Bergeron is the Captain on this Team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ceege. Show Ceege's posts

Bergeron is the Captain on this Team

I say put the C on his jersey next season.  Chara has been decent at best this year.  He has been turning the puck over more often then I can ever remember.  Falling all over the place.  In the last few losses when we are getting blow out he needs to step up and set the tone.

Everyone always says to me he shouldn't fight because we need him on the ice.  Well when it is 6-2 or 6-0 he should be dropoping the hammer on people.

No one is afraid to play the Bruins right now and that is a problem. 

Bergeron is playing hurt, he IS the best 2 way forward in the game, and he sticks up for his teammates.

He deserves to be the captain of this team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Bergeron is the Captain on this Team

In Response to Bergeron is the Captain on this Team:
    [QUOTE]I say put the C on his jersey next season.  Chara has been decent at best this year.  He has been turning the puck over more often then I can ever remember.  Falling all over the place.  In the last few losses when we are getting blow out he needs to step up and set the tone. Everyone always says to me he shouldn't fight because we need him on the ice.  Well when it is 6-2 or 6-0 he should be dropoping the hammer on people. No one is afraid to play the Bruins right now and that is a problem.  Bergeron is playing hurt, he IS the best 2 way forward in the game, and he sticks up for his teammates. He deserves to be the captain of this team.
    Posted by Ceege[/QUOTE]
    You'll find no bigger Bergeron supporter than me but I have to disagree. Chara's been turning the puck over because he's trying to do too much instead of just making the simple play. Most of the team is guilty of the same thing. Who do you think he should've fought last night? Nobody on the Panthers would've bothered fighting Thornton during the blowout so they were even less likely to oblige Chara. If he beats up an unwilling participant then he'd find himself facing league discipline.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Bergeron's awesome, Chara is indispensable. A fight would have done nothing. The Bruins simply need to win a game and whoever is wearing the C has little to do with anything.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I agree it comes down to simple things, the basics. Make simple plays, if the pass isn't there don't force it. Gotta start winning the one on one battles for the puck. Last night Florida was more confident w/ the puck and they looked it. The team collectively is gripping their sticks all very tightly right now. Chara is definately trying to do to much    

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

So what's it like in the Boston Locker room? You must know given your knowledge of who deserves to be captain... Calm down, remember who the last Captain to win a cup was.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I agree with you dez. Sure I'd love to see Chara teed up and punch someone into next week, he'd at least be showing his emotions which is not happening much lately.

I want to see more of the Bruins tough guy attitude that they had carried around the league. The absolute best representation in the last 2 months was in the Islanders game (I think?) when McQuaid very purposefully stepped between Marchand and an opposing player gave him that death stare that said "you want him? You have to go through me.:

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Wouldn't be surprised at all if Chara drops them with Shelly very early Saturday. Hurts to have him off the ice but maybe it could send a message.

Was surprised to see Bergeron challenge Campbell, kinda of dissapointed Campbell refused too..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

No one wants to tangle with Bergeron. He is a really tough and honest guy. Whether it's the C, or the A, or nothing at all, Bergeron gives all he has every night, including a few strong checks to indicate his displeasure, when needed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ceege. Show Ceege's posts

Bisson,

Never been in the locker room.  Just my opinion that Bergeron is the true heart and soul of this team.   My knowledge comes from watching the games and forming my own opinions.  

And I am pretty calm today.  Seeing as how they are off tonight and have no chance of getting blown out  But thanks for asking.

Who was the last captain to win the cup?   In my opinion it should have been Bergeron.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I completely agree with your opinion of Bergeron. But as we're both just fans, we're really in no position to judge Charas leadership simply based on his on ice composure.  You could be right, and Bergeron is definitely Captain material, and even without the C on his chest he plays like one. If Bergeron was the captain, and Chara wasn't, things wouldn't be any different because Bergeron all ready acts like one.

Sorry, after reading my last comment it seemed kind of vicious.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ceege. Show Ceege's posts

Good point on Chara's Ice composure.     Just wish they would get healthy, snap out of this funk, and get back to old school smashmouth Bruins Hockey.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron is the Captain on this Team:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Bergeron is the Captain on this Team : You'll find no bigger Bergeron supporter than me but I have to disagree. Chara's been turning the puck over because he's trying to do too much instead of just making the simple play. Most of the team is guilty of the same thing. Who do you think he should've fought last night? Nobody on the Panthers would've bothered fighting Thornton during the blowout so they were even less likely to oblige Chara. If he beats up an unwilling participant then he'd find himself facing league discipline.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

he doesnt necessarily have to fight but he does have to intimidate and he isnt doing that, in fact nobody on the Bruins is doing that much. but intimidation needs to be a big part of Z's game imo

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron is the Captain on this Team:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bergeron is the Captain on this Team : he doesnt necessarily have to fight but he does have to intimidate and he isnt doing that, in fact nobody on the Bruins is doing that much. but intimidation needs to be a big part of Z's game imo
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]

Chara needs to grow a beard... instant intimidation bonus.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

According to Dr. Recchi, Ference and Thornton are the team leaders when it comes to locker room rah-rah. Goes to show you it's completely arbitrary. The best teams will have many leaders for difference situations, Char's role is to kick hiney on the ice and be a leader by example. Bergeron's role is to lead by effort. Kelly is to be a liaison with the refs. Ference and Thornton make sure the room is loose or focused, depending what the situation warrants.

Who cares what letters or on the front of the sweater?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

The Bruins are collectively tight.  They're playing as if afraid to make a mistake that costs a game.  It's a tribute to Bergeron that his game's usually so steady it's tough to detect if he's off it - except perhaps his faceoff stats. 

Unless Chara is squared off with someone from the opposition of equal importance to their club, the Bruins come out on the short end of the exchange.  I'm glad Chara's the captain but Bergeron's the rudder.

Sections
Shortcuts