Bergeron untouchable?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Bergeron untouchable?

In Response to Re: Bergeron untouchable?:
    In Response to Re: Bergeron untouchable? : Bogie6 you call me niave and question my hockey knowledge and you would get rid of kreji over bergie??LOL I think we all seen what happend last year when our best skilled centre went down (kreji) the bruins problems the last decade have been SCORING when they need a goal late in a game even when we are on the pp we choke!! good teams capitalize and you would rather keep a defensive forward??bergie)  the best defense is offense i was at the tor game sat and after we scored we went into Dmode(IT WAS STILL IN THE FIRST PERIOD) DID THEY ACTUALLY THINK THEY DIDNT NEED TO SCORE ANYMORE???  that is why they will go nowhere again this year.if bergie was so great defensively where the hell was he in game 7?? hes good but dont overate they guy and call me niave, i have played major junoir and have had great success coaching kids by the way to answer your ignorance to my last post 
    Posted by uppercut

The scenario you speak of would swap Bergeron for Krejci.For you to think that it was all about DK is naive.If Bergeron had been the one that got hurt rather than DK,I guess you think boston would've won.All of a sudden DK would play shutdown center and scoring center(I think not).As we've witnessed,Bergeron can fill in for DK on the 1st line but I'm not certain the opposite is true.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Not to let the facts get in the way, but Weber is an RFA, not a UFA. Feel free to revise your opinions. At this moment, Krejci:Bergeron is 1:1.  The Lucic-XXX-Horton line had equal success with both until DK came back from injury.
    Posted by Bookboy007

Also didn't realize Bergeron played 1 season more than Weber even though they were drafted in the same year.As a result Bergeron was due to become UFA and Weber rfa.Thanks again.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron untouchable? : Good point and Nashville will not let him go, kreiji took his game to another level in the playoffs last year thats why he was a target. if he didnt get hurt i dont think we have the great collapse that we did. still cant believe we gave up a 3 game lead and a 3 to 0 lead in game seven!! Some players can be whipping boys down there in boston but for some reason bergie gets a FREE PASS all the time.  
    Posted by uppercut

These whipping boys are created by fans like you.At this point in the season there are very few Bruins who deserve flak yet,to a man,they're constantly trashed on this forum.Giving Bergeron a hard time after his first bad game in recent memory is a perfect example .as many stated earlier,the center position is boston's strongest area yet everyone wants change there too.I think it's also easy to forget Bergeron is only 25 because it seems he's been around forever.He's still a few years away from his prime.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from emjd. Show emjd's posts

that is a completely different arguement. your thread asks the question is Bergeron untouchable and in your opinion and many others is that David Krecji is more important to the Bruins success. While stats alone don't tell the whole picture, especially with someone like bergeron who does many things that don't always show on the score sheet. The fact of the matter is that Bergeron has out produced Krejci in their career and he does all the little things that don't show up. He took a bad penalty, life goes on. Bourque took a few of those, I've seen Neely in the box at the end of games a few times. Stuff happens.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

first off, if Bergeron makes an olympic squad over loads of other talent, that speaks volumes. second we dont have to trade a center to get a good top 4 dman. there alot of other options... thirdly bergeron brings a dimension of skill that krecji does not. not offensive skill, krejci is pretty slick stick handler, but he is small and we already have savy and seguin on the way. to me krecji is way more expedenable then bergeron. although i wouldnt deal either of them, when we have alot of prospects, draft picks, and better options aka wheeler, ference, ryder. im sure, wheeler who will want more money next year,  some high round drsft picks and a good prospect could land a good dman. makes no sense to trade any of our centers at this point.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron untouchable? : dezarsushie Fans like me call a spade a spade!! we dont live in this bubble world of yours where we cant see the forest through the trees!! your right this guy isnt even in his prime yet holy crap what are we waiting for why dont we give into washingtons demand that we give them bergie if we want ovie!!get a grip sushi at any point in the season accountability is should be there, excuses are for failures and failers are full of excusses.                                                     n111 keep 
    Posted by uppercut

Wow.  This doesn't even make enough sense to respond to.  Good luck dez.

People who never played hockey like think that words like accountability and heart are the reason players like Bergeron have an occasional off game.  If you've actually played than you know that everybody plays bad sometimes, everybody gets hit, and everybody doesn't get amped up for each game in a long season.  You just hope they play hard and smart on a consistent basis, which Bergeron does.  Accountability?  Bergeron?  Really?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron untouchable? : dezarsushie Fans like me call a spade a spade!! we dont live in this bubble world of yours where we cant see the forest through the trees!! your right this guy isnt even in his prime yet holy crap what are we waiting for why dont we give into washingtons demand that we give them bergie if we want ovie!!get a grip sushi at any point in the season accountability is should be there, excuses are for failures and failers are full of excusses.                                                     n111 keep 
    Posted by uppercut

Did you just have your 7 year old write that response?So,anyway,answer the question.Are you saying DK could've done it on his own had the situation been reversed(Bergeron out and Krejci in to clarify)?I guess I'm supposed to be upset by you making fun of my name but instead ,I feel bad that you've managed to get yourself in such a lather that you  lost all grammar and the ability to spell.Stop and breathe for a minute before you're head explodes(and those words of wisdom you finished with are classic-"failers are full of excusses"-just classic from a class act).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

