Bergeron providing on-going support to Crosby

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Bergeron providing on-going support to Crosby

Texts and phone conversations between the two have been on-going since his first concussion in January.

Crosby trusts Bergeron very much (since the 2005 WJC) and has been following his advise and recommendations.

During Bergeron's first bout, Crosby was one of his many supporters.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Re: Bergeron providing on-going support to Crosby

Bergeron is true class and he has become such a great leader.  The Bruins are lucky to have someone that represents them so well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Good info Wheat. I agree in the perspective of what a strong personality Bergeron provides to the Bruins and the league.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

as if you couldn't admire the guy any more.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Couldthisbetheyear. Show Couldthisbetheyear's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron providing on-going support to Crosby:
    [QUOTE]as if you couldn't admire the guy any more.
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]
    I ,ve been a bruins fan since 1970.  I bought a Bruins tshirt back in 07 at tdgarden sportshop.  One of my fellow bruins fans friends asked me "why".  I said, "one day you will see what I see"...patrice has not disappointed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Class act through & through.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

The Canadiens are biting their hands they did not pick him.  HAHAHA.  Love it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Nah he's overpaid and he needs to score more Foot in mouth

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Patrice: you should probably sit out the year Sid.
    Sid: But I feel pretty good, like I could probably play!
    Patrice: Ooo.  Yeah.  That's really bad.  Sit out.
    Sid: But I think, if I can come back, we might have a shot at another Cup!
    Patrice: Maybe, Sid, maybe...but think of the children!
    Sid: What children?
    Patrice: Just sit out Sid.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Patrice: hello, who is it ?
    Sid: It's me Sydney Crosby
    Patrice: Yeh, what's up?
    Sid: I was wondering if you could give me some help on the whole brain injury thing
    Patrice: Why don't you give that skumbag Matt Cooke a call-  I gotta take this , it's my Team-mate Marc Savard calling - CLICK !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron providing on-going support to Crosby:[QUOTE]Patrice:  Patrice: Why don't you give that skumbag Matt Cooke a call-  I gotta take this , it's my Team-mate Marc Savard calling - CLICK !
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

So glad you're back here posting - LMAO!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

I believe Patrice and Syd are long standing friends, going back to perhaps their years of junior hockey or even childhood.  I've read that they talked frequently when they were rookies, both wanting to become elite players.  Anyone know the details?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

The Bergy- Crosby friendship is truly  remarkable  and I believe it will culminate in a Bruins Pittsburg trade in the not so distant future !   Pittsburg will initiate the trade and it'll go something like this:

To Bruins :  Stall  and Malkin  

To Pittsburg:  Bergeron , Marchand, McQuaid
                          (and possibly a top prospect or draft pick)

This trade will be explored in 2012 or 2013 AFTER Savard and Thomas contracts are off the books!  All comments are welcome!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

How did this end up in a lets trade bergeron thread haha

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE] The Bergy- Crosby friendship is truly  remarkable  and I believe it will culminate in a Bruins Pittsburg trade in the not so distant future !   Pittsburg will initiate the trade and it'll go something like this:    To Bruins :  Stall  and Malkin      To Pittsburg:  Bergeron , Marchand, McQuaid                       (and possibly a top prospect or draft pick)    This trade will be explored in 2012 or 2013 AFTER Savard and Thomas contracts are off the books!  All comments are welcome!
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]

I believe the story will go like this...

Patrice Bergeron remains a Bruins, retires a Bruin, and takes on a role in management with the Bruins.

Once Cam Neely steps down a President, Patrice will be ready to take over. President Patrice Bergeron - has a nice ring to it.

Failing this, Patrice will join the new Quebec franchise, once his career is over. There he will rise to the office of the President.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

Bang ON!

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bergeron providing on-going support to Crosby : I believe the story will go like this... Patrice Bergeron remains a Bruins, retires a Bruin, and takes on a role in management with the Bruins. Once Cam Neely steps down a President, Patrice will be ready to take over. President Patrice Bergeron - has a nice ring to it. Failing this, Patrice will join the new Quebec franchise, once his career is over. There he will rise to the office of the President.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I believe Patrice and Syd are long standing friends, going back to perhaps their years of junior hockey or even childhood.  I've read that they talked frequently when they were rookies, both wanting to become elite players.  Anyone know the details?
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]
    Bergeron was in his 3rd year as a pro when Sidney was a rookie. They played WJC tourney together the previous year and have been friends since then. There's not a whole lot more to tell.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bergeron providing on-going support to Crosby : I believe the story will go like this... Patrice Bergeron remains a Bruins, retires a Bruin, and takes on a role in management with the Bruins. Once Cam Neely steps down a President, Patrice will be ready to take over. President Patrice Bergeron - has a nice ring to it. Failing this, Patrice will join the new Quebec franchise, once his career is over. There he will rise to the office of the President.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Where's the "like" button on here?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bergeron providing on-going support to Crosby : Bergeron was in his 3rd year as a pro when Sidney was a rookie. They played WJC tourney together the previous year and have been friends since then. There's not a whole lot more to tell.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Dez, the fact is there is more to tell ! They communicate regularly throughout the season. They've become very close friends...I'd say even buddies.
    Mangement looks for good chemistry on and off the ice...case  in in point
    Cole picked up by Montreal !  Cole called his buddy Gionta and offered to talk and help Pacioretty through his serious injury.  Montreal management took notice and went out and signed Cole for this coming season. IT's good business
    practice that leads to team building and possibly cup contender.
     Anyway, time will tell . Pittsburg will have to make some moves in the next couple of years (too much salary down the middle and Stall won't be happy playing behind Crosby and Malkin for much longer. Something has to give and
    I believe they'll be looking to replace quality with quality with the added bonus of instant chemistry .

Sections
Shortcuts