Bergeron Injury Update - Suffers minor concussion Out approx. 2 weeks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Bergeron Injury Update - Suffers minor concussion Out approx. 2 weeks

If it's a concussion, it wouldn't be classified as severe, becaue he didn't lose conciousness.  But he's probably out a week, unless it stirs up old symptoms.  The team really missed him on faceoffs in the third.  Hopefully the west drags on.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrr. Show NeelyOrr's posts

Lets all be positive and get behind Bergy to come back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

It all depends when the Tampa series begins.  If it starts late next week, then that's good news.  Let's hope for a Saturday May 14 series start.

I am so pissed.  Just when this team was starting to shine!  Go Seguin! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

Anyone know the exact date of the 1st game vs Tampa Bay?If it's a week away perhaps Patrice will only miss a game or two ,which we can survive .I don't think we can win it all without him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

Re: Bergeron Injury Update - Broken nose and feels dizzy

In Response to Re: Bergeron Injury Update - Broken nose and feels dizzy:
    Add Giroux to the growing list of rats.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

giroux a rat ??? it was'nt intentional like the ''rat'' Chara.... not fun when it happen in your own team eh !? giroux is'nt a dirty player .......it's the main reason i hate Boston Bruins always other's fault never yours...Bergeron out good for you fans!  cry now!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mario11. Show mario11's posts

Kelly to 1st line, the kid plays with Peverly and Ryder on the 3rd?

Let's go Bruins

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Re: Bergeron Injury Update - Broken nose and suffers minor concussion

In Response to Re: Bergeron Injury Update - Broken nose and suffers minor concussion:
    its bergeron and Mcquaid so far
    Posted by calrapa

Mcquaid will start this series as reported

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

its not seguin's offense we're worried about.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from no1bruinsfan. Show no1bruinsfan's posts

WEEI is reporting the GM as classifyng the concussion as minor. They also state Bergeron will miss the start of the Tampa series. Link below.

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21100046/report-bergy-dealing-another-concussion

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron Injury Update - Broken nose and feels dizzy : giroux a rat ??? it was'nt intentional like the ''rat'' Chara.... not fun when it happen in your own team eh !? giroux is'nt a dirty player .......it's the main reason i hate Boston Bruins always other's fault never yours...Bergeron out good for you fans!  cry now!
    Posted by Greatseason

Giroux took a run at a player with a history of head injuries.  It would appear alot different if Philly was actually in the series.

This is equivalent to a Bruins player trying to go low on Carter.  It wreaks with intent.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron Injury Update - Broken nose and feels dizzy : Giroux took a run at a player with a history of head injuries.  It would appear alot different if Philly was actually in the series. This is equivalent to a Bruins player trying to go low on Carter.  It wreaks with intent.
    Posted by bim09

giroux finished his check.  what's he supposed to do?  never hit anyone who's ever had a concussion. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 77Fan. Show 77Fan's posts

Sadly, "if" he returns for the Tampa series, I'm sure he won't be the same player. Much like Savy last year. He won't be going into the trenches or the dirty areas, maybe restrict him to limited ice, and PP.
    this sucks...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Unfortunate. Seems to be the norm for Bruins. Although the hit may have been a little high, Giroux is not a dirty player.

I think the point everyone is missing here is that, even if Bergy comes back, he might not be the same Bergy who has led this team so far in the playoffs! I like Seguin and this is a big chance for him to prove the critics wrong.

My prediction against Tampa Bay has changed (and not for the better.)

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron Injury Update - Suffers minor concussion Out approx. 2 weeks:
    The major issue with this is his faceoffs and positioning on the ice.  Seguin is 19 years old and useless on faceoffs.   The organization is cursed.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

For the regular season, Seguin was 49.5% on draws.  By comparison, Krejci was 48.7%.  Saying he is "useless" on face-offs is a bit of an overstatement don't you think?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I thought the Avalanche was dead when they lost Forsberg that year when Bourque was there for a Cup win.  Its the playoffs.  Play on.

I didnt find the hit to be particularly dirty or predatory.  Mans game played by men; tough hits.  Its the playoffs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I think Bergy's health is what is more important right now.  We all know that the Bs are a much better team with him in the line up.  Let's try to see the human side here.  Bergy is the one who has to decide how long and if he wants to comeback.  In the meantime other guys will have to step up!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron Injury Update - Broken nose and feels dizzy : Giroux took a run at a player with a history of head injuries.  It would appear alot different if Philly was actually in the series. This is equivalent to a Bruins player trying to go low on Carter.  It wreaks with intent.
    Posted by bim09

Disagree... I dont believe in the middle of his hit he said to himself, "uh, this player has a history of concussions, so I need to get my hands up."

BS... there was no more intent there than there was with Chara.  Its still a check league last I looked.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron Injury Update - Suffers minor concussion Out approx. 2 weeks:
    Sadly, "if" he returns for the Tampa series, I'm sure he won't be the same player. Much like Savy last year. He won't be going into the trenches or the dirty areas, maybe restrict him to limited ice, and PP. this sucks...
    Posted by 77Fan

If Bergeron returns for TB or the finals, that's way different than the Savard or other Bergeron concussion. This time around, Bergeron's timing and fitness won't be nearly as off as they were the other two times around.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron Injury Update - Suffers minor concussion Out approx. 2 weeks : For the regular season, Seguin was 49.5% on drawsBy comparison, Krejci was 48.7%.  Saying he is "useless" on face-offs is a bit of an overstatement don't you think? Posted by Crowls2424

Ha Ha now I know allot of sports fans don't like stats but I do especially when they are useful...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Hope Bergeron recovers and returns within the time quoted in the Globe.
    But remember that Kevin Dupont's info comes not from the team but from a ' top source'.

I'm waiting for the Bs to make an official announcement before I drink myself into a stupor. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Guys, Chaiarelli has addressed it today ijn the media as a "Mild concussion" We'll see what that means soon enough. Bruins now have to prepare without him, so time to get on with it. Seguin looks to get his first start in the playoffs......will be interesting to see how that goes.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from s2e42o. Show s2e42o's posts

Well lets hope the the west can drag their series out a little longer.  That would delay the start of the semis at least a little bit, get Bergy back in a game or two sooner.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

The heart of a champion is not measured by one of their best players. It is measured by how they play together as a TEAM. Every playoff team fights through injuries and adversity. If you recall last year, Philly made it to the Stanely Cup finals without Ian LaPierre and Jeff Carter. Although this is a setback, the show must go on. Seguin does bring a different dynamic to the game. His speed and energy could provide a needed spark to the Power Play. However, we will miss Bergy's winning the face-offs. In the end, they should still beat Tampa in this series. In Response to Re: Bergeron Injury Update - Suffers minor concussion Out approx. 2 weeks :
    Posted by Camperpete

Spot on.  Bergeron is invaluable to the Bruins but yeah, they are the sum of all their parts. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fp4778. Show fp4778's posts

On the optimistic side Bergy and a few other guys caried the Bruins first line through the Montreal series unti lthey finally woke up and played like they could in the Philly series. Now that the first line appears to be rolling that will offset alot of what will be missing with Bergy out. The first line owes him for saving their playoff butts because other than Horton getting hot in overtime that line did nothing. So with the first line going they should still win and carry the load until Bery shows up again..... like he did for them.

Sections
Shortcuts