Bergeron in the All-Star game?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Bergeron in the All-Star game?

With Mikko Koivu hurt and out for what looks like 4-6 weeks, does Bergy get the call? Anyone know if there's an order they need to follow to replace injured players?

In my opinion, it would be between Radim Vrbata and Bergy for that spot. 

Who else can contend for that open spot?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Bergeron in the All-Star game?

Itcan't be Bergeron... Koivu was the only Wild on the team. The All-star game has at least one player from each team, so my guess is that Heatley goes. Which should be fun for Ottawa.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron in the All-Star game?:
    Itcan't be Bergeron... Koivu was the only Wild on the team. The All-star game has at least one player from each team, so my guess is that Heatley goes. Which should be fun for Ottawa.
    Posted by red75

They will not send Heatley to Ottowa despite the obvious hillarity of the situation.

Thats also false every team needs representation but not a player in the game. EDM has no one, RNH is in the rookie game but injured I believe.

It should be Bergeron to go. One player from every team is BS Bergy deserves it I hope he gets the call.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

They could send Clutterbuck, on the merit of his epic mustache

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron in the All-Star game? :   They will not send Heatley to Ottowa despite the obvious hillarity of the situation. Thats also false every team needs representation but not a player in the game. EDM has no one, RNH is in the rookie game but injured I believe. It should be Bergeron to go. One player from every team is BS Bergy deserves it I hope he gets the call.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

RNH is there - there isn't really a rookie game anymore, just more of the rooks playing in the skills comp. I read in the Province out here that RNH will likely still particpate in that. If I'm wrong, and they don't need to have at least one guy then of course it should be Bergie, but I'm betting you'll see someone from Minnesota, and Patrice will come in only if a player is hurt from a team that has at least two reps.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

I heard it could be Jordan Eberle on Hockey Central if there is any injury's. Bergy deserves it though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I went back and checked last year's roster, and you're right, there was no Flame. When Iggy was out no Flame replaced him, and no other flame was already in the lineup.

so if that's the case, then Bergie should go

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Bergeron was already f'd over by not making the original squad. He's an All-Star, no question. Team's best player all season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

ILR, that's what I also thought. A player that is named, remains an all-star even if he's injured but his replacement doesn't need to necessarily come from the same team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You guys are a riot. 

Bergeron is playing a great three zone game, but that's not what the All-Star game is all about.  Now, they might select him, they might not.

Matt Moulson is having a decent year, so is Patrik Elias.  James Neal is looking pretty good along with Jamie Benn and Jordan Eberle.  I think they'll go with a more exciting player from a team that isn't already sending three players.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

You guys are a riot.  Bergeron is playing a great three zone game, but that's not what the All-Star game is all about.  Now, they might select him, they might not. Matt Moulson is having a decent year, so is Patrik Elias.  James Neal is looking pretty good along with Jamie Benn and Jordan Eberle.  I think they'll go with a more exciting player from a team that isn't already sending three players.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I sort of agree, but none of the players you mentioned has a solid shot of walking across the stage and accepting an NHL award this summer - Bergeron does (Selke). If you're good enough to be in the early shortlist for an award as the best at something in the whole league, isn't that what an all-star is?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

You guys are a riot.  Bergeron is playing a great three zone game, but that's not what the All-Star game is all about.  Now, they might select him, they might not. Matt Moulson is having a decent year, so is Patrik Elias.  James Neal is looking pretty good along with Jamie Benn and Jordan Eberle.  I think they'll go with a more exciting player from a team that isn't already sending three players.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

This is almost guaranteed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron in the All-Star game? : I sort of agree, but none of the players you mentioned has a solid shot of walking across the stage and accepting an NHL award this summer - Bergeron does (Selke). If you're good enough to be in the early shortlist for an award as the best at something in the whole league, isn't that what an all-star is?
    Posted by red75

As defined by the League named all-star teams, not by the fan voted all-star teams.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Yeah, but the fans don't vote on replacement players.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I know and it would be nice to see Patrice there but as was mentioned already i think they will go with a more visually exciting player as opposed to an all around complete hockey player.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

And to me, remembering watching Patrice in the WJHC, I'd love to see him in this kind of game, one where he's allowed to just dangle and screw defensive responsibility. He has moves that he doesn't use because he plays three zones. Give him an offensive showcase for a change.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I have to agree with you there. I bet Patrice would really get a kick out of it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I think the fans would too... Bergeron can do what??? The All-stars a showcase. Like Z is a captain because he's flashy? Put the best available players there, regardless of style (Madden should have had more kicks at it in his prime). A lot of folks will be surprised by what some of the defensive guys can do when they don't have to worry about a system.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I think Z's there solely on the fact he can shoot 105 mph.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I think Z's there solely on the fact he can shoot 105 mph.
    Posted by 50belowzero

I think Z's there solely on the fact that the other players have agreed he's the toughest player to play against in the entire NHL (a vote last year). Great is great regardless of style.

I think he's the captain because he's the Stanley Cup captain, is widely respected, and he has single handedly tried to turn the All-star game into what it used to be - a charity game. If he doesn't figure out a way to get his team to give huge wads of cash to charity, I'll eat my unmentionables, Or better yet, give them away.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I think he does something along that line in the hardest shot competition. I think all the participants put up the same amount and the winner gets to donate the entire sum to his charity of choice, with Chara's being "Right to play", i believe.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Yep. I think last year it was 10 grand each. Now that he's a captain, I bet he tries to get that done for every competition.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Posted by Not-A-Shot

NAS, I don't think it's that much of a stretch to think Bergy may get the call. Of all the players you mentioned, none of them have more than 4 points more than Bergy. And I also agree with Red regarding the best player available regardless of style. Bergy does play all 3 zones arguably better than anyone in the league but that doesn't mean he's an offensive slouch either.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In Response to Bergeron in the All-Star game?:
    With Mikko Koivu hurt and out for what looks like 4-6 weeks, does Bergy get the call? Anyone know if there's an order they need to follow to replace injured players? In my opinion, it would be between Radim Vrbata and Bergy for that spot.  Who else can contend for that open spot?
    Posted by Ronstar8

I hope not! rather see him get the rest. guys like Bergeron and Krejci aren't interested in all star games. their interested in championship rings.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

Here's one fan who hopes Bergy stays home and enjoys the rest.

Sections
Shortcuts