Bergeron's production

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Bergeron's production

Timo Seppa from Hockey Prospectus writes a fact based analogy on Bergeron's production over the past 5 years.  He hints at coaching as the reason for Bergy's offensive decline since his rookie year.

I kind of agree with him.

Driving to the net.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

Re: Bergeron's production

Hockey prospectus is legit

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Bergeron's production:
    [QUOTE]Timo Seppa from Maplestreetpress writes a fact based analogy on Bergeron's production over the past 5 years.  He hints at coaching as the reason for Bergy's offensive decline since his rookie year. I kind of agree with him. Driving to the net .
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]
    Good read Bim, thanks. I think Bergeron playing the point on the PP definitely cut down his goal totals. I'd love to see him go back to being a shooter on the PP.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Bergy was 4th in voting for the Selke last season. Personally I think he should have been top 3 but Datsyuk had won it 3 years in a row and can't really grumble at Kesler winning (although I hate the Nucks!).

http://thenhlhotlist.azvibe.com/2011/06/23/canucks-kesler-wins-selke-trophy/

Seems to me defense is a big part of his game but he is a threat at the other end of the ice. I do agree that coaching has a part in it although I don't think it's a bad thing. You don't have to look far to see players (not naming names) who get free reign to float around and put up loads of points on a losing team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Never will you hear me complain about Bergie.  He just does so many little things well.  Its a treat.  Love him

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Hence the 3 year contract and not a 5 year contract. I think Patrice sees himself with point production going up the next 3 years despite/in spite of the "system".

Would Patrice produce more in a more open system no doubt in my mind. However like the "will Tuukka ask for a trade thread", would Bergeron be happy putting up a ton of points but losing on a lousy team with mediocre goaltending that doesn't have the defensive horses like Boston ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron's production:
    [QUOTE]Hence the 3 year contract and not a 5 year contract. I think Patrice sees himself with point production going up the next 3 years despite/in spite of the "system". Would Patrice produce more in a more open system no doubt in my mind. However like the "will Tuukka ask for a trade thread", would Bergeron be happy putting up a ton of points but losing on a lousy team with mediocre goaltending that doesn't have the defensive horses like Boston ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    You're right San. Bergie seems like most guys, happy to be winning above all else.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

My personal favorite Bruin, Bergy doe's many things that don't show up on the scoresheet night in and night out, I'll take Bergy on my team any day of the week. So glad he is a Bruin!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

It certainly would be nice to see him put up more offence & I think he would in a different system as would others on the team. But he is one of those players that you have to look at the full game to see how valuable he really is. He does all the little things that are so important to a winning team.

I realize it was different eras but Bergeron kind of reminds me of a Ron Francis type player. Francis put up more points but everyone did in that era. But Francis was such a complete player like Bergy is. But there is certainly potential for more points under a different system.

He is the type of player you could look at the box score the next day & see no points but you know he contributed in a huge way in some aspect of the game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Here is the stat that matters when it comes to Bergeron:

Stanley Cups:  1

He directly contributes to every victory.

People who are bemoaning his point production make no sense to me.  He makes the infinitely better.  The only reason anyone should care about his stats for pools.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

The only reason I care is because he does not get the recognition he deserves. He's an stud, more career points and better points per game than Ryan Kesler who gets five times the attention, better numbers than M Koivu (who i also like) who gets more $, and better than Jordan Staal who is another one (that i like, yes i have a fave type player) who gets a lot more attention.

The bleacher reports not the only one to recognize what's going on with Bergeron's stats. This is a first page google result for "p bergeron bruins"http://pucksage.com/?p=577

[QUOTE]Here is the stat that matters when it comes to Bergeron: Stanley Cups:  1 He directly contributes to every victory. People who are bemoaning his point production make no sense to me.  He makes the infinitely better.  The only reason anyone should care about his stats for pools.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

If I have idle time regarding how Bergeron is doing statistically I'll look. If I want to see a true indicator on how good he really is I'll just watch him play. Some important aspects that win hockey games don't show up in boxscores. He is one of the smartest players in the NHL when it comes to every facet of the game.

