Bergeron Injury Update - Suffers minor concussion Out approx. 2 weeks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 77Fan. Show 77Fan's posts

Re: Bergeron Injury Update - Suffers minor concussion Out approx. 2 weeks

In Response to Re: Bergeron Injury Update - Suffers minor concussion Out approx. 2 weeks:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bergeron Injury Update - Suffers minor concussion Out approx. 2 weeks : If Bergeron returns for TB or the finals, that's way different than the Savard or other Bergeron concussion. This time around, Bergeron's timing and fitness won't be nearly as off as they were the other two times around.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    True enough, but concussions are always a tricky situation. I hope its the most mild case there is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Bergeron Injury Update - Broken nose and feels dizzy

In Response to Re: Bergeron Injury Update - Broken nose and feels dizzy:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bergeron Injury Update - Broken nose and feels dizzy : Giroux took a run at a player with a history of head injuries.  It would appear alot different if Philly was actually in the series. This is equivalent to a Bruins player trying to go low on Carter.  It wreaks with intent.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

It was a check.  Bergeron got rocked.  It wasn't much different than the Marchand hit on Carter, except Marchand did him from behind.  LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

I think people need to calm down and wait to see how the series with TB plays out. Bergeron is a huge loss, but this team has demonstrated that it is very resilient. Plus we have Tim Thomas. I expect a great series and am happy for it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Plus, Seguin will give them high end speed, so at the very least he should be able to help stretch Tampa's D, even if he doesn't produce.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Hopefully the two Western conference series get extended to give Bergeron/Mcquaid an extra week to heal.  If VAN and SJ win their game 5's, Boston will likely be playing on Tuesday.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

But remember...Crosby's initial diagnosis was also a "mild concussion", and look hwo that turned out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

We'll never find out ANYTHING with the playoffs.  He will just be on the ice one night -- just like that.  I hope

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Guys, not to worry.  We still have our #1 faceoff guy, Shawn thornton.  His win percentage is 75% these playoffs.  Don't really know if it means anything that he has only taken 4 this year.  Guess we have a new 2nd line centre. 

In all reality if the Bs do get past the Bolts at least the trolls will have no ammunition as nobody can say its because you didn't play Montreal, or Philly would have won 4 straight and beat you in 7 or it because other teams had injuries and the Bs were healthy.  Hope this adversity brings them closer and we can bring home the cup by beating the Presidents trophy winner, Vancouver (my home town) Canucks, in the final.  I know I am getting ahead of myself, but I can dream, can't I?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

The Bruins lose a great deal by not having Bergeron in the lineup. The sweep allows for a very, very valuable week of rest, and hopefully it's not much longer after that. I don't think it's a "B's must have Bergeron to beat Tampa Bay" situation, but they're certainly in a much better position to knock off the Lightning with him than without him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from IShawnPI. Show IShawnPI's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron Injury Update - Suffers minor concussion Out approx. 2 weeks:
    [QUOTE]But remember...Crosby's initial diagnosis was also a "mild concussion", and look hwo that turned out.
    Posted by abra-cadaver[/QUOTE]

True.. But Crosby also took a direct blow to the head. From what I saw Begy probably got his concussion from the whiplash. Looked to me lik he took the brunt of the hit in the chest. Another positive is he didnt slam his head on the ice. Looked Like he took a dinger for sure but it could have been a lot worse. Il take a guess and say that he will be back at some point in the next series. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Hopefully, if they make it to the Finals, Bergy can play.  Obviously they could use him big time, but I also would hate for him to miss out on that experience

Seeing how the next round can't start until the other series' are over, I think I just became the biggest Wings and Predators fan in the world.  The longer they extend those series, the better Bergerons chances are of getting back in time

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Swer,

I could be wrong but I don't think it matters what those series do.  I believe they have the times already slotted in.  I think Thursday or Friday and we will have Bruin hockey again.  They(NHL) won't miss on prime time audience viewing. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

All I care about is Bergy getting healthy, NOT dragging out the west series in hopes of Bergeron to be ineffective and then miss next year because they brought him back too quickly.

If youll remember, Crosby ALSO had a "mild concussion" too, and was expected to be back in about a week.  We all know how that worked out.

I do NOT want Bergeron back if its going to affect his long-term health.  The cup doesnt matter that much. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

[QUOTE]All I care about is Bergy getting healthy, NOT dragging out the west series in hopes of Bergeron to be ineffective and then miss next year because they brought him back too quickly. If youll remember, Crosby ALSO had a "mild concussion" too, and was expected to be back in about a week.  We all know how that worked out. I do NOT want Bergeron back if its going to affect his long-term health.  The cup doesnt matter that much. 
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

I agree, if he is not ready we will have to win w/o him. Seguin and Marchand will have to do.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Huge differences between this and Crosby - Crosby was, in all likelihood, concussed twice in two days.  He was knocked senseless by a direct blow to the jaw.  Sure, the words "mild concussion" were applied, but who believed that was true?

Game three, after a symptom free week, Bergeron takes the ice.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

[QUOTE]Swer, I could be wrong but I don't think it matters what those series do.  I believe they have the times already slotted in.  I think Thursday or Friday and we will have Bruin hockey again.  They(NHL) won't miss on prime time audience viewing. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

The NHL will not start a new round until all series of the previous rounds are complete.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Hey Numb nut, maybe if you were clued into the local radio stations and checked Hockey Insider you would be more informed. Instaed of accusing me making stuff up, do your research before passing judgement you moron.

[QUOTE]camper - you make stuff up, get a source as to this "two weeks" thing, or don't post it
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

you are making stuff up. I watched the press conference. PC said, "anything can happen" but agreed with the assumption that they were moving on without him for the time being. He suffered a mild concussion, but concussions are weird...NOBODY knows when he will be back. Could be a week, could be next season, could be next series. You don't know, I don't know, nobody knows. "out approx. 2 weeks" is making stuff up

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

One thing is for sure.  Bergy is going to have to pass all tests with flying colors or he won't be back.  No way does the team put his career in jeopardy. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

We will miss Bergeron the most on the penalty kill & in the faceoff circle. I would move Kelly back to center & play Seguin on the wing. There is too much defensive responsibility on the center. Don't put that on the kid. Play him on the wing and let him use his speed. He should be pretty fired up about getting into the lineup finally. He should have some jump & could provide a spark offensively

Sections
Shortcuts