ready for their crack at roster spots." 

"Pastrnak was among a large group of Bruins players, prospects and other local NHLers participating in captains' practice Tuesday at Ristuccia Arena. Bruins assistant captain Patrice Bergeron ran the hour-and-a-half session and he’s been impressed with Pastrnak’s on-ice ability.

“I saw him a few times. He’s very fast, skilled. He battles hard. I know it’s early, but he seems to be really hard on the puck and wants it. It’s great to have him and he seems to be a great player,” Bergeron said."

Getting a little closer

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Bergeron, Bruins Begin Informal Practices Before Training Camp

Bergeron confirms it, Pastrnak to make the Bruins.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

“I saw him a few times. He’s very fast, skilled. He battles hard. I know it’s early, but he seems to be really hard on the puck and wants it. It’s great to have him and he seems to be a great player,” Bergeron said."

Getting a little closer

Pencil in, "Its all good once you get" Pastrnak for 35 or 40 goals,its all coming together! Get ready for lots of,"goal scored by #16 David Pastrnak,assisted by #46 David Krejci and #17 Fat!!!! Yeah!!!!! Can't wait!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Pencil in, "Its all good once you get" Pastrnak for 35 or 40 goals,its all coming together! Get ready for lots of,"goal scored by #16 David Pastrnak,assisted by #46 David Krejci and #17 Fat!!!! Yeah!!!!! Can't wait!!!!

I love it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Pencil in, "Its all good once you get" Pastrnak

Murphy and Haggs sent out tweets that WorseSoSoffsky is extremely upset that Pastrnak's nickname is catching on much quicker. 

Drama already 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

WILMINGTON - It's that time of year again. With the passing of Labor Day, schools are in session and the end of summer is well on its way. For the Bruins and the rest of the NHL, that means it's back to work.

Those who don the Black and Gold have been putting in the work all summer, and now comes to the time to implement that training back in Boston.On Tuesday, several Bruins and P-Bruins began holding informal practices at Ristuccia Arena in preparation for the start of training camp on September 18.

The group included Patrice Bergeron, Loui Eriksson, Chris Kelly, Daniel Paille, Tuukka Rask, Dennis Seidenberg, Adam McQuaid, David Warsofsky, Zach Trotman, Justin Florek, David Pastrnak, Brian Ferlin, Bobby Robins and Tommy Cross.

Bergeron led the drills, and pulled out a stopwatch at the end of the skate to run himself and the group through sprints from goal line to goal line. "It’s always nice to get back here," Bergeron told media following the skate. "Especially being here early, you know, and seeing the guys and seeing the trainers, and the coaches, and just being here, and enjoying the little bit of the rest of nice weather here in Boston, and getting ready."

It was a welcome sight to see McQuaid, Kelly and Seidenberg on the ice with their teammates after missing time during the regular season and all of the 2014 playoffs with their respective injuries. McQuaid faced a nagging groin injury in the second half of the season and then had surgery on his right ankle in May. Kelly underwent back surgery at the start of the offseason.

Seidenberg has long been recovered from the ACL/MCL tear he suffered last December. When the BostonBruins.com crew took a trip to see the defenseman in New Jersey in mid-August, his knee was feeling good and he was continuing to build back his muscle strength around the ligaments.

While the Bruins' veterans are prepping for camp, younger players are also getting ready for their crack at roster spots." 

"Pastrnak was among a large group of Bruins players, prospects and other local NHLers participating in captains' practice Tuesday at Ristuccia Arena. Bruins assistant captain Patrice Bergeron ran the hour-and-a-half session and he’s been impressed with Pastrnak’s on-ice ability.

Getting a little closer

E.S.P.!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

It has been a long summer.  The news of players on the ice is fantastic!  

Everything Should Be Made as Simple as Possible, But Not Simpler

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Bliss. This thread is a glimmer of hope that there is indeed a light at the end of the tunnel...

I'd like to say thanks for everyone's efforts to try and keep the board going with interesting Bruins material over this long Bruins-less summer. Fact of the matter is...

I will jump if I have to read any more Boychuk trade talk!!
    Roll on training camp!!!
    Lets GO BRUINS!!!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@NHLBruins

"Second day of informal practices underway! Big Zee has joined the group ^CS #NHLBruins"

pic.twitter.com/e7i5E71hfb

@HackswithHaggs
    "Justin Florek and Bobby Robins in attendance as well as Keith Yandle and Hal Gill. Bergeron running the drills with a whistle in his mouth"

"Shawn Thornton decked out in full Florida Panthers gear skating at captain's practice w/his former B's teammates. Bright red pants"

Let the Yandle rumors begin.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Boychuk and Hamill Caron and a 6th round pick for Yandle?

Lets GO BRUINS!!!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Your Daily Boston Bruins GIF featuring @Bmarch63:

https://twitter.com/weekendatbergys/status/507255399888998402/photo/1

"Gonna get U suckas"

• You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Pencilling in  Pastrnak  now by anyone is just plain dumb,maybe after a few ex games to see if he can stand up the nhl game, I don't see it but certainly hope I am wrong

• You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

@NHLBruins

"Second day of informal practices underway! Big Zee has joined the group ^CS #NHLBruins"

pic.twitter.com/e7i5E71hfb

@HackswithHaggs
    "Justin Florek and Bobby Robins in attendance as well as Keith Yandle and Hal Gill. Bergeron running the drills with a whistle in his mouth"

"Shawn Thornton decked out in full Florida Panthers gear skating at captain's practice w/his former B's teammates. Bright red pants"

Let the Yandle rumors begin.

Let the Hal Gill rumors begin. lol

• Sections
    Shortcuts