Bergeron

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Re: Bergeron

In response to MeanE's comment:

If Bergeron is concussed.  Losing him is more detrimental to the Bruins than the Pens losing Crosby.

agree, they still have Malkin, Iginla, Neal, Letang, Kunitz

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins7733. Show Bruins7733's posts

Have to believe it's minor or else we would have picked up another center or forward. Fingers crossed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Totally devastating! I suspect we wont be seeing bergeron until next fall hopefully! because that's not even a guarantee.  hopefully the Bruins brass will deal with this the same as the Nathan Horton and better not make the same mistake they made with Marc Savard.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Its good to see that some of our most respected, knowledgable posters are cautiously optimistic.

Thanks for the complement.

It sure did look like he was holding his left arm on a weird manner and in conjunction with not carrying his stick, lets all pray it is not his head. I'd rather have bergy out for the rest of the season with an arm/wrist injury that have it be ANYTHING with his head.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

The 3 worst things that could happen to the B's

1) Lose Chara....not much depth and lose top PK dman + shutdown Dman

2) Lose Bergeron...all intangibles he brings.  Faceoffs/Dzone play/Scoring/etc..

3) Lose Lucic/Horton.  Could also go with DK here as well but the lines were severely jacked up last year after losing Horton.  You also lose a guy who has a big physical presence as well.  Evidence: B's were basically a .500 team after they lost Horton last year and could not get that big goal versus the Caps.    This might be more mitigated with the acquisition of Jagr in terms of talent but not in terms of bang and net presence. 

Honorable mention in order:  DK, Seidenberg, Hamilton, Marchand, Seguin, Tuuka.   All of the other guys are replaceable. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to riptide757's comment:

Totally devastating! I suspect we wont be seeing bergeron until next fall hopefully! because that's not even a guarantee.  hopefully the Bruins brass will deal with this the same as the Nathan Horton and better not make the same mistake they made with Marc Savard.

It depends on the severity.  He had a concussion vs the Flyers and came back in the next round with no problems.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

On the plus side, we are now almost certainly going to see more on-ice  magic from Pandolfo......

BOO YEAH!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins7733. Show Bruins7733's posts

It's getting rediculous nothing has been released yet about his condition. Call me crazy but sports are for fans.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Chiarelli has released via Naoko Funyayam that the concussion is "moderate". So I guess one's read on what this means depends on if they're a glass-half-full or glass-half-empty kind of person....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In response to Kennedy97's comment:

Chiarelli has released via Naoko Funyayam that the concussion is "moderate". So I guess one's read on what this means depends on if they're a glass-half-full or glass-half-empty kind of person....

FARK!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins 6m

Chiarelli said Patrice suffered a moderate concussion; said he talked to him an hour ago, he was out walking today & sounded real good^CS

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Ugh...ish?  I hate concussions.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Chiarelli said Patrice suffered a moderate concussion; said he talked to him an hour ago, he was out walking today & sounded real good^CS

Mild>moderate>Bad, i guess i will keep a cautious optimism on this news.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to riptide757's comment:

Last time he had a minor concussion he missed a single game. Hopefully it's the same or less this time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Mild>moderate>Bad, i guess i will keep a cautious optimism on this news.

Mild is basically one sypmtom of a concussion and all con cussers expereince that even with out an injury, it comes and goes. I am sure be it league rules added with medical staff, its more pre cautionary measures than anything.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Kevin Paul DupontKevin Paul Dupont ‏@GlobeKPD 7m

NHL protocol will have Bergeron sidelined at least a week. Guess here: #Bruins will not consider him for game action until very end of April

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins7733. Show Bruins7733's posts

If he is alreay walking around he must not be having bad symptoms. Sure this will be more precautionary than anything.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I'm a lot more worried than PC is.  The play that Bergeron got hurt on could happen to anyone else without injury 100 out of 100 times. Ugh.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

I'm a lot more worried than PC is.  The play that Bergeron got hurt on could happen to anyone else without injury 100 out of 100 times. Ugh.

Unfortunately this is going to be the case with Patrice going forward, i wish it wasn't but it seems he is in the "any blow will do " category. I mean this is the first knock to the head that he has recieved since his last concussion, at least that i can remember.Its like he has arrived at the Simon Gagne situation. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Just a little headache after a shot to the head in they call it a concussion ...10 years ago the player woukd ask the trainer 2 pills and get back on the ice same day

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Bergeron has always been one of my favorites. But the Bruins must be very careful with him. Following his medical history, he should not play for the rest of the season. He should also retire at the end of his contract.

Enough is enough, be smart Patrice. Don't lose your health for money or anything else.

Remember you. 
    Nos bras meurtris ...

Whatever your decision, we're very proud of you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BlueChip99's comment:

Bergeron has always been one of my favorites. But the Bruins must be very careful with him. Following his medical history, he should not play for the rest of the season. He should also retire at the end of his contract.

Enough is enough, be smart Patrice. Don't lose your health for money or anything else.

It must be tough for Patrice because above all else i think he just loves to play,its his passion and sometimes that clouds the big picture.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

It must be tough for Patrice because above all else i think he just loves to play,its his passion and sometimes that clouds the big picture.

Hockey is his life

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I've watched the hit 5 or 6 times now and it really looks to me like mild contact... very concerning that this was the cause. I think the Bruins chances of a Cup this year ride on the health of everyone but certainly Bergy. Regardless, he needs to take as much time as he needs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Hockey is his life

Exactly what I was thinking. We all take risks just living. Live as you choose Patrice, but I sure love the way you play hockey. Hope you're well soon

Sections
Shortcuts