Bergeron on Defense?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Bergeron on Defense?

Hi Try not to flip out too much if you disagree.

Sometimes when I watch Bergeron play the point on the powerplay I think to myself "He would be a damn good defenseman". Maybe this is because Bergeron is just a great player all around and he could probably play anyposition well. But given the flavor of the month term PMD. Who would be a better PMD than Bergeron? He is the best at getting the play up ice on the powerplay.

He is one of the best skaters on the team. He has one of the best shots from the point on the team. He very solid physically and positionally sound. Not small but  not big.

Now IDK how good he would be at a regular shift for a top2 Dman (22-24mins). But he is good infront of his own net and especially in the corners. He can also make long crisp passes better than any D on the team.

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
    Caron-Wheeler-Recchi
    Seguin-Savard-Ryder
    Marchand-Campbell-Thornton

Chara-Bergeron
    Siedes-Boychuck
    Stuart-Ference

Again this is not me saying "YOU MUST DO THIS" This is me proposing an idea to solve 2 problems at once the abundance(over) of centers, and the need for a good moving Dman. Consider away!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from djstrome. Show djstrome's posts

Re: Bergeron on Defense?

PMD stink. It's that simple. Weak in their end, weak in front of their own net, fragile players. No thanks. Keep Bergeron at center and let the D-men play D. Give me a Chara, Pronger, or an Adam Foote any day. Clear the crease, solid play in their own end, and when it comes time to get the puck out of the zone, chip it off the glass and out. Too much fancy schmancy and I don't understand how people are so fascinated with the PMD. Hint: Ray Bourque isn't coming through the door any time soon.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron on Defense?:
    [QUOTE]PMD stink. It's that simple. Weak in their end, weak in front of their own net, fragile players. No thanks. Keep Bergeron at center and let the D-men play D. Give me a Chara, Pronger, or an Adam Foote any day. Clear the crease, solid play in their own end, and when it comes time to get the puck out of the zone, chip it off the glass and out. Too much fancy schmancy and I don't understand how people are so fascinated with the PMD. Hint: Ray Bourque isn't coming through the door any time soon.
    Posted by djstrome[/QUOTE]

I hate those damn PMD's ( sorry NAS I meant offensive defencemen ) and them carrying the puck. When Bobby Orr started up one of his end to end rushes I'd be screaming at the tv " chip it out ". Too much fancy schmancy for my liking.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]PMD stink. It's that simple. Weak in their end, weak in front of their own net, fragile players. No thanks. Keep Bergeron at center and let the D-men play D. Give me a Chara, Pronger, or an Adam Foote any day. Clear the crease, solid play in their own end, and when it comes time to get the puck out of the zone, chip it off the glass and out. Too much fancy schmancy and I don't understand how people are so fascinated with the PMD. Hint: Ray Bourque isn't coming through the door any time soon.
    Posted by djstrome[/QUOTE]

lol Sarcasm detector is going haywire I hope this was sarcasm lol.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Im going to change bergerons Position to D on my NHL11 dynasty lol see how it works out haha.

Ive moved Chara to wing b4 when Horton got hurt (from a chara slapshot) scored a hattrick both games with him before Horton came back and I put chara back on D.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wilsondogg. Show wilsondogg's posts

Exhibit 1A:  Dustin Byfuglien.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Yup I think he could do it and I could see him doing some end to end rushes a la Bobby Orr.  The only thing is and I may be wrong but don't defensemen get hit more and with his history that would scare me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I doubt it although I would love to see him play defense in OT 4 on 4 .  That's the extra boost for Bruins to go out and get that extra point instead of relying on SO.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think this is actually a very valid idea.  Bergeron has always reminded me a bit of a right-shooting Ray Bourque in both looks and style.  It's also not unprecidented with Big Buff just this year and others like Fedorov in the past.  I doubt Bergeron would want to do it but I think he is someone who would be able.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The last thought about using Bergie on defense during 4 on 4 is reasonable, maybe even desireable. Not as a complete position change.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Im going to change bergerons Position to D on my NHL11 dynasty lol see how it works out haha.

Ive moved Chara to wing b4 when Horton got hurt (from a chara slapshot) scored a hattrick both games with him before Horton came back and I put chara back on D.

LOL--- I just wish they would update the online rosters--- Still has Hunwick on B's and no Krecji, Boychuk and Savard-- they were all hurt at last update.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

This is kind of funny. A couple of years ago, I merely suggested Bergeron could be one of the best defensemen on the bruins, if they would ever try making the switch, and I got crucified here.
    I was called a troll, and much worse.
       Except for the fact, it would make him more vulnerable to taking hits, I would have liked to see how he would perform as a d-man.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Maybe we could put Rask in at Centre in his place so he gets some paying time.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Julien was aggressive as I've been preaching .  Starts OT tonight against Sabres with 3 fwds and 1 D . 
    Bergeron was on the ice coming back as the 2nd D. 
    Pays off being aggressive.
    Julien and the Bruins wanted the extra point. Koodos !

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Julien was aggressive as I've been preaching .  Starts OT tonight against Sabres with 3 fwds and 1 D .  Bergeron was on the ice coming back as the 2nd D.  Pays off being aggressive. Julien and the Bruins wants the extra point. Koodos !
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    They almost took away any Sabre points in regulation.I thought they played pretty well and,if not for Miller,could've scored 5 or 6 tonight.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bergeron on Defense? : They almost took away any Sabre points in regulation.I thought they played pretty well and,if not for Miller,could've scored 5 or 6 tonight.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

And if not for Thomas ?  Goalies are part of the team.
    My point last night , after all the criticism I read here on Julien is he went for it with the 3 forwards and deserved to have a mention on this victory. With division rivals the extra point should always be sought . 
    Also forgot to mention that I'm glad I didn't have to read why such and such a player was put in the shootout , the anti-hockey. I'm certain Julien also hates the SO.