Bergeron

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Re: Bergeron

In response to BlueChip99's comment:

The most bizarre thing about this story is that everyone knows that after 4 concussions the player risk irreparable damage, if it`s not already too late. No need to be a doctor to know that.

But of course, he will receive pressure to return to the game. There is so much money at stake. But next year, these same people will not want to renew his contract, mentioning that for his health, he should retire or accept a short-term contract. Besides the clowns in the stands and on blogs who will boo him.

What are you trying to say?  The Bruins will rush him back, use his concussions in negotiations, and the fans will boo Patrice Bergeron?  Is this what you are saying?  If it is, you need to get off the sauce!  Please clarify as your post is as clear as mud to me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Where's Dr. Recchi when you need him?

Anyone who states he'll be fine, or he's done, or he's at greater risk after the 4th concussion (????) is just flat out guessing. Plain and simple as that. I'll let the medical staff do their job and hope the team can play at a good level while he's out. However long that is.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Troy Aikman suffered 8 concussions playing for the Cowboys, seems like it didn't do irreparable damage as he has a job as a football color man and can remember all the players names.What i'm getting at is all concussions are different and while no hit to the head is good i'm sure Patrice and his doctors and family have all the info and the long term effects.After what happened to Savard i think the B's will support him in the decision he makes.In my opinion he will be back this year but not if he isn't 100%.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Troy Aikman suffered 8 concussions playing for the Cowboys, seems like it didn't do irreparable damage as he has a job as a football color man and can remember all the players names.What i'm getting at is all concussions are different and while no hit to the head is good i'm sure Patrice and his doctors and family have all the info and the long term effects.After what happened to Savard i think the B's will support him in the decision he makes.In my opinion he will be back this year but not if he isn't 100%.

I don't  know Troy Aikman. And of course medicine is not an exact science. But I know Chris Nilan, Pat Lafontaine, Normand Léveillée, Simon Gagne, Eric Lindros, Muhamed Ali, and this is just a very small part of many athletes who must deal with post-concussion syndrome.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I don't know Troy Aikman. And of course medicine is not an exact science. But I know Chris Nilan, Pat Lafontaine, Normand Léveillée, Simon Gagne, Eric Lindros, Muhamed Ali, and this is just a very small part of many athletes who must deal with post-concussion syndrome.

For sure and this is the not so pretty aspect of playing pro sports. With all the medical studies being done and how all these blows to the head affect a persons life after they retire it is a very real problem.Like we have mentioned playing hockey is Patrice's passion and i hope for his sake and his fans that he can heal and play again but not at the expense of his long term health, glad its not my decision.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

I don't know Troy Aikman. And of course medicine is not an exact science. But I know Chris Nilan, Pat Lafontaine, Normand Léveillée, Simon Gagne, Eric Lindros, Muhamed Ali, and this is just a very small part of many athletes who must deal with post-concussion syndrome.

For sure and this is the not so pretty aspect of playing pro sports. With all the medical studies being done and how all these blows to the head affect a persons life after they retire it is a very real problem.Like we have mentioned playing hockey is Patrice's passion and i hope for his sake and his fans that he can heal and play again but not at the expense of his long term health, glad its not my decision.

I agree.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't  know Troy Aikman. And of course medicine is not an exact science. But I know Chris Nilan, Pat Lafontaine, Normand Léveillée, Simon Gagne, Eric Lindros, Muhamed Ali, and this is just a very small part of many athletes who must deal with post-concussion syndrome.

Léveillée wasn't taken down by concussion problems.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Okay, just a blow to the head. Or the result of other blows since his childhood. Léveillée did not begin his career with the Bruins, but probably around the age of 7 or 8.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

I missed Bergeron allready....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

I pray every day for a quick 100% healthy return of Bergeron.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Okay, just a blow to the head. Or the result of other blows since his childhood. Léveillée did not begin his career with the Bruins, but probably around the age of 7 or 8 years.

Pretty sure Leveillee had some type of cerebral hemmorhage/aneurysm.  Congenital, not sport related.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuckNakie. Show BuckNakie's posts

Not a result of any injury.

After the first period in a game against the Vancouver Canucks that year, Leveille complained of feeling dizzy and having pains in his shoulder. As the trainers began tending to him he lost consciousness. He was immediately rushed to a hospital in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada where doctors confirmed he had suffered a very serious brain aneurysm. Leveille was rushed into emergency surgery in an effort to save his life. After surgery he was comatose for 3 weeks. After regaining consciousness he remained hospitalized for an additional 3 weeks. He recovered enough to walk again but at the age of 19 his promising career as an NHLer was over. Doctors confirmed that his aneurysm was caused by a congenital condition and that it wasn't triggered by an on-ice incident.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I am a huge Bergeron fan.  I think he needs to seriously consider retirement at this point.  Family is always the most important aspect in choosing a direction.  I do hope he recovers quickly and completely not matter what the decision.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandShore. Show OrrandShore's posts

Fate is strange.......

Pittsburgh gets Ignila......then loses Crosby

Boston gets Jagr........then loses Begeron

Strange doings.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

In response to OrrandShore's comment:

Fate is strange.......

Pittsburgh gets Ignila......then loses Crosby

Boston gets Jagr........then loses Begeron

Strange doings.

Fate? Coincidence yes but not fate.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

As I said, medical is not an exact science. And I will not do research on the consequences of all athletes who took a blow to the head. But common sense tells me that for Bergie, enough is enough. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

On a more positive note. With their new acquisitions and their super goalie, Rask. The Bruins will go far this year.

Don't worry. I consulted my new crystal ball. It comes with 6 months warranty. Made in China. On sale, 40% off. Great deal. :-)

Sections
Shortcuts