Bergeron to wing please

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Bergeron to wing please

In Response to Re: Bergeron to wing please:
    [QUOTE]This is what you get when you have 5 centers on the roster, add to that that the 2nd and 3rd line wingers are vanilla ice cream ...This dysfunctional roster is on the GM. Did he really believe that Ryder, Wheeler, Recchi, Caron, and Paille were going to compete with elite NHL opponents? Guess what the big offensive prospects are in Providence? Two more soft centers who can't break an egg- Nice job Pete -
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]
    Do you mean Sauve and Arneil?What's your specific beef this time?PC has built an organization that's as deep as any in the league right now.They've got McDermid and McGratton waiting in the wings if you want tough guys(I'm all for a call-up).But seriously,what specifically is the problem(or was this just a rant about nothing/everything)?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

JWensink, your thought is OK, but since when did Caron join that group?? Did you watch Arneil in his one game? He was not soft, but fast and quick and good hands and passes. Hamill is still growing and only 22 and still posses good vision and passing skills, some are concerned about his defensive skills. I've been supporting moving Ryder, Wheeler, Paille for better wings since last year. Recchi's best spot on this team is on 4th line in place of Thornton. Ryder does have 8 goals, but I still feel he only plays well occasionaly, so send him to St. Louis for one of their young defensemen; Wheeler cannot seem to finish, but, could blossom if someone showed him how; so, trade him for what you can get; Paille is ok as a spare part, but someone cheaper from Providence should be able to fill in.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bergeron to wing please : Do you mean Sauve and Arneil?What's your specific beef this time?PC has built an organization that's as deep as any in the league right now.They've got McDermid and McGratton waiting in the wings if you want tough guys(I'm all for a call-up).But seriously,what specifically is the problem(or was this just a rant about nothing/everything)?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Dez , I think everybody on this board knows the answer to your question.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bergeron to wing please : Shepherd , and that was the point I was trying to make. I didn't say any goals. I said that there were very few as the result of a direct faceoff win. Just wondering if you can think of another recent one. Pretty hard because there are not a lot of them.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

My mistake, 100%. 

I was focusing on the game as a whole, and the importance of winning faceoffs and puck possession.  You were talking about faceoff win to shot to score.

Simple misunderstanding, completely created by me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bergeron to wing please : Do you mean Sauve and Arneil?What's your specific beef this time?PC has built an organization that's as deep as any in the league right now.They've got McDermid and McGratton waiting in the wings if you want tough guys(I'm all for a call-up).But seriously,what specifically is the problem(or was this just a rant about nothing/everything)?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Dez- I never believed having 5 centers on the roster was a positive, maybe you do. I believe it weakens the 2nd and third lines significantly, and said so before the draft. Now, everyone's trying to figure out line changes to help that situation. I guess we'll just have to disagree. As far as having "an organization as deep as any in the league" as you put it...maybe you could explain how last year when Krejci went down this team reached down deep into that pool of depth - and pulled out Trent Whitfield for the remainder of the Flyer series. Or maybe you could tell us how long this team can afford to have 5 centers, and how you expect that to play out long term? Someone should have been moved to make room for Seguin- which will be the eventuality. Or a trade with Edmonton should have been addressed before the draft, because either way someone's got to go. If you feel differently -feel free to explain.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bergeron to wing please : I don't know anything else to say but I agree with everything you've said . Problem is ......it has nothing to do with my original comments and what point I was making . It's pointless to talk about this any further because I agree with you and you haven't a clue what I'm talking about. It's been great agreeing with you on what you've said and not discussing anything about my original comment. Thanks also for opening my eyes to me being narrow sighted on my comments which we didn't discuss..........um.......I think.  BTW that had to be the biggest "Huh" discussion I've ever been involved with yet since joining this forum. Discussing something I originally stated I agreed with while totally disregarding the main point I put forth. Weird ! Roler I respect what you say sometimes but where you were trying to go with this beats me.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

I do see what your saying, but the idea of how many goals are scored directly off the face off, as opposed to getting to a lose puck etc, is where I am seeing you undervalue things.. How many goals are scored because teams take and win a face off in the offensive zone, you start with possession and your in the zone, thats the first step to most scoring..

Its not neccessarily "narrow minded" or short sighted, as I stated, but I think there are more goals scored as a result of winning an offensive zone face off, then your thinking.. Not sure there is any way to break those kind of stats down, but theres a lot made of winning face offs..

And maybe I missed something else, but the idea of moving bergeron to wing cause if it adds five goals great, is where I was making the point of moving him to wing he might score 5 more, some one else might score 5 less, the team may give up 5 more, etc..

Its all hypothetical, but centers have the most value, so why take a good one and move him to wing?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron to wing please:[QUOTE]Folks, this is not like asking a dermatologist to repair a torn ACL.  And it's not asking Dice-K to be DH.   It's simply worth a look. Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

That made me chuckle good analogy and visiting Bergeron on the wing is worth a look. It has happened where a natural center handles faceoffs while playing on the wing and still goes back down the other end to handle the other teams center on defense not out of any realm whatsoever.

Watching our wingers fumble great passes time after time is of a concern which led to the start of this thread. When it comes down to beating the upper echelon teams in a 7 game series having Ryder, Wheeler and Paille can be a concern for finishing plays. This is where I see JWensink is getting at having wingers whom are inconsistent this is a huge concern of mine as well.

