Bergeron, Recchi & Big Wheel

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Bergeron, Recchi & Big Wheel

As a lot of other post's have pointed out I would love to see Bergy play wing with Savard. Not sure what to do with Recchi? He is not all that anymore. He is too slow for play and has difficulty getting the puck out of their end. And Wheeler just can't do anything so why is he still on the B's?
    These 2 are dragging Bergeron down with them. Bergy had some chemistry with Caron but CLOD couldn't see that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Re: Bergeron, Recchi & Big Wheel

Should have traded Wheeler and kept Sturm and never signed Paille. Now they are stuck with those two guys for another year because no one is going to want them. Recchi should be a healthy scratch once a week. He only has one decent game a week. Usually he's invisible and looks like a men's league guy playing with pros..Bergeron has been overrated here since Day 1. He needs to be put with quality players so that he can actually earn his bloated salary. He is incapable of being "the man" on a line

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbruin4. Show mrbruin4's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron, Recchi & Big Wheel:
    Should have traded Wheeler and kept Sturm and never signed Paille. Now they are stuck with those two guys for another year because no one is going to want them. Recchi should be a healthy scratch once a week. He only has one decent game a week. Usually he's invisible and looks like a men's league guy playing with pros..Bergeron has been overrated here since Day 1. He needs to be put with quality players so that he can actually earn his bloated salary. He is incapable of being "the man" on a line
    Posted by nash99

Shoulda coulda  woulda.........cheer for a different team  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Bergeron, Recchi & Big Wheel:
    As a lot of other post's have pointed out I would love to see Bergy play wing with Savard. Not sure what to do with Recchi? He is not all that anymore. He is too slow for play and has difficulty getting the puck out of their end. And Wheeler just can't do anything so why is he still on the B's? These 2 are dragging Bergeron down with them. Bergy had some chemistry with Caron but CLOD couldn't see that.
    Posted by jwb413

I tentatively agree on Recch.  I disagree on Wheeler.  I feel that he is playing fairly well.  Especially if you pair him with Bergeron and another solid two way forward such as a Caron or Marchand.  I don't like the idea of splitting that fourth line up because they are playing so well, so I would give Caron first shot.  If we flipped them later that would be fine.

Secondly if you go with this we have the best checking lines in hockey, woohoo.  I think we need to consider splitting up Horton and Lucic if we want to have two scoring lines.  They play so well together but right now we have no second scoring line.  I also love the idea of Bergy playing on Savvy's wing but I've kind of given up hope.  The coach isn't gonna do it.  I sometimes wonder if the idea is more like fans calling for Brady or for Bishop, it sounds good to me but maybe it's just dumb?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cujo. Show Cujo's posts

Julien has got to go!!!!!!!

The problem is Julien. IMHO he has totally mishandled the development of the young players. The idea of taking such a gifted player as Seguin - and forcing him into a new position and then trying to turn in him into Steve Kasper is ludicrous. Every other team takes an offensive player like this and cuts him loose (stamkos, hall, ovechkin, crosby etc). The best defense is when you have the puck. The other team can't score. Seguin is regressing and the blame has got to be placed on the coaching staff's shoulders. On the other hand Taylor Hall is blossoming because Edmonton is taking him as he is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Kasper!  Man I couldn't stand him as a coach.  I had that name totally blocked out of my mind.  I can still see Cam's face sitting on the bench after Kasper benched him at Maple Leaf Gardens.  Julien is Scotty Bowman compared to that donkey.  Everything Kasper ever did as a player for the B's was thrown out the door that night.  He's dead to me!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

If our idiot coach watches the game he would make a simple change:
    These four lines will have good potential goal scorers....

Lucic Krejci Horton
    Seguin Savy Bergy
    Marchand Wheels Ryder
    Rechhi(can score if need be the net for redirections) Camp Thornton

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

If our idiot coach watches the game he would make a simple change: These four lines will have good potential goal scorers.... Lucic Krejci Horton Seguin Savy Bergy Marchand Wheels Ryder Rechhi(can score if need be the net for redirections) Camp Thornton
    Posted by boborielly224

I actually like the look of the lines you propose.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

IMO Claude should change the lines, but, except for kreji's and Campbell's the other lines have not jelled due more to some of the players. Recchi has been regressing as the year goes by. First his skating and now his puck control and passing. Savvy is not as alert as he needs to be. Even on the PP his pass attempts are not up to his standard as yet. This also limits Seguin's growth, but shoulf improve as Savvy improves. IMO this team does not need Thornton's uncontrolled participation. Wheels is still developing [ maybe never??] and Ryder plays sometimes as the last goal shows.On defense, Kamfer and Seidenberg are better every game together. The rest are what they are.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruin1972. Show Bruin1972's posts

[QUOTE]Should have traded Wheeler and kept Sturm and never signed Paille. Now they are stuck with those two guys for another year because no one is going to want them. Recchi should be a healthy scratch once a week. He only has one decent game a week. Usually he's invisible and looks like a men's league guy playing with pros..Bergeron has been overrated here since Day 1. He needs to be put with quality players so that he can actually earn his bloated salary. He is incapable of being "the man" on a line
    Posted by nash99[/QUOTE

I bet they tried to trade Wheeler and found no takers. So he gets the minutes and Caron plays in Prov.
    Go figure. Unless you know WHO is holding management responsible for bringing Wheeler on board and he wants to get his money's worth. Other than that I see no reason for the things that are happening with this team and the coach's lackluster decisions.

Sections
Shortcuts