Bergeron is an excellent 3rd line center and an average 2nd line center at least offensively.  What sets him apart from other average 2nd line centers is intangibles; character, heart, leadership, good in the room, doesn't complain.  I think one prime reason he is loved by B's nation has to do with intangibles and the fact he successfully returns from a major concussion.  A 'feel good' story if you will.  Weber or Suter would make a lot of sense for the B's but not confident the Predators would except that deal as Bergy just doesn't score enough anymore.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron untouchable? : Wow.  This doesn't even make enough sense to respond to.  Good luck dez. People who never played hockey like think that words like accountability and heart are the reason players like Bergeron have an occasional off game.  If you've actually played than you know that everybody plays bad sometimes, everybody gets hit, and everybody doesn't get amped up for each game in a long season.  You just hope they play hard and smart on a consistent basis, which Bergeron does.  Accountability?  Bergeron?  Really?
    Posted by Fletcher1

Thanks for the support.After being ripped like that I needed time to recoup and rethink.Maybe Bergeron isn't good .....maybe the sky isn't blue.....maybe if Bergeron had some heart he'd be a better player.I guess he needs to be held to a higher standard since he's come back from career threatening injury to regain his place as a world class player(evidenced by his gold medal).Anyone that needs to ask why Bergeron gets more slack than other Bruins not only knows very little about hockey,but also very little about life.To most fans,Bergeron is an inspiration but I guess I'm the fool for thinking that.I think I can get past this but good old uppercut-I'm not so sure.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Here's my two cents.

When Bergie came to the B's he could do just about anything, including score, and expectations went through the roof partly because he was so young.

He had ton of talent.  He was smart, tough, and ultimately, versatile.

He never seemed to hit the expectations for offense, maybe because he assumed the job of two-way guy and, in a sense, fill-in center.  He could play effectively with any linemates, but never really hit a consistent matchup.  I think he and Sturm were hot for a while, but Sturm got hurt.

Then Bergie got the concussion, and is only now getting back to real form.

I feel that he can still become an offensive powerhouse if he's able to play with strong linemates for the next few years.  We'll see.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from emjd. Show emjd's posts

Exactly, in his rookie year Sullivan was using him in every situation. the 18 year old that no one really knew anything about was taking defensive zone face-offs in the play-offs. he came out of the lock out and had two 70 point seasons with a couple different wingers and coaches.I believe he was at about 10 points in 7 games when he got his injury. but with Claude, he never seems to get the offensive wingers. Yet he keeps putting up decent numbers, but I don't think they are the numbers he is capable of. He looked good with Lucic and Horton. if Horton wasn't so snake bitten, that line would have put up some impressive numbers. Lots of hit posts in the games they were together.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron untouchable? : Well part of the question is history bergeron couldnt get it done without kreiji, now you can answer my question if bergeron is as good as you think he is, and i will repeat as i said before he is good and i like him but he isnt great so to finish off the question maybe you can tell me of a gm who would give up one of there top players straightup contracts aside?? for him.. and i appolagize for my grammar i dont use my spell check like you do because it wouldnt let me past dezaruchi, so i looked the meaning up and its some kind of egyption knobgobbler
    Posted by uppercut

Hours  later and this is what you've come up with?Anyway,to answer your question,Steve Yzerman.With all contracts aside,he essentially traded countless star Canadian centers in order to take Bergeron.I suppose he dosen't know hockey like you though my classy new friend.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Nice shot siedenberg way to play for most the game tonight boys.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron untouchable? : Actually i was out shopping you know the christmas thing?? sorry i dont have time to respond to your absurd posts but i have a life very succesfull i might add, by the way thought i seen som dezaruchi doorknobs for sale while i was out they are like alarm clocks when u turn them they go dik dik dik sorry dont have time to argue with the next gm in waiting!! what do you sit by your comp all day and wait to try and correct someone?? thats your oppinion and thats fine i have a different one grow up!! how old are you 8??
    Posted by uppercut

Didn't like the Yzerman answer I suppose?Anyway I'll leave you to your successes as I have a Lego Justice League to finish building.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from emjd. Show emjd's posts

Are you Homer Simpson?
     dought? Or did you hit your head as you came up from the basement?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron untouchable? : You've got to be kidding Dez. I like Bergeron a lot but Weber is a top 5-7 Dman in the NHL. If Weber would command 6 million, keep in mind Ryder, Wheeler, Sturm, and Recchi come off the books, plus about another million from Chara's new deal plus Bergeron's 5 million. It would work out. Thats not to say I think it will happen Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie

I don't think it would happen either but if Nashville offered Weber straight up for Bergeron I would do it in a heartbeat but only because Weber is a RFA and I am a huge Bergeron fan. Shea is a great defensman what a one two punch it would be in Boston.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron untouchable? : When you are building a great team you cant have all great players this is where you are missing my point i SAID bergie was good, but i dont think he is a great player and think he is overated by some bruin fans. even richards (flyers) who is above average would not go to boston straight up for bergie, so answer my question what gm in the league would be willing to give up one of there great players strait up for bergeron?? just name a couple Getzlaff?? i dought it so who?? 
    Posted by uppercut

I already told you.With money not an issue,Stevie Y chose  Bergeron over countless Canadian centers.Spezza,Stamkos,Savard,TavaresRoy,Briere........I could go on but can't see the  need.When building the world's best team he chose Bergeron's skill set over many great players.The fact that you don't see the nuances in bergeron's skill set doesn't mean they aren't there.The 2 players you chose to name both played with Bergeron on the team so I don't know where you're going with that.Anyway we're not going to agree.Let's leave it at that before one of us says  something they don't mean.....

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron untouchable? :  emjd what does that stand for some kind of venerail desease?? you probably like hitting your boyfriends head as he about to enter your back door to infect you with somemore emjd!!! keep your 2 cents and go buy some penicillin mouthpiece. 
    Posted by uppercut

Show some class for pete's sake.We're all not here to agree.It's about open-minded debate.Your homophobic rants are absolutely rude at best.you called me immature  but your ridiculous.It seems your awfully thin skinned to be debating anything.

Sections
Shortcuts