Bergeron signed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1xxxxxxxxx7777. Show 1xxxxxxxxx7777's posts

Re: Bergeron signed

Money well spent,If he wasn't hurt Bruin's would have had, another cup to me best all round player in the league.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Love the player, love the fact that he's going to be here a while. Now, just now I might go out and by a Bergeron t-shirt or something.

People will throw stats at me but I say Bergeron, and trying not to be a homer, top 10 players in the game today, slotted somewhere between 5-7???

Anyones thoughts?

10 players I would take over Bergeron if I were starting a team tomorrow:

Crosby

Malkin

Ovechkin

Stam(p)kos

Giroux

Daniel Sedin

Jeff Carter

Rick Nash

Pat Kane

Eric Staal

And those are just forwards off the top of my head.  Yes, Bergeron is a great player and the B's have a good contract here with him, but he's not these guys.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Love the player, love the fact that he's going to be here a while. Now, just now I might go out and by a Bergeron t-shirt or something.

People will throw stats at me but I say Bergeron, and trying not to be a homer, top 10 players in the game today, slotted somewhere between 5-7???

Anyones thoughts?

Crosby

Malkin

Ovechkin

Stam(p)kos

Giroux

Daniel Sedin

Jeff Carter

Rick Nash

Pat Kane

Eric Staal

And those are just forwards off the top of my head.  Yes, Bergeron is a great player and the B's have a good contract here with him, but he's not these guys.

U would take a sedin over bergeron? Ya u know your hockey HAHAHA

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

What makes your choice extra special is u chose 1 Sedin. Your a joke, i can't wait to see your sheep's response.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to pauly1's comment:

What makes your choice extra special is u chose 1 Sedin. Your a joke, i can't wait to see your sheep's response.

Sedin carter, nash and kane wouldnt be on my list.  

StamPkos, sid, malkin, ovie, staal, tavares, zetteburg, perry getz, toews and my boy Datsyuk would be ahead of bergie.  I guess it depends the needs and wants.  If i built a team with anyone he would likely be on it.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

There are certain players who won't do a lot of things as well as PB does, but they do one or two things that help you win better than anyone in the world.  Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin (after this year's resurgence), Stamkos (though I hesitate and wonder how much his totals might drop when St.Louis retires) Tavares, Datsyuk, maybe Zetterberg.  I would say that after that list, it becomes a bit of a wash, though.  For one season, right now, Toews or Bergeron?  Weber or Bergeron?  Lundqvist or Bergeron?  Giroux or Bergeron?  Eric Staal or Bergeron?  The answer might never be Bergeron for those, but you'd have to think about it.  Carter, Parise, Kopitar, Couture, Thornton, Backstrom, Sedin, Karlsson, Subban, Pietrangelo, Doughty, Suter....vs. Bergeron.  I think Bergeron comes out on top in a lot of those conversations.  Half at least.  That's 24 top players in the league, and I've surely left a few guy out like Rinne, Duncan Keith, Patrick Kane, Tomas Vanek, Rick Nash, Jonathan Quick, etc etc.

Probably another one of those things where trying to sort players with wildly different talents into a numbered list is an exercise in fanboyism; talking about those wildly different talents and how they might help you win games, find chemistry with other players - less frustrating.

Are you not entertained?!?!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Probably another one of those things where trying to sort players with wildly different talents into a numbered list is an exercise in fanboyism; talking about those wildly different talents and how they might help you win games, find chemistry with other players - less frustrating.

1.  Shupe

2.  Book

3.  nite

4.  Chowda

5.  Kel

6.  Fletchie-poo

or is it

1.  Chowda

2.  Book

3.  Kel

4.  Fletchie-poo

5.  Shupe

6.  nite

Or maybe it's

1.  Shupe

2.  Dez

3.  Fletchie-poo

4.  Book

5.  Kel

6.  nite

7.  Chowda

Or maybe it's

1.  RHO

2.  50

3.  BHab

etc etc etc

Numbered lists of superlatives is fun.  I'll never disclose the headings for the lists above!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

1.  Shupe

2.  Book

3.  nite

4.  Chowda

5.  Kel

6.  Fletchie-poo

or is it

1.  Chowda

2.  Book

3.  Kel

4.  Fletchie-poo

5.  Shupe

6.  nite

Or maybe it's

1.  Shupe

2.  Dez

3.  Fletchie-poo

4.  Book

5.  Kel

6.  nite

7.  Chowda

Or maybe it's

1.  RHO

2.  50

3.  BHab

etc etc etc

Numbered lists of superlatives is fun.  I'll never disclose the headings for the lists above!

Im 1st on 2.  I like either of those.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Drives me nuts how Toronto centric TSN can be sometimes. This is a quote from their article on Bergeron's contract.

"In 83 playoff games, Bergeron has 20 goals -- none bigger than the two he scored in Game 7 of the opening round this season against Toronto."

Amazing clutch performance I agree, but these yahoos do realize he scored the Stanley Cup winning goal, right? It doesn't get bigger than that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Drives me nuts how Toronto centric TSN can be sometimes. This is a quote from their article on Bergeron's contract.

"In 83 playoff games, Bergeron has 20 goals -- none bigger than the two he scored in Game 7 of the opening round this season against Toronto."

Amazing clutch performance I agree, but these yahoos do realize he scored the Stanley Cup winning goal, right? It doesn't get bigger than that.

I don't know, Red.  Obviously for overall value, the goal scored vs. VAN is bigger, but the Game 7 OT vs Toronto, coming back from the dead to win the series (as a stand alone goal) was much more exciting.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Anyones thoughts?

Crosby

Malkin

Ovechkin

Stam(p)kos

Giroux

Daniel Sedin

Jeff Carter

Rick Nash

Pat Kane

Eric Staal

Kane, Nash, Carter, Sedin, and ovechkin don't make my list. i would however add toews, and datsyuk. 

Sections
Shortcuts