Great player !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]The only reason I care is because he does not get the recognition he deserves. He's an stud, more career points and better points per game than Ryan Kesler who gets five times the attention, better numbers than M Koivu (who i also like) who gets more $, and better than Jordan Staal who is another one (that i like, yes i have a fave type player) who gets a lot more attention. The bleacher reports not the only one to recognize what's going on with Bergeron's stats. This is a first page google result for "p bergeron bruins" http://pucksage.com/?p=577 In Response to Re: Bergeron's production :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

Who cares what "they" think about him? Are you in love with him?  Is he your boyfriend?  Is he your son?

This is a bit creepy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Bergie's the best. Remember, he did ask Peter, before last year, to provide him with better wings, meaning better scoring guys. Even with Marchand, the bruins depend on Bergeron to shut down the opponents best line, thereby limiting his own scoring chances. The one way the Bruins could help is to improve the skills on the 4th line, so that they could assume the shut down role, and Bergie's line would play against less quality, thereby having more scoring opportunity. I cannot complain about Claude this year , as he seems to be much more involved in becoming a winner. So his directions to Bergeron are directly related to the skills on hand.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Bergie's the best. Remember, he did ask Peter, before last year, to provide him with better wings, meaning better scoring guys. Even with Marchand, the bruins depend on Bergeron to shut down the opponents best line, thereby limiting his own scoring chances. The one way the Bruins could help is to improve the skills on the 4th line, so that they could assume the shut down role, and Bergie's line would play against less quality, thereby having more scoring opportunity. I cannot complain about Claude this year , as he seems to be much more involved in becoming a winner. So his directions to Bergeron are directly related to the skills on hand.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

You have and you will.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bergeron's production : Who cares what "they" think about him? Are you in love with him?  Is he your boyfriend?  Is he your son? This is a bit creepy.

Trollish comment. So he would like his favorite player to get more points and as a result get more recognition around the league. Something Bergeron does  infact deserve.

And you say its his BF and creepy? What?

I agree its annoying seeing Kesler be hailed as such a great player when Bergy /> Kesler yet he barely gets 1/4 of the recognition kesler gets around the league.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

he doesnt get as much time on the PP as he used to plus he doesnt have ovechkin like skills, bottom line for me dont change much if anything with his game he is fine.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

I think this is less about a Bergeron love fest, and more about his utilization on the team.  I think Bruins management could use to read both of these articles.  I personally think Bergeron has the potential to be a ppg player if given the proper talent on his wings.  He will continue to provide his great defensive play, but will produce much more in that role. 

Bergeron is the unselfish type of player that does what his coach asks him to do for the good of the team.  If he were asked to provide more offense and given the tools to do so, I think he would deliver.  I think the example in the article of last year when Krecji went down says it all -- when put with first line wingers, he put up ppg and the line thrived.  The difference between Bergeron and Krecji I think comes down to consistency.  Krecji is a hot and cold type of player while Bergeron brings his game night in and night out.  But that's not the point, they are both really good players defensively and offensively.  However while Krecji has been labeled our dynamic #1C, Bergeron has been labeled our shut down - two way center -- the tangible difference is the linemates they are given.

I also like the suggestion of less pk time.  The Bruins have a lot of really good penalty killers but none have the offensive potential that Bergeron does.

Bottom line, if you give Bergeron a more offensive role on the team not only will you get great defense out of him (that's not going to change no matter who his linemates are), you are going to get more points out of both him and his linemates.  Net gain: Bruins

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]I think this is less about a Bergeron love fest, and more about his utilization on the team.  I think Bruins management could use to read both of these articles.  I personally think Bergeron has the potential to be a ppg player if given the proper talent on his wings.  He will continue to provide his great defensive play, but will produce much more in that role. 
    Posted by Chappy28[/QUOTE]

This I completely agree with. Add another top6 winger to this team that can really score some points. I saw this list somewhere

Daniel Alfredsson, Rene Bourque, Shane Doan, Ales Hemsky, Jarome Iginla, Brendan Morrow, Zack Parise, Vinny Prospal, Toumo Ruutu, Kyle Turris, Kris Versteeg and Ray Whitney

If there was someone like that in the top6 I could see that strengthening Bergy's line enough to increase is point production. For sh!ts lets say they acquire Doan(should be good for around 60pts on a crappy yotes team).

