Bergeron

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Bergeron

Wheat, the Seidenberg hit was coming at him; this was only the force of the arm, I think.  Cautious optimism.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

From my view it looked as though Ference's slash caught bergie on the wrist/hand. Hope it's nothing serious.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Suddenly, speculating who we get at the deadline takes a backseat to hoping Bergeron is okay

Sorry for the understatement.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Its good to see that some of our most respected, knowledgable posters are cautiously optimistic.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Does his injury change what PC does today?  A team that was deep at center just became very thin.  Krejci, Peverley, Campbell, question mark.  Does PC look for a Center?  Does he look for a winger and move Seguin to center and/or call up a center from  Providence?  Either way a day that was full of promise, and a game that was finally watchable, became a nightmare when Patrice left the ice. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

How depressing! Get Yammy and lose Bergeron on the same day. His reaction was identicle to the one he had wh3n Girioux hit him. Got up gingerly and skated straight to the runway. The good news is that he actually did acknowledge Seguin when he was getting off. He put his hand up when Tyler put his up. 

NOB, it was the same at all. Giroux headbutted him.

The Ottawa player got his elbow into the side of PB's head, or PB ran into the elbow.

Do you remember his second concussion? His head hit the shoulder of none other than Dennis Seidenberg. Seids wasn't even trying to hit him.

WHAT!!! Giroux didn't head butt Bergeron in the 2011 play-offs! What are you smoking! That was the perfect hockey hit!! 

Take a look & you tell me where Giroux comes anywhere near doing a head butt!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX4P0sPOYu4

And I'll repeat myself his reaction last nite was the EXACT same after Giroux hit him. He laid on his knees put his head down to the ice, got up gingerly & went straight down the tunnel. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

Does his injury change what PC does today?  A team that was deep at center just became very thin.  Krejci, Peverley, Campbell, question mark.  Does PC look for a Center?  Does he look for a winger and move Seguin to center and/or call up a center from  Providence?  Either way a day that was full of promise, and a game that was finally watchable, became a nightmare when Patrice left the ice. 

Good question.  I dont think the injury changes the type of player that we are targeting.  Bergeron is a great defensive forward...If it is a prolonged injury (geez, I hope not), we have Kelly, a (good defensive forward center) coming back.

Please note: I am in no way suggesting that Kelly will fill Bergy's shoes.  I am only implying that I dont think a "two-way center" becomes our top need.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Good question.  I dont think the injury changes the type of player that we are targeting.  Bergeron is a great defensive forward...If it is a prolonged injury (geez, I hope not), we have Kelly, a (good defensive forward center) coming back.

Please note: I am in no way suggesting that Kelly will fill Bergy's shoes.  I am only implying that I dont think a "two-way center" becomes our top need.

Another question for those that have seen the P-Bruins this year.  Do they have a two-way center not name Whitfield down there?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Another question for those that have seen the P-Bruins this year.  Do they have a two-way center not name Whitfield down there?

I've been going to less Bruins games lately (moved from a 3 minute walk from the dunk to a 7 minute drive); however, in the games that I saw, Spooner was clearly our best forward (second best player behind Krug).  Thats a 4 game sample , so please take that with a grain of salt.

Christian Hanson may be our best defensive center.  He's 27/28 so he's experienced.  He's also big, tough and gritty.  He knows his skills are limited, so he focuses on the "other" things  (defensive responsibility, physicality).  As a 27/28 yr old AHL journeyman, he's learned how to do these things to stick around.  However, he is absolutely not a top 6 NHL forward (by any stretch).

I would still go w Spooner.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

From my view it looked as though Ference's slash caught bergie on the wrist/hand. Hope it's nothing serious.

Interesting. He did not pick- up his stick either when he left the ice.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Haha I hope they do, MeanE...

Can't take seeing Whitfield up with the big club...

Maybe Christian Hanson?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I've been going to less Bruins games lately (moved from a 3 minute walk from the dunk to a 7 minute drive); however, in the games that I saw, Spooner was clearly our best forward (second best player behind Krug).  Thats a 4 game sample , so please take that with a grain of salt.

Christian Hanson may be our best defensive center.  He's 27/28 so he's experienced.  He's also big, tough and gritty.  He knows his skills are limited, so he focuses on the "other" things  (defensive responsibility, physicality).  As a 27/28 yr old AHL journeyman, he's learned how to do these things to stick around.  However, he is absolutely not a top 6 NHL forward (by any stretch).

I would still go w Spooner.

Thanks for the update!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

My online feed was pretty choppy, but wasn't Bergeron also holding his right arm close to his body as he skated back to the bench ?

That is what Brick was alluding to possibly shoulder or arm strain.

Hey if someone has Dr. Recchi's number, text him and ask his thoughts.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from izgood. Show izgood's posts

Need a top 4 defensemen and a depth forward.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Thanks for that great insight Drewski !   I finally got to see the hit when Bergeon left the game and I said to mself that that didn't seem like that big of a hit ( certainly not a cheap shot). So he must have got donked right on the temple area. Which shows you how close Bergeron lives to a career ending bump to the head. Keep our fingers crossed. It will be interesting to first see if he skates with the team in pre warmup or not. Hopefully the Bruins will give us some information soon

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 43s

Concern in Boston today as a source says #Bruins Patrice Bergeron did indeed suffer a concussion during 2nd period tues nite at TD Garden

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 43s

Concern in Boston today as a source says #Bruins Patrice Bergeron did indeed suffer a concussion during 2nd period tues nite at TD Garden

Wow!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Not good news. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

May not be the end of the world.  It's been a couple years, so if it's a lower grade concussion, then he won't miss a ton of time.

Not good news, but it's also not time panic in terms of a long term, season ending loss.

You have no way to determine the severity based on the length of time between concussions.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

If true the chances are there will be no cup celebrations around here this summer. advancing past the first round will be hard but no way will Boston advance past the second round. but you never know. it's still hockey isn't it?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

If Bergeron is concussed.  Losing him is more detrimental to the Bruins than the Pens losing Crosby.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

If Bergeron is concussed.  Losing him is more detrimental to the Bruins than the Pens losing Crosby.

Disagree.  But it would turn us into a non-contender.  So I guess it depends on how you weight the comparison.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:

Glad they have Jagr coming. Marchand-Seguin-Horton could work.

thats what i was thinking, Krecji, lucic and Jagr on the other line

Sections
Shortcuts