Bergeron untouchable?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Bergeron untouchable?

No one is untouchable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

How many trade Bergeron threads do we need?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Bergeron untouchable?:
    While i like bergeron as well and think he is a good asset to the team i cant believe how some people just overate this guy!! he is good at what he does but not great, he is good at faceoffs but far from a master at them especially the game breaking ones late in a game in your own end. he is definetly a good player and one of our top players. but you have to call a spade a spade here, if he is that good im sure chia would of already had Shea Weber in black n gold for him.. Like Nashville would be drooling over that deal..lol just making a point here and i think he gets alot of leeway at times from people on this board. not looking for an argument here but interested to see the response on a fair assesment  
    Posted by uppercut

What point are you making?I wouldn't trade Bergeron(locked up for years to come)straight up for Weber (who could walk at season's end for nothing).In today's salary cap era it's not as simple as trading this talent for that talent.More often than not the numbers have to match up.If they acquired  Weber for Bergeron and then re-signed Weber,who else from boston's lineup would have to go?It would have to be someone as I'm sure Weber will get at least 6-7 million per year.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron untouchable?:
    In Response to Bergeron untouchable? : What point are you making?I wouldn't trade Bergeron(locked up for years to come)straight up for Weber (who could walk at season's end for nothing).In today's salary cap era it's not as simple as trading this talent for that talent.More often than not the numbers have to match up.If they acquired  Weber for Bergeron and then re-signed Weber,who else from boston's lineup would have to go?It would have to be someone as I'm sure Weber will get at least 6-7 million per year.
    Posted by dezaruchi

You've got to be kidding Dez. I like Bergeron a lot but Weber is a top 5-7 Dman in the NHL. If Weber would command 6 million, keep in mind Ryder, Wheeler, Sturm, and Recchi come off the books, plus about another million from Chara's new deal plus Bergeron's 5 million. It would work out. Thats not to say I think it will happen

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron untouchable? : You've got to be kidding Dez. I like Bergeron a lot but Weber is a top 5-7 Dman in the NHL. If Weber would command 6 million, keep in mind Ryder, Wheeler, Sturm, and Recchi come off the books, plus about another million from Chara's new deal plus Bergeron's 5 million. It would work out. Thats not to say I think it will happen
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie

When did Shea Weber become so good?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

As I said yesterday uppercut, you are naive with very limited knowledge about the value of hockey athletes. Bergeron is and has been one of the most consistently solid players for the Bruins in every year he has played. He is as consistent as a forward as Ray Bourque was as a defenseman. he has never been considered a "sniper" like Mike Bossy, but every other element of his game contributes to the Bruins. Besides, Bossy never played as a shut down forward either. Any coach  would want Bergie on the ice at any time, particularly late in a close game. I thought this was all said yesterday.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

At the Olympics.  Second in scoring for defensemen in the tournament and named to the all-star team at the highest possible talent level.  Whether that's a true indication of what he is when he's at home or not?  Hard to say.  On the one hand, he puts up Chara-like offensive numbers and actually, he has a lot of the same offensive game - huge shot, not superb rushing the puck or passing it, but good enough for most nights.  Plenty of hits in the Nashville system - 7th among defensemen in hits.  He's also minus 10 though - in Nashville.  I think he's the crush of the boards right now, just like Jack Johnson and others have been - including Ilya and Raffi.

I think you'd have to do a Bergeron for Weber deal even if you thought they were comparable in terms of quality at their positions.  Weber's a defenseman.  Defensemen at that level are harder to find and much more valuable than centres, especially when centre is one of your positions of strength and defense is not.  Bergeron's the kind of player you want to retire after a long career in a Bruins uni, but for the right deal, well, as NAS pointed out, no one is untouchable.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

BB do not disagree with a Bergeron for Weber deal, but, Weber is not a Claude type, and he is used to having compementary defensemen who can skate. It's a lot like Bergie and Brad Boyes when they were together. Have yet to see another Boyes-type on the Bruins.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron untouchable? : When did Shea Weber become so good?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Since always. 

I watched him in the Nashville / Chicago series, and he is so good. Great defensively, and a wicked shot, that he actually gets off, unlike Chara. He's not Duncan Keith, but tough as nails, and would be a most excellent addition to this team. I liken him to Lidstrom in terms of Defensive IQ.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Bergeron is quintessential Bruin, the heart of the team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Ok, since Weber will be a UFA is it possible to trade Kreji, who I think is very talented but possibly replaceable by Seguin next year? Any comments?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Ok, since Weber will be a UFA is it possible to trade Kreji, who I think is very talented but possibly replaceable by Seguin next year? Any comments?
    Posted by Bogie6

Its a tough decision because Krejci is awesome and integral to this team at the moment. But Weber is sure to be  a stud for a while.