It's not knit picking if you think a few tweeks or trades can make your favorite sports team better.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bergeron to wing please : Dez- I never believed having 5 centers on the roster was a positive, maybe you do. I believe it weakens the 2nd and third lines significantly, and said so before the draft. Now, everyone's trying to figure out line changes to help that situation. I guess we'll just have to disagree. As far as having "an organization as deep as any in the league" as you put it...maybe you could explain how last year when Krejci went down this team reached down deep into that pool of depth - and pulled out Trent Whitfield for the remainder of the Flyer series. Or maybe you could tell us how long this team can afford to have 5 centers, and how you expect that to play out long term? Someone should have been moved to make room for Seguin- which will be the eventuality. Or a trade with Edmonton should have been addressed before the draft, because either way someone's got to go. If you feel differently -feel free to explain.
    Postd by JWensink[/QUOTE]
    Because the Bruins already had a core forward hurt(top goal scorer Sturm)and Seguin and Caron(throw Spooner and Knight into the depth pool also) had yet to arrive.Everyone wants to go on like DK got hurt and that was it.To repeat myself,he was simply the straw that broke the camel's back.To use that as your example of a lack of depth  is a crock.And what trade with the Oilers would've helped?Both Hall and seguin are natural centers that are playing wing.Should they have drafted Johansen instead of Seguin because he's a winger?That almost surely would have got PC fired.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bergeron to wing please : That made me chuckle good analogy and visiting Bergeron on the wing is worth a look. It has happened where a natural center handles faceoffs while playing on the wing and still goes back down the other end to handle the other teams center on defense not out of any realm whatsoever. Watching our wingers fumble great passes time after time is of a concern which led to the start of this thread. When it comes down to beating the upper echelon teams in a 7 game series having Ryder, Wheeler and Paille can be a concern for finishing plays. This is where I see JWensink is getting at having wingers whom are inconsistent this is a huge concern of mine as well. It's not knit picking if you think a few tweeks or trades can make your favorite sports team better.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Not to downplay the importance of face-offs but the difference between being  great at face-offs(60%+)and only decent(50%)is winning 1 extra face-off  out of every 10.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

The variables we have to think about is, is Wheeler an adept third line center , so much so that Bergeron can actually be able to move to wing on the 2nd line? The answer is yes. Wheeler experiment was done and he didn't fail as a third line center.

If anyone on our team can be a decent 2nd line winger it is Bergeron. He has skill, stickhandling and passing that would help Savard and Seguin give a much higher opportunity to score. Its not actually about Bergeron being able to score goals but with his creativity and skill , drag defenders to him leaving other guys free or with his capabilities making good passes that a guy like Seguin can capitalize on.

Guys like Bergeron and Savard need to play with guys with similiar experience and talent. Once again don't forget the Brad Boyes line project that netted bergeron a few 70 point seasons before his injury.

So finally the choices like some of you stated is between, the 2nd line scoring alot more vs wheeler unable to win a few more faceoffs. I will choose the 1st option everyday. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bergeron to wing please : I do see what your saying, but the idea of how many goals are scored directly off the face off, as opposed to getting to a lose puck etc, is where I am seeing you undervalue things.. How many goals are scored because teams take and win a face off in the offensive zone, you start with possession and your in the zone, thats the first step to most scoring.. Its not neccessarily "narrow minded" or short sighted, as I stated, but I think there are more goals scored as a result of winning an offensive zone face off, then your thinking.. Not sure there is any way to break those kind of stats down, but theres a lot made of winning face offs.. And maybe I missed something else, but the idea of moving bergeron to wing cause if it adds five goals great, is where I was making the point of moving him to wing he might score 5 more, some one else might score 5 less, the team may give up 5 more, etc.. Its all hypothetical, but centers have the most value, so why take a good one and move him to wing?
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

Now I'm undervaluing ! OMG ! Roler , I agree with you 100% . You are turning this into a ridiculously funny discussion that has nothing to do with my point . You are now disagreeing that I'm agreeing with you .......but it has nothing to do with what my point was. Try reading NAS' comments to get a better idea about my thoughts. Narrow sighted , undervaluing.......all while understanding and agreeing with you ! Sheesh !

BTW I voted to keep Bergeron at centre.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bergeron to wing please : My mistake, 100%.  I was focusing on the game as a whole, and the importance of winning faceoffs and puck possession.  You were talking about faceoff win to shot to score. Simple misunderstanding, completely created by me.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm to blame on this one too. My apologies also. Apparently I wasn't clear or specific enough with my post because there is misunderstanding from more then you ( roler ) on the meaning of my post. I agree with what you said about the importance of winning faceoffs and appreciate you understanding with what I was trying to convey. Now if I could only convince someone else about my intentions. Doubt it . 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

is this turning out to be a drama now? What is this

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

F@#$n Ryder. Almost causing three offensive offsides carrying the puck. CJ please change spots between Ryder and Bergeron

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I honestly think it'd be a decent solution.

[QUOTE]Yeah maybe PB should play D,  at least someone could skate the puck up besides JB.  Then bring back Caron.  I know this is not reality before everyone calls me an idiot saying move Bergeron to D.  Its just frustrating the talent on this team not being used properly. 
    Posted by Bruins7733[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts