1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Bergeron For the Hart

That's all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Bergeron For the Hart

Sure is.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Sounds good to me,also the Selke, and the Con Smythe the hat trick of awards.Not to mention the cup to go with them.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

The Bruins don't have a solid Hart candidate.  That's what makes them so good. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

No, I mean, Bergeron is a solid, legitimate Hart Trophy finalist. These guys are going to win the President's Trophy and this guy - Patrice Bergeron - does everything for them. Faceoffs, Penalty Kill, Power Play, Leadership. They have trophies for most goals, points etc.

I think he's going to be one of the three finalists.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to gord11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No, I mean, Bergeron is a solid, legitimate Hart Trophy finalist. These guys are going to win the President's Trophy and this guy - Patrice Bergeron - does everything for them. Faceoffs, Penalty Kill, Power Play, Leadership. They have trophies for most goals, points etc.

I think he's going to be one of the three finalists.

[/QUOTE]

He's good for the 7th Player, but not Hart Trophy.  Too many guys have contributed to the team's success this year.  Bergeron is a fantastic player, but I don't see him at the most important player on the team.  Outside of Rask and Chara, I think the rest of the Top 9 are able to be replaced.  Some easier than others, but if missing one of them won't sink the team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Bruins don't have a solid Hart candidate.  That's what makes them so good. 

[/QUOTE]

that's because the Hart usually isn't awarded to goalies or else Tuukka would surely be considered....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gaaucoin. Show gaaucoin's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sounds good to me,also the Selke, and the Con Smythe the hat trick of awards.Not to mention the cup to go with them.

[/QUOTE]

I see the Selke to Bergeron. Betcha Sid or Malkin gets the Hart. Might have gone to St. Louis if he'd stayed in Tampa...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Other than when it went to Pronger or a goalie, I don't know if the Hart has ever gone to a player who isn't in the top 10 in league scoring.  Or maybe it's top 5 or lead league in goals.

Bergeron is tied with Backes for 39th. He's tied for 21st in goals.

I could see him getting the Messier and the Selke.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

This year, though, is different - outside Crosby (who will be a Finalist for the Hart) and maybe Getzlaf, I don't see anybody else as Hart-worthy. Malkin? Too oft-injured. Ovechkin? Too one dimensional (no defence) and if he added to his team's success, he didn't do enough of it, because they certainly haven't much. Who else?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

This year, though, is different - outside Crosby (who will be a Finalist for the Hart) and maybe Getzlaf, I don't see anybody else as Hart-worthy. Malkin? Too oft-injured. Ovechkin? Too one dimensional (no defence) and if he added to his team's success, he didn't do enough of it, because they certainly haven't much. Who else?

[/QUOTE]

Giroux

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

Selke is in the bag, Should be strong consideration for Hart. Someone mention Con Smythe. If that happens, what a playoff season we are in for.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Well, Giroux's a worthy choice - but if he's in the mix, then Bergeron should be too - even without all those points.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Well, Giroux's a worthy choice - but if he's in the mix, then Bergeron should be too - even without all those points.

[/QUOTE]

Second line centers don't win the Hart.

Ever.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Second line centers don't win the Hart.

Ever.

[/QUOTE]

What about Malkin?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

Bergeron is awesome, but you'd have a hard argument for him winning the Hart. Take Bergy off this team and it's a far lesser squad, but how do you quantify that? Would they be worse off without Bergy, or without Tuukka? How about Chara?

Bergeron is a "glue" guy; he's not a superstar in the traditional sense, doesn't typically create his own offense, doesn't blow you away with his "mad skills"....but he makes everyone around him better.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to socca10's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bergeron is awesome, but you'd have a hard argument for him winning the Hart. Take Bergy off this team and it's a far lesser squad, but how do you quantify that? Would they be worse off without Bergy, or without Tuukka? How about Chara?

Bergeron is a "glue" guy; he's not a superstar in the traditional sense, doesn't typically create his own offense, doesn't blow you away with his "mad skills"....but he makes everyone around him better.

[/QUOTE]

Nice post. You're right. He does make "everyone around him better". He's kind of like Derek Jeter, who never won an MVP award but always played hard and for most of his career put up excellent stats. I have always hated the Yankees, but I've the greatest respect for Derek Jeter. I feel that way about Patrice Bergeron as well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Bergeron is my favourite hckey player in the game followed by Lucic & Chara. Bergeron is the best two way forward in the game tied with Toews. I say it's a tie only because Toews is the better goal scorer, but Bergeron is better overall on faceoffs & take aways. I would never be able to say that Bergeron would be up for the Hart Trophy. I already don't think Crosby is neither, because the Pens have still won without him in the lineup & the award specifically states. "Most valuable to his team" not most valuable in the NHL. The B's wouldn't win as much without Bergeron, but I think they're deep enough that they could still win without him. I think Giroux is an interesting case, but because of his slow 20 game start I wouldn't give it to him this year. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Bergeron gets my vote ... and I usually take all the hype he gets on this board with a grain of salt.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Bergeron isn't in the running for the hart and shouldn't be. I would put him in that second tier group of guys that if they did a little more they would be in the discussion. Guys like Kane, and even kessel. If Bergeron puts up 35-35-70 with a plus 40 next year we'll talk 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

I dunno 'bostonfan191646' if your criteria is 70 pts and +40 - Bergeron's almost there now. He'll be close to those stats by 82 games. But stats aside, this is a different year. I don't think there is a clear-cut-and-dried-runaway Hart Trophy winner. Kane? Injured. Kessel? Nope, Toronto isn't making the Playoffs.

I think this, and obviously his MVP play, shift-in-shift-out, gets Beregron consideration for the Hart. 

(and, 'Not-a-Shot' I think you'd have to agree that '2nd Line Centre' is a bit of a misnomer in Bergeron's case. )

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

I dunno 'bostonfan191646' if your criteria is 70 pts and +40 - Bergeron's almost there now. He'll be close to those stats by 82 games. But stats aside, this is a different year. I don't think there is a clear-cut-and-dried-runaway Hart Trophy winner. Kane? Injured. Kessel? Nope, Toronto isn't making the Playoffs.

I think this, and obviously his MVP play, shift-in-shift-out, gets Beregron consideration for the Hart. 

(and, 'Not-a-Shot' I think you'd have to agree that '2nd Line Centre' is a bit of a misnomer in Bergeron's case. )

[/QUOTE]

So you agree with me? I pretty much said Bergeron was just a step or two away from being in the conversation, and in the same class as Kane. As for the run away winner, ever heard of a guy names Crosby?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

'bostonfan191646'; You said, "...If Bergeron puts up 35-35-70 with a plus 40 next year we'll talk" - Bergeron is near those stats now and very likely could have them in two weeks time. Crosby's a finalist, no doubt - a runaway? Nope.

Like you, I think Bergeron's a finalist too. It's just that I think he's a finalist this year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What about Malkin?

[/QUOTE]

Err...what about Malkin?

Sections
Shortcuts