Bergeron Elbowed In Head By Ovechkin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Bergeron Elbowed In Head By Ovechkin

Just heard The Boston Globe's Steve Harris on THE FAN 590's all-night show with host Norm Rumack.  He said cameras picked up Ovechkin giving Bergeron a deliberate elbow to the head behind the play in the second period which he said caused him to go to the locker room for a period of time.  He speculated concussion.  Harris also wondered if the elbow would be seen by Shanahan.  Hope Bergeron's fine but did anyone see the play?  I didn't.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Re: Bergeron Elbowed In Head By Ovechkin

Missed it but saw the elbow to Chara, the cross check to Zanon ... and the BAD goal on Thomas
    They need to shape up cause it's do or die time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

I didn't see it, but it wouldn't surprise me to learn that's what happened.  Ovie was headhunting all over the ice in Games 1 and 2.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

These? The first was the one he went off I think. Semin had his face to the board and elbow came up as he played the puck. Don't see how it's anything more than an accident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCBj9jefOf4

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

It wasn't semin's hit, although an honest ref might have called it. It was Ovie, behind the play, indicating that two, three or four officials are not watching the entire game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

We don't lobby.  We don't moan about the officials.  These are the defending champion Bruins.  There's a must win game today.  Win it.  Period.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron Elbowed In Head By Ovechkin:
    We don't lobby.  We don't moan about the officials.  These are the defending champion Bruins.  There's a must win game today.  Win it.  Period.
    Posted by Bookboy007

YES!  And it's one of the things I love most about this organization.

However.....Julien was quoted as being quite upset with the refs for not blowing the whistle when Corvo got hurt.  But my guess is that he was just honestly responding to a question and wasn't just throwing it out there, i.e. "lobbying".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

They replayed Bergeron getting elbowed 10 times.  How did you miss it?

It didn't look like much, but his history leaves any contact to the head in question.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Corvo made the mistake of trying to play with the injury, he should have taken the cowardice method and swarmed all over the ice in pain.  Nonetheless, Book has it correct.  No excuses, if a team is ahead 3 to 1 and Corvo takes a shot in the knee then not much would be said on this board.  As for Ovechkin, he is one tough dude, deliberate maybe, my guess accidental. Last year without Bergeron, Seguin emerged.  I only wish Krejci would start playing like Bergeron, with a little more verve!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

They replayed Bergeron getting elbowed 10 times.  How did you miss it? It didn't look like much, but his history leaves any contact to the head in question.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I must have been away from the TV.  I didn't see the play or I wouldn't have mentioned it.  As you say it didn't look like much but yes, his well-documented situation will always leave him prone to further brain injuries.  Hopefully he'll never have to go down that road again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Posted by Bookboy007

Excellent summation, Book. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

No one is moaning about the officials, we're moaning about Ovechkin continuing to run around as he has all series long attempting to injure our most important players. And then Pouliot gets called for a borderline hook with 2:57 left in a game 5 that happens about 40-50 times a game, every game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I didn't think the Ovie elbow on Bergy was intentional.  But certainly unfortunate.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

Even if the elbow was unintentional it was interference that wasn't called, magically.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

No one is moaning about the officials, we're moaning about Ovechkin continuing to run around as he has all series long attempting to injure our most important players. And then Pouliot gets called for a borderline hook with 2:57 left in a game 5 that happens about 40-50 times a game, every game.
    Posted by RawrBear

I don't think anyone is moaning about Ovechkin attempting to injure anyone.  He plays the game hard.  I haven't felt he crossed the line into dangerous at all this series.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Even if the elbow was unintentional it was interference that wasn't called, magically.
    Posted by RawrBear

My mistake.  I was thinking of the Semin hit.  That was unintentional and not interference.

However.....I'm not sure how the Ovechkin hit could be interference either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCBj9jefOf4

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron Elbowed In Head By Ovechkin : I don't think anyone is moaning about Ovechkin attempting to injure anyone.  He plays the game hard.  I haven't felt he crossed the line into dangerous at all this series.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Have you watched the series?  There were SEVERAL times when he came at Chara and left his feet to make the hit..... THAT Crosses the line.... I love his desire and attitude withint the game.... OVIE is a star.... but so is CHARA- yet everytime the two go at it CHARA is the one sent to sit..... seems suspicious to me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron Elbowed In Head By Ovechkin : I must have been away from the TV.  I didn't see the play or I wouldn't have mentioned it.  As you say it didn't look like much but yes, his well-documented situation will always leave him prone to further brain injuries.  Hopefully he'll never have to go down that road again.
    Posted by RichHillOntario

Maybe you watched it on dreadful CBC ,  they said there was a elbow to the head but never showed a replay. 
    I really hate CBC's coverage, the camera men is always late and can't follow the puck. At least for this series.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron Elbowed In Head By Ovechkin : Have you watched the series?  There were SEVERAL times when he came at Chara and left his feet to make the hit..... THAT Crosses the line.... I love his desire and attitude withint the game.... OVIE is a star.... but so is CHARA- yet everytime the two go at it CHARA is the one sent to sit..... seems suspicious to me.
    Posted by FenwayChuck

No.  I haven't watched any of the games.  It's baseball season, you know.

Go Sox!  Josh Beckett rules!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

GO SAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  LOL.... Not-a-shot- It was a rhetorical..... LOL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron Elbowed In Head By Ovechkin : Maybe you watched it on dreadful CBC ,  they said there was a elbow to the head but never showed a replay.  I really hate CBC's coverage, the camera men is always late and can't follow the puck. At least for this series.
    Posted by BsLegion

That explains it.  I did watch the HNIC feed.  Thanks BsL.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Except for PJ Stock HNIC is a complete joke.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Posted by RawrBear

I thought Pouliot got called for a dumb slashing penalty not a bordeline hook(?).

Bruins were their usual frustrating selves. Too many long shots on goal with no screen. Quite how they are supposed to get one when the first guy over the blue line shoots the puck immediately is beyond me. Some of the goals given up were also on the weak side.

Win the next two and all is forgiven. We all know this team can play a LOT better.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Except for PJ Stock HNIC is a complete joke.
    Posted by mattbs

He suggested Chara embellished the elbow he received from Semin when both were entangled in the corner near the end of the first period.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron Elbowed In Head By Ovechkin : I thought Pouliot got called for a dumb slashing penalty not a bordeline hook(?). Bruins were their usual frustrating selves. Too many long shots on goal with no screen. Quite how they are supposed to get one when the first guy over the blue line shoots the puck immediately is beyond me. Some of the goals given up were also on the weak side. Win the next two and all is forgiven. We all know this team can play a LOT better.
    Posted by Kurako

I meant slash. He got called for a "slash" with under 3 minutes left that happens every time a player has puck possession throughout hockey history. It hardly gets called during the regular season let alone a tied game 5 with under 3 minutes in the 3rd period. Absolutely ridiculous.

Sections
Shortcuts