Bergeron signed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Billy-Chapel. Show Billy-Chapel's posts

Bergeron signed

8 years

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Billy-Chapel. Show Billy-Chapel's posts

Re: Bergeron signed

https://twitter.com/NHLBruins

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Boston Bruins @NHLBruins 6m

Bergeron's 8-year extension will kick in beginning 2014-15 (1 year left on current 3-yr deal); worth an annual cap figure of $6.5 million^CS

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

6.5 per

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If someone complains about the length due to injury concerns, I'm just going to snap.

Good deal.  Done deal.  Nothing to see here.  Don't have to worry about Bergeron leaving.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Good for him and good for the Bruins !  Hopefully he is a Bruin for life. Would love to see #37 hanging from the rafters some day !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Excellent.  Half a mil annually more than Lucic for a player who is, with Chara and Rask, the most important of cogs?  Done.  Shut up and take Jacobs's money!!!

Are you not entertained?!?!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

One of the best bargains in the league. I'm thrilled that he can be a Bruin for life.

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Fantastic news. Northing but positive vibes about this.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Fantastic signing. He's a relative bargain at that rate. Now of course there are those injury issues..... just yanking your chain NAS

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrr. Show NeelyOrr's posts

Fantastic...He is the best Bruin. He deserves it

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Dez, I love Bergeron, but I am not sure this is a bargain per se.

NAS, I agree with you to an extent, but if a person doesn't like long-term contracts or injury prone players, they should fear the rath of NAS?  It seems very irrational to me.  I actually thought you favored short deals.

I have no complaints about this contract, I just don't buy that there is only one appropriate view of it.  I look forward to seeing how this plays out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kens0427. Show kens0427's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

If someone complains about the length due to injury concerns, I'm just going to snap.

Good deal.  Done deal.  Nothing to see here.  Don't have to worry about Bergeron leaving.

i agree love it

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to RickyHussle's comment:

NAS, I agree with you to an extent, but if a person doesn't like long-term contracts or injury prone players, they should fear the rath of NAS?  It seems very irrational to me.  I actually thought you favored short deals.

I have no complaints about this contract, I just don't buy that there is only one appropriate view of it.  I look forward to seeing how this plays out.

No, Ricky, no one should fear the wrath of anyone.

It's just so goddamn stupid for people to attach a "but..." to everything that happens.  Will he get hurt again?  Who knows!  People spend so much time worrying about the unknown.  It's insane. 

I favor short contracts for unknown and/or old players.

Known commodities to be kept?  All day.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Ricky, guys like Crosby and Malkin make way more money than that but we all just saw what happened when they faced Bergeron in a series. It's not just coincidence that Toews and Kane finally started to perform after Bergeron started playing hurt. I'd feel confident in Bergeron going head to head against any forward on the planet. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Superior player and leader. Deserves this solid contract which doesn't break the bank

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

Ricky, guys like Crosby and Malkin make way more money than that but we all just saw what happened when they faced Bergeron in a series. It's not just coincidence that Toews and Kane finally started to perform after Bergeron started playing hurt. I'd feel confident in Bergeron going head to head against any forward on the planet. 

[/QUOTE]

With this new deal, Bergeron is currently ranked tied for 27th highest Cap Hit for 2014-15 (Price & Karlsson).  That's pretty good value. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rubberduck. Show rubberduck's posts

don't know yet if he has a NTC contract !

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Crowls, he will also continue sliding down that list over the course of the deal and likely end up as the lowest paid skater on the Olympic team.

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

But he's had concussions in the past and several injuries during this past playoff run. ;)

Sorry felt compelled. :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

He'll be 36 when this contract finishes, likely ensuring that he's a Bruin for life.  Works for me!

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

I love that he is signed for what should be the rest of his career. I love him as a player/leader. Glad he's a Bruin.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Don't like long term contracany for any player. But, hehe,  Bergeron represents the style of play of the Bruins. He is captain material. Great player. Excellent news.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2ozHWDF1ts

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

By the end of this contract he'll have been a member of the Bruins for 19 years (though only 18 seasons due to the first lockout) That will put him third all-time for Boston behind Bourque and Bucyk. I'm more than fine with that.

Sections
Shortcuts