Bergeron- we don't need a saviour!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Bergeron- we don't need a saviour!

His quote from a blog that the Bruins don't need a saviour. What I comprehend from this quote is Bruins don't need a big deal. Bergy said we have a good group of guys who can get it done just like last year. Bergy is the player I respect the most on this team if he talks I listen.

A trade will happen but just fill ins but it would be nice to see Selanne play in a Bruins jersey and can replace Horton RW position. Selanne will always be one of my personal top ten non Bruins players along with Lidstrom.

And simple d man trade for extra depth, I need to remind myself we did win the Cup with same core of players minus Horton. The only missing link is a vet forward and Selanne fits the role.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Re: Bergeron- we don't need a saviour!

Bergy's probably implying that the B'S don't need a Nash type deal to straighten things out and i agree, but they certainly need help both on the d and especially up front.... 

can't rely on both Horton & Peverley coming back as good as new for the start of the playoffs....  maybe neither will either and that could spell disaster if no upgrade is made.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I believe the correct quote is “We're not waiting for a savior..”

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

IMO, and I know it's a bit radical, but Claude should sit Pouliot. He skates well, but doesn't seem to "play" well with any linemates, and he's had lots of opportunities. Also replace Corvo with Bodnarchuck. This kid has worked hard to become a defensive defenseman under Cassidy's tuteledge. we know, from two years ago, that he can skate, give him a shot Claude. Last, but not least, stop trying to make Kelly an offensive leader. Kelly is a solid two way center who has made the Bruins third line play effectively all season. Don't fix what isn't broken Claude. Kelly/Caron/ Hennessey can fill that 3rd line duty, or you can meld in Paille or Campbell if necessary.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Claude should sit Pouliot. He skates well"

No!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In Response to Bergeron- we don't need a saviour!:
    His quote from a blog that the Bruins don't need a saviour. What I comprehend from this quote is Bruins don't need a big deal. Bergy said we have a good group of guys who can get it done just like last year. Bergy is the player I respect the most on this team if he talks I listen. A trade will happen but just fill ins but it would be nice to see Selanne play in a Bruins jersey and can replace Horton RW position. Selanne will always be one of my personal top ten non Bruins players along with Lidstrom. And simple d man trade for extra depth, I need to remind myself we did win the Cup with same core of players minus Horton. The only missing link is a vet forward and Selanne fits the role.
    Posted by orr4neely8

Selanne's performance continues to surprise me. I also wouldn't mind to see him in a spoked B uniform.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron- we don't need a saviour!:
                         "Claude should sit Pouliot. He skates well "                                            No!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Hehe, Benoit Pouliot aka BP, aka The Gas Man, aka Nifties wanna-be, lumbers along.  That's what makes him so deceptive against defensemen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

i was realy really trying to understand why Pouliot is in the daily line-up, or why Claude keeps giving him opportunity after opportunity. He doesn't mesh with anyone, so why was he on line one??? Now replacing him with Kelly, and making a slick center, like Kreji play wing. Why??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

He is right. We don't saviour. We just need someone who can play with Krejci and Lucic. It may end up being someone like Ryan Malone or Ales Hemsky, guys that haven't had gret years but may benefit from a change of scenery

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

Didn't replace Recchi and Ryder, Pouliot and Caron don't cut it, then with unknown status of Hort and Pev, we need some scoring depth.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I believe the correct quote is “We're not waiting for a savior..”
    Posted by bim09

Which to me is Bergeron suggesting the players presently on the roster are capable of returning the team to its more consistent winning form.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron- we don't need a saviour! : Which to me is Bergeron suggesting the players presently on the roster are capable of returning the team to its more consistent winning form.
    Posted by RichHillOntario

RHO, without at least one of Horton or Peverley returning as good as new i'm afraid this team won't even have a puncher's chance come playoff time....

that said, i agree the B'S don't need a saviour but some added insurance would be nice....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron- we don't need a saviour! : RHO, without at least one of Horton or Peverley returning as good as new i'm afraid this team won't even have a puncher's chance come playoff time.... that said, i agree the B'S don't need a saviour but some added insurance would be nice....
    Posted by days-of-Orr

I find it interesting how many folks felt as if TT was the only reason Boston won the Cup last year yet, less than a year later, think they can't win without adding an impact scorer. I'm not meaning you specifically Days-of. Your post just reminded me of how much love TT was getting after the finals and how little he's thought of now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron- we don't need a saviour! : I find it interesting how many folks felt as if TT was the only reason Boston won the Cup last year yet, less than a year later, think they can't win without adding an impact scorer. I'm not meaning you specifically Days-of. Your post just reminded me of how much love TT was getting after the finals and how little he's thought of now.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Dez, even with added punch, i feel that the key to the B'S having playoff success falls heavily on their goalies shoulders, specifically TT....

and TT is the least of my worries but still he can't be asked to always have to steal games....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I'm not confident having Corvo or Caron (or Hamill) in the lineup for the playoffs. I think we are stuck with Corvo since we don't have many resources to trade but we need at least one reliable 3rd line winger.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron- we don't need a saviour! : Dez, even with added punch, i feel that the key to the B'S having playoff success falls heavily on their goalies shoulders, specifically TT.... and TT is the least of my worries but still he can't be asked to always have to steal games....
    Posted by days-of-Orr

Goaltending is usually the most important position come playoff time. I'd also like to add some scoring but tightening up on D again would make me even happier.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron- we don't need a saviour! : Goaltending is usually the most important position come playoff time. I'd also like to add some scoring but tightening up on D again would make me even happier.
    Posted by dezaruchi

i have no doubt that PC will add a d-man....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron- we don't need a saviour! : i have no doubt that PC will add a d-man....
    Posted by days-of-Orr

More specifically, I'd like to see the current personnel get back to playing like they're capable of. From the goalies out, everyone needs to step it up a notch.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Berge37. Show Berge37's posts

I would like to see Selanne, he would fit nice as a veteran and he can score.

Sections
Shortcuts