Bergeron what a terrible giveaway

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Bergeron what a terrible giveaway

Bergeron was horrble tonight I'm so mad my blood is boiling.He was easily the worst player on the team tonight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Bergeron what a terrible giveaway

yeah he should be benched for life.  one play in 70+ games.  Likely will win the Selke.  I can forgive him pretty quickly....in fact what give away

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

It was a horrible giveaway, but he's usually so good that I'm willing to let a mistake or two slide.  He wasn't the only one who didn't play to his full potential tonight.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron what a terrible giveaway:
    [QUOTE]yeah he should be benched for life.  one play in 70+ games.  Likely will win the Selke.  I can forgive him pretty quickly....in fact what give away
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Plays like that is why he won't win the Selke Shupe. Real contenders for the trophy like Datsyuk and Kesler simply do not do things like that as many times as Bergeron does. No, this is not a slight to Patrice who is worth his paycheck, just an observation.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Trade him he hasn't done a thing to help the Bruins too three points away from having a 100 points this season freakin terrible Patrice should be traded for a bag of pucks at the draft!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

All the great ones have an off game from time to time.

It's a long season.

Bergeron is a great player, probably my favorite Bruin. 

He'll be a monster in the playoffs

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I think i saw Bobby Orr and Raymond Bourque cough up the puck once also.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Didnt Mario make a poster outta Ray in the playoffs?  Kesler and Dats are great 2 way fwds.  Dats is likely gonna win.  But to even have Bergie in the conversation and play a role with Canada as that type makes me glad he is on this club. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Didnt Mario make a poster outta Ray in the playoffs?  Kesler and Dats are great 2 way fwds.  Dats is likely gonna win.  But to even have Bergie in the conversation and play a role with Canada as that type makes me glad he is on this club. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I agree. Like I said above, Bergeron is a good solid player and worth his 5 mill. You can't say that about many players in this league. It is just that he is not an elite player in the mold of a Datsyuk or Kesler. This is not a sleight. I am glad the B's have him let's just not think overrate him like so many do then go into shock when he does not live up to our ridiculous expectations....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I dont think you can even put Kesler in the same topic as Dats.   Dats is just a magician when it comes to stealing the puck.  Kelser is turning into a machine though.  The shut up and play method worked for him like a charm

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

No kidding. I used to hate that guy when (Kesler that is) he first came up in Van. Just a complete a**. Now he is a 30 goal shutdown man. Almost hard to believe. Good for him though. This is who Marchand should model his game after....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Bergeron what a terrible giveaway:
    [QUOTE]Bergeron was horrble tonight I'm so mad my blood is boiling.He was easily the worst player on the team tonight.
    Posted by john6345[/QUOTE]

If a player on a hockey team that you enjoy watching elicits such a reaction, you need therapy.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bergeron what a terrible giveaway : I agree. Like I said above, Bergeron is a good solid player and worth his 5 mill. You can't say that about many players in this league. It is just that he is not an elite player in the mold of a Datsyuk or Kesler. This is not a sleight. I am glad the B's have him let's just not think overrate him like so many do then go into shock when he does not live up to our ridiculous expectations....
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Can you name one GM that wouldn't want Bergy in their lineup ?

No ?  Enough said !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

I should have cooled down after the game instead of posting right after a tough loss.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

I think Bergeron is one of the best players on the team, but what I find so frustrating is the way when this team is in trouble in their own end they seem to try to make plays with the puck instead of just chipping it out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

john,
    we all have our break the tv remote moments from time to time with the Bruins.  To me staying healthy and playing out the stretch is routine at this point.  Rest a few bodies along the way, give a few more minutes to other guys. 

playoffs is what its about now.

cheers

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarkandGoldMatter. Show DarkandGoldMatter's posts

I have to agree with the first post holding Bergy accountable and the other posts that defend him. He is a solid player on this team. With that said I would like to bring up the issue of the type of stick that he uses. 3-4 shots came off his stick that looked absolutely terrible and that does not include the giveaway. It almost looks like the curve of the stick does not allow for slap shots. Any thoughts?
    On another note I heard the U.S.A chant again. Watched the game with my old man who immediately said "Why are they chanting U.S.A, that really bugs me". Please change the chant Boston!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's super annoying. What a terrible call on that penalty shot. Have a great friday everyone!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

I'm not too worried, he rarely does that and its a game, it will happen.  He dealt with it in a classy manner.  Leafs are playing desparate hockey,  and well, they played a good game, lucky bounce.  it is what it is.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Seriously, a thread on this topic was started?....Youre a DB. Who cares....it would be one thing if it happened on a regular basis, like Rex was doing and still does occasionally, but Bergeron makes a mistake and a thread is started. Give it a rest you big baby. I get so tired of all the cry babies on this thread posting retarded posts like this one. Post something of some importance, because this isnt important at all.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bergeron what a terrible giveaway : Can you name one GM that wouldn't want Bergy in their lineup ? No ?  Enough said !
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]

I did not say he wasn't a valuable member to the team, only that he is not the elite shutdown forward some of you make him out to be. Quit acting like I am denying the existence of God. He screwed up and it cost  them the game. That is a fact. He will not win the Selke. That is a fact. He is a very good top six forward. That is a fact......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]I think Bergeron is one of the best players on the team, but what I find so frustrating is the way when this team is in trouble in their own end they seem to try to make plays with the puck instead of just chipping it out.
    Posted by john6345[/QUOTE]
    Bergy just had a bad game that is all. It started with his whiffs on his first two shots.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

The thing that annoyed me most about the giveaway last night was the fact that the Jack and/or Brick refused to say it was on Bergie's shoulders.  "Oh well, Marchand is supposed to be tighter".  You know what, Bergeron is Awesome, he's my favorite player but he is not perfect.  It's okay to say he made a mistake.  Even if March is in textbook position doesn't mean a no look half whiff pass becomes an acceptable play I mean Jeepers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

It was a bad play created because Marchand called for the puck, but the Toronto player was smart enough to jump in front of Marchand. Some one mentioned the frequent giveaways from REX. Not only give aways, but last night REX had 4 gimme's in front of the net and never buried one. Also, did anyone notice how Toronto skated and passed on their PP goal.Is it possible that Claude took note, and thought, that's what we should do on the PP, skate, pass and shoot instead of blockable slap shots. That was a text book lesson that the Bruins have never employed on their PP.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

if you watched all 82 detroit and vancouver games i'm sure you'd see datsyuk and kesler make a mistake.  To say they never do is a little ridiculous.

Sections
Shortcuts