Krejci < Weber

What else do you include? Is Webers upcoming 6mil+ affordable with Chara's contract? I wont waive the pompoms and say it isnt worth losing Krejci but its the other things you have to include firsts prospects?

IMO its too big of a deal to happen realistically.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Good Lord, another copycat thread on Bergeron.  The guy has a bad game and people need to start 9 seperate threads all saying the same thing?? 

Let's dismantle the Bruins entire philpsohy of the past three years -- building up the center position with talent and depth -- because Bergeron took a bad penalty against Toronto...

No.  The Bruins need another sniper and a #2  defensmen, but you don't solve one problem by creating another.  Let the centers be!   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron untouchable? : You've got to be kidding Dez. I like Bergeron a lot but Weber is a top 5-7 Dman in the NHL. If Weber would command 6 million, keep in mind Ryder, Wheeler, Sturm, and Recchi come off the books, plus about another million from Chara's new deal plus Bergeron's 5 million. It would work out. Thats not to say I think it will happen
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie

So you would be ok if they traded Bergeron  to have weber in the lineup for 3 months or so (remember Gonchar was a Bruin).I'm sure many feel the gamble would be worthwhile but,all things considered,I wouldn't make the deal unless an extension for weber was already worked out

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Not to let the facts get in the way, but Weber is an RFA, not a UFA.

Feel free to revise your opinions.

At this moment, Krejci:Bergeron is 1:1.  The Lucic-XXX-Horton line had equal success with both until DK came back from injury.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Not to let the facts get in the way, but Weber is an RFA, not a UFA. Feel free to revise your opinions. At this moment, Krejci:Bergeron is 1:1.  The Lucic-XXX-Horton line had equal success with both until DK came back from injury.
    Posted by Bookboy007

But Krejci is in a much better contract situation for the Bruins.  I think he has more upside than Bergeron too.  I would prefer to keep both of them.

To be honest though, I'm not sure I wouldn't just as soon have Ryan Suter as Weber.  I think he is just as good and wouldn't command as much money.  And since Weber is really the same player as Chara I'm not sure they would pair up that well.  A top pairing of Chara and Suter would be pretty appealing to me.  Don't know his contract situation though (too lazy to look it up, sorry).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron untouchable? : But Krejci is in a much better contract situation for the Bruins.  I think he has more upside than Bergeron too.  I would prefer to keep both of them. To be honest though, I'm not sure I wouldn't just as soon have Ryan Suter as Weber.  I think he is just as good and wouldn't command as much money.  And since Weber is really the same player as Chara I'm not sure they would pair up that well.  A top pairing of Chara and Suter would be pretty appealing to me.  Don't know his contract situation though (too lazy to look it up, sorry).
    Posted by Fletcher1

http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=1044

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from emjd. Show emjd's posts

Uppercut

If Krejci took his game to a higher level in the play-ofs last year and has more talent then Bergeron, then why did Bergeron have more points then Krejci. At the time Krejci got hurt, he recorded an assist and yet at that point in the play-offs, bergeron was our points leader. So I guess Bergeron took his game to even a higher level.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Thanks Bb, the way some reports were put forth it appeared that Weber was a UFA. Actually I do recall being so bold, about 3 months ago, to suggest that we swap Chara and any other defensemsn for Weber and Suter together. Of course that was in the summer days of speculating or dreaming or whatever. Obviously uppercut, you skipped over some of my suggestion which implied that Seguin has the potential to make Kreji expendable. Not that I would like to see Kreji go, but, I recognize that you must give if you want to get, and for a player like Weber or Suter, Nashville would look for a Kreji quality, and the Bruins do have some depth at center as well as potential in the pipeline.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

Bergeron is the next Cam Neely...OK just kidding.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Not to let the facts get in the way, but Weber is an RFA, not a UFA. Feel free to revise your opinions. At this moment, Krejci:Bergeron is 1:1.  The Lucic-XXX-Horton line had equal success with both until DK came back from injury.
    Posted by Bookboy007

Glad to know as that does change everything.I was only going by  someone mentioning he was UFA.My argument was only if he was ufa.Obviously if Weber was signable you  have to make the deal.

Sections
Shortcuts