You then can roll
    Lucic-Krejci-Seguin
    Marchand-Bergeron-Doan
    4th Line

The last 2 years Recchi put up an avg 45 points. So if we assume doan scores 5 more playing with bergy we have a player with 20more points than Recchi playing on Bergy's line. This in turn should add around 10-12 points for Bergeron. Also assuming Marchand puts up 55pts this year then we can add another 5-10 pts again for Bergeron. Im assuming with better players Bergy scores more goals and gets more assists.

Based on this assumption Bergeron scores 15 or more points then the previous year. Breaking the 70 pt barrier. Kesler finished last year with 66 points.

Id say if there was another legit top six scoring threat added to the line up it is not unreasonable at all to have bergeron win the Selke trophy. Again this is all hypothetical and I dont think that Bergeron playing with Rex last year was a bad thing (hey we won right?) but I think playing with a younger better scoring threat would really up his point totals without taking away from the defensive aspect that makes him a selke nominee.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Do you ever do anything here other than void your bowels all over everyone else? Seriously this isn't being a "Seguinista" or the equivalent. Sometimes you're funny, but usually you come across like a substitute phallic device with short curcuit.

This is about a long established player who also happens to be the longest tenured Bruins skater people are gonna have strong opinions on him.

Bergeron is an elite talent. His stat's support that. The eyeball tests support that. The fact that everyone but the Bruins management and NHL broadcasters is coming to recognize that is apparent, other wise that link would have been a top google result, and the original link wouldn't have gotten written or posted here

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bergeron's production : Who cares what "they" think about him? Are you in love with him?  Is he your boyfriend?  Is he your son? This is a bit creepy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

My guess is anyone who matters knows his level.

IE teammates, opponents, coaches etc.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jefe77. Show Jefe77's posts

The guy is all heart, not that I would take it away from Z at this point, but Patrice would be and has been my choice as captain for years.

The rest of the league will eventually jump on the bandwagon.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Do you ever do anything here other than void your bowels all over everyone else? Seriously this isn't being a "Seguinista" or the equivalent. Sometimes you're funny, but usually you come across like a substitute phallic device with short curcuit. This is about a long established player who also happens to be the longest tenured Bruins skater people are gonna have strong opinions on him. Bergeron is an elite talent. His stat's support that. The eyeball tests support that. The fact that everyone but the Bruins management and NHL broadcasters is coming to recognize that is apparent, other wise that link would have been a top google result, and the original link wouldn't have gotten written or posted here In Response to Re: Bergeron's production :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

Bergeron is great.  I am thrilled that he is a Bruin and was happy to watch him play for Team Canada.

I don't care what Joe Dink the hockey fan in RANDOM CITY thinks of him.  I truthfully don't even care what you think of him.  He is fantastic at his job for the team I follow.

If he's played unbelievable and doing his job very well, why would I care what the stat sheet says?

This falls under the same category as the people who wish the Bruins got more respect in Boston or hockey got more respect in general.  Why?  What changes in our lives in 2011.  In 1988, it would have been a valid wish for the NHL, as there was little coverage of out of town teams.  With the internet and the NHL Package, we pine for nothing.

But I sure wish Bergeron was more respected around the NHL and that he could score more goals.  I know this would make him happy, and that in turn would make me happy.  Because I love him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

[QUOTE]Here is the stat that matters when it comes to Bergeron: Stanley Cups:  1 He directly contributes to every victory. People who are bemoaning his point production make no sense to me.  He makes the infinitely better.  The only reason anyone should care about his stats for pools.

Thornton has 2 cups, so he's better then bergeron right?

Sections
Shortcuts