Bergeron Extension News (Possible)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Bergeron Extension News (Possible)

Oh, and NAS, Friedman on HNIC said the same thing but was more positive about discussions being under way and both sides eager to get something done - and that we should expect an 8 year commitment.

Are you not entertained?!?!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I just remembered this.

Last night on the radio, Bob Beers mentioned in passing that unconfirmed reports have the B's in negotiation with Bergeron for an eight year deal.  He emphasized how unconfirmed it was, calling it rumblings and whatever else.  It's not like Beers is going to say something on the air that is completely false.

Bergeron for eight years?  He'd be 37 when the deal ended.  Sort of fitting, I suppose.  That's a hell of a long time to commit to any player, but I think we know what this one brings.  Unlike the snipers that fall from grace quickly, Bergeron's talents can translate into the skills of an older player as well.

Eight years, huh?  I'm in.

Make it happen.

I am in with a permanent Bergy and better yet an extension for Rask will be a bonus. If this is true then no Horton, and i am Ok with that. Marchand and Bergy can make all rookies look good, looking forward to future of the Bruins. Maybe i can see if this soderberg kid is a real deal next season if he is put on the bergy marchand line next season. Hopefully Seguin will be the 1st line RW. Time will tell, now i just want bruins to win this years cup.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

What I like about this is, with Bergeron it doesnt matter if he's in the last year of a deal or the first year. You get the same effort/production from him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Whatever the hit, it'll be a sweet deal by the time Bergeron's 32.  Look at Savard's hit.  $4M?  For a guy who was the #1 C and the cornerstone of the offense when he signed?  Same deal with Bergeron, I'm guessing.  Malkin, Perry, Getzlaf - these deals are signs that the owners have seen credible revenue projections and are not worried.

I could write a novel about how good the guy is.  I officially revoke my earlier position that I would accept, if not welcome, a Bergeron for Toews deal.  I'll leave it at the fact that, for all the dominance of Krejci-Lucic-Horton these playoffs, Quenneville deploys Keith and Seabrook against Bergeron.

Bergeron is outplaying Toews through 2 games. He outplayed Crosby head to head last round. Bergeron's shut down ability shouldn't be devalued in the overall scheme of winning playoff rounds. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

What I like about this is, with Bergeron it doesnt matter if he's in the last year of a deal or the first year. You get the same effort/production from him.

Yeah Kel, and I bet he'd play out the whole contract without feeling the need to take a year off before it's done. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I never want to see him another uniform. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Yeah Kel, and I bet he'd play out the whole contract without feeling the need to take a year off before it's done. 

And he'll be at the White House with his teammates next year, dez.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

And he'll be at the White House with his teammates next year, dez.

Very good point RHO. Good point indeed. Go Bruins!  3 more wins! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Very good point RHO. Good point indeed. Go Bruins!  3 more wins! 

Just followed your lead. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Amen to that!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Me too, Patrice deserves and will be a bruin for life.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I just remembered this.

Last night on the radio, Bob Beers mentioned in passing that unconfirmed reports have the B's in negotiation with Bergeron for an eight year deal.  He emphasized how unconfirmed it was, calling it rumblings and whatever else.  It's not like Beers is going to say something on the air that is completely false.

Bergeron for eight years?  He'd be 37 when the deal ended.  Sort of fitting, I suppose.  That's a hell of a long time to commit to any player, but I think we know what this one brings.  Unlike the snipers that fall from grace quickly, Bergeron's talents can translate into the skills of an older player as well.

Eight years, huh?  I'm in.

Make it happen.

I am in with a permanent Bergy and better yet an extension for Rask will be a bonus. If this is true then no Horton, and i am Ok with that. Marchand and Bergy can make all rookies look good, looking forward to future of the Bruins. Maybe i can see if this soderberg kid is a real deal next season if he is put on the bergy marchand line next season.Hopefully Seguin will be the 1st line RW. Time will tell, now i just want bruins to win this years cup.

wait what? no this doesn't have anything to do with Horton. Horton is a UFA this year, bergeron, next year. There is literally 0 correlation between the two contracts. Lastly, Soderberg can't play RW. He's practically blind in one eye, so don't expect him to be with bergy and marchand. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Give Bergeron 8 and Krejci 7 at the same average annual value (6).  Krejci is always talking about team concept, and certainly deserves it as well.

Krejci has 2 more years on his current deal, Bergeron has 1...In 2 years (after Krejci's current contract expires): we'll have them both signed to identical 6 year deals.  Nothing says "the team is more important than the individual" than having two line 1 centers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I feel that signing one will help you sign the other.  "Help us keep this team together for years to come"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

in the fifth year of this contract the cap would likely be at around 94.5 million. If Bergy has a cap hit of 6. If they do what Drewski wants and sign krejci for 6, having 12 million committed to your two number one centers is eessentially nothing. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

in the fifth year of this contract the cap would likely be at around 94.5 million. If Bergy has a cap hit of 6. If they do what Drewski wants and sign krejci for 6, having 12 million committed to your two number one centers is eessentially nothing. 

The NHL isn't going to experience a 33% growth in revenue in the next five years.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

wait what? no this doesn't have anything to do with Horton. Horton is a UFA this year, bergeron, next year. There is literally 0 correlation between the two contracts. Lastly, Soderberg can't play RW. He's practically blind in one eye, so don't expect him to be with bergy and marchand. 

They are connected.  In signing a player to a deal today, the team must be mindful of it's obligations in the future.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Give Bergeron 8 and Krejci 7 at the same average annual value (6).  Krejci is always talking about team concept, and certainly deserves it as well.

Krejci has 2 more years on his current deal, Bergeron has 1...In 2 years (after Krejci's current contract expires): we'll have them both signed to identical 6 year deals.  Nothing says "the team is more important than the individual" than having two line 1 centers.

I like this idea, both are incredibly valuable and I'd love them to be life'rs

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Mindful, but not fearful.  There's a threshold in there somewhere that Chiarelli seems to court - and it may be that, in a cap era, you have to court it - where you risk some cap challenges in order to get maximum value out of the players you can sign.  If that means you are occasionally dumping good players like Derek Morris or even Tim Thomas just to clear cap room for a move that, overall, makes your team better, then fine.  What you have to avoid is being utterly hamstrung by a Gomez, a Drury, a Briere deal that you can't move because the guy is barely an NHL player by the time you want him gone.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

8 years and whatever he wants for a salary, he won't be greedy.

-----------------------------------------
    "Lighten up Francis"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

"Lighten up Francis"

That was the trick they played on Howe in Detroit for years. They would tell him to write down what he was worth, knowing he would only award himself a modest raise with each new deal. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

"Lighten up Francis"

That was the trick they played on Howe in Detroit for years. They would tell him to write down what he was worth, knowing he would only award himself a modest raise with each new deal. 

Who was the guy that finally went up to Gordie after he was saying he got a good raise and told Gordie that he made more than that on his last contract with the Wings. Carl Brewer?  I can't remember.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

"Lighten up Francis"

Who was the guy that finally went up to Gordie after he was saying he got a good raise and told Gordie that he made more than that on his last contract with the Wings. Carl Brewer?  I can't remember.

I don't recall either 50. Ted Lindsay was mostly who I remember from Net Worth.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

"Lighten up Francis"

I don't recall either 50. Ted Lindsay was mostly who I remember from Net Worth.

Imagine Dez, here is a guy who was the superstar of his day and one of the greatest hockey players of all-time and the Wings nickel and dimed him for years. In that book "net worth" i think it even mentioned Eddie Shore made doulble or triple what Howe made in a year and Eddie played 20 years previous.Unbelievable.

Sections
Shortcuts