Bergeron

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins7733. Show Bruins7733's posts

Re: Bergeron

He will be fine, he know he got rattled and its best he take a week off or whatever just as precaution.  Could be good. Gonna force Jagr and a bunch of under performers to step up. May help this team get playoff ready. Then get an extra boost when he comes back.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

One thing that Bergy has that some do not is the mental capacity to deal with the injury and come back. Good luck Bergy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Allot in the NHL thought Patrice would miss the whole Tampa series after the Giroux hit. Bergeron came back just fine and he will this time as well. 13 games till the playoffs

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to Bruins7733's comment:

He will be fine, he know he got rattled and its best he take a week off or whatever just as precaution.  Could be good. Gonna force Jagr and a bunch of under performers to step up. May help this team get playoff ready. Then get an extra boost when he comes back.

[/QUOTE]
    I sure like this perspective and am hopeful of the same. My money is on this outcome but I still worry about him

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Letting Bergeron play this season would be a BIG mistake.............see ya next year

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

4th concussion, not good. He's getting in the territory of "one more" could end his career ala Savard. Truly sad for such a great player and Bruin. On one hand, want him back asap, on the other.....fear he'll get that "one more" and be done.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins7733. Show Bruins7733's posts

In response to riptide757's comment:

Letting Bergeron play this season would be a BIG mistake.............see ya next year

Why is everyone on here a doctor. Let the medical staff and Bergeron decide. Concussions are different for every individual. I'm sure most people who play sports for recreation take hits to the head, suffer headaches. We don't think twice about it.  We could all be suffering minor concussions. WHat happened to savard might not happen to everyone.  I give it one week and he will be back in the lineup.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

The best Centre in the NHL. Hart Trophy candidate. The new Yzerman. He'll be Crosby's linemate next Olympics. He's earned every bit of it. This guy is so cool and we're so lucky as Bruins fans to have such a cool player on our team. Keep calm and Bergeron. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

In response to gord11's comment:

The best Centre in the NHL. Hart Trophy candidate. The new Yzerman. He'll be Crosby's linemate next Olympics. He's earned every bit of it. This guy is so cool and we're so lucky as Bruins fans to have such a cool player on our team. Keep calm and Bergeron. 

I agree 100%

I hope everything works out for him truly a great alltime Bruin.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Why is everyone on here a doctor. Let the medical staff and Bergeron decide. Concussions are different for every individual. I'm sure most people who play sports for recreation take hits to the head, suffer headaches. We don't think twice about it.  We could all be suffering minor concussions. WHat happened to savard might not happen to everyone.  I give it one week and he will be back in the lineup.

[/QUOTE]

Pot meet Kettle!  Listen to your own advice.  Let the medical staff and Bergeron decide.  None of us know, and neither do the Doctors or Bergeron know how long this concussion will take to recover from.  Have you had a baseline test lately?  I think you may be a bit foggy!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Thank you Dr. Bruins7733.  That's great news.  Could you also take a look at McQuaid?  I haven't heard a definite timeline on him yet.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins7733. Show Bruins7733's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

Pot meet Kettle!  Listen to your own advice.  Let the medical staff and Bergeron decide.  None of us know, and neither do the Doctors or Bergeron know how long this concussion will take to recover from.  Have you had a baseline test lately?  I think you may be a bit foggy!

[/QUOTE]

Did I say I was a doctor, Im gueesing. Everyone on here is saying please sit out the season, don't ruin your life. Let the medical staff say that. I am just guessing it will be a short time period before he returns. Staying positive always helps compared to most of the negativity that occurs on here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

Did I say I was a doctor, Im gueesing. Everyone on here is saying please sit out the season, don't ruin your life. Let the medical staff say that. I am just guessing it will be a short time period before he returns. Staying positive always helps compared to most of the negativity that occurs on here.

[/QUOTE]

No you didn't, but you are calling out other people for stating their opinions and/or "guesses".  Everyone is not saying this.  Are the posters that want him to shut it down for health reasons and fear of permanent damage negative?  Or do they just care for the person and not the player?  I have had to deal with concussions with my child and I know first hand how unpredictable and dangerous they can be, so I do not put much stock in yours or anyone elses guess as to when Patrice will return.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I read somewhere he was annoyed at the injury. I like that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

I read somewhere he was annoyed at the injury. I like that.

Who knows...maybe the knock wasn't as bad as it first appeared and Bergeron was annoyed that he needs the requisite for repeated head injuries. Trip to quiet room...week's rest...light workouts, etc.

He knows the routine and there is definitely a step by step plan in place to comeback.

He probably feels OK but is knowing he must go through routine again - and that is why he's annoyed.(Maybe?)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

I hope you're right, but you're kind of (if I may) "playing doctor" yourself here.

Bergeron will be back when he's back, and nobody in the public knows when that'll be. Any guesses are just wishful thinking or pessimism, depending on the prediction. I think most of the (reasonable) hockey world would echo what I saw a lot of MTL writers tweet or blog last night: that Bergeron (a classy guy who plays the game the right way) is back as soon as it's safe for him to be back.

But predicting is simply roulette: one's guess may be right, but there's no skill or knowledge involved if you are.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

RWTK I think it was more the location of the contact rather than the force. He caught him right by the ear which can be wicked disorienting.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

The most bizarre thing about this story is that everyone knows that after 4 concussions the player risk irreparable damage, if it`s not already too late. No need to be a doctor to know that.

But of course, he will receive pressure to return to the game. There is so much money at stake. But next year, these same people will not want to renew his contract, mentioning that for his health, he should retire or accept a short-term contract. Besides the clowns in the stands and on blogs who will boo him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to BlueChip99's comment:

The most bizarre thing about this story is that everyone knows that after 4 concussions the player risk irreparable damage, if it`s not already too late. No need to be a doctor to know that.

But of course, he will receive pressure to return to the game. There is so much money at stake. But next year, these same people will not want to renew his contract, mentioning that for his health, he should retire or accept a short-term contract. Besides the clowns in the stands and on blogs who will boo him.

Umm I've never once heard that, so clearly not everyone knows that.

Sections
Shortcuts