Bergeron Extension News (Possible)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: Bergeron Extension News (Possible)

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

[QUOTE]

in the fifth year of this contract the cap would likely be at around 94.5 million. If Bergy has a cap hit of 6. If they do what Drewski wants and sign krejci for 6, having 12 million committed to your two number one centers is eessentially nothing. 

The NHL isn't going to experience a 33% growth in revenue in the next five years.

[/QUOTE]

It experienced 24% in the previous 4 years. So, not off by much

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If it were reasonable to expect that trend to continue, the Coyotes would have been sold by now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

If it were reasonable to expect that trend to continue, the Coyotes would have been sold by now.

[/QUOTE]

the NHL has had a better growth rate than most things in the recession. Since the lockout in the past 8 years the HRR has almost doubled. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I believe Bergeron will have a career high in points next year while continuing to play Selke level hockey.  This guy looks more like a 70 point player in the right situation, like right now.  I believe he is going to prove that he is that caliber of player offensively moving forward.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to RickyHussle's comment:

I believe Bergeron will have a career high in points next year while continuing to play Selke level hockey.  This guy looks more like a 70 point player in the right situation, like right now.  I believe he is going to prove that he is that caliber of player offensively moving forward.

I agree Ricky. It seems like he's been around forever but he's just about to reach his prime. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

He score 4 power play points this year.  He got 29 and 38 in 05-06, 06-07 respectively. if he gets between 16 and 20 points on the man advantage next year, and I think that would do it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

He is finally reaching the potential we thought he was destined to reach before his first concussion.  Mr. Everything.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

I just remembered this.

Last night on the radio, Bob Beers mentioned in passing that unconfirmed reports have the B's in negotiation with Bergeron for an eight year deal.  He emphasized how unconfirmed it was, calling it rumblings and whatever else.  It's not like Beers is going to say something on the air that is completely false.

Bergeron for eight years?  He'd be 37 when the deal ended.  Sort of fitting, I suppose.  That's a hell of a long time to commit to any player, but I think we know what this one brings.  Unlike the snipers that fall from grace quickly, Bergeron's talents can translate into the skills of an older player as well.

Eight years, huh?  I'm in.

Make it happen.

Any GM that would sign a player with bergeron's medical history to a 8 year deal is a joke. Bergeron is my favorite player but a 5 year deal is the max i would give him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Any GM that would sign a player with bergeron's medical history to a 8 year deal is a joke. Bergeron is my favorite player but a 5 year deal is the max i would give him.

[/QUOTE]

Bergeron is not 35, so in a worse case scenario (M Savard), the team would be released from the contract's cap hit.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In response to biggskye's comment:

[/QUOTE

Bergeron is not 35, so in a worse case scenario (M Savard), the team would be released from the contract's cap hit.

But what if he takes a serious concussion and does not come back as the same player, but yet is medicaly ok to play????   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to pauly1's comment:

In response to biggskye's comment:

[/QUOTE

But what if he takes a serious concussion and does not come back as the same player, but yet is medicaly ok to play????   

First of all, calling PC a joke if he signs Bergeron to an eight year contract shows that you are pretty clueless.  PC is one of the best in the business.  Secondly, what was Savard's concussion history before Cooke took him out?  Every player in the NHL is one hit away from a career ending injury.  Are you going to try to sign players to one year contracts in case they get hurt?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to pauly1's comment:

[/QUOTE]

After watching him play in this year's playoffs, do you think his past medical history is affecting his play ?

Like goodnewsbears says.......every player in the league is one hit away from career ending injury.

Wrap him up PC, to the longest deal that's available ! I hope he retires as a Bruins lifer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Guys, Pauly1 comes here drunk late at night once or twice a month, posts stupid stuff and leaves.

Glad he didn't disappoint this time around!

Sections
Shortcuts