Bergy/Segs/Marshmallow: Wow... What a play

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

Bergy/Segs/Marshmallow: Wow... What a play

on further review, Tyler Seguin's second goal was one of the prettier displays of complimentary skill from a line that I've seen in a while.

1st: Marchand makes a ridiculous kick drop-pass to return the puck back to Bergeron in the slot. Yes, he meant to do that. WOW, unreal play Marchand.

2nd. Bergeron accepts the riduclous kick drop-pass, and fills the lane behind marchand in the low slot. Then, Bergs convinces all thee Sabres defenders that he has cookies and should follow him into the corner to recieve them...of course they follow for some nom-noms. 
    3rd. Bergy then spots Seguin, apparently with the video camera attatched to the back of his helmet, and lays the puck on the tape of the trailing winger. It would be polite to call this a defensive breakdown; Mr. Seguin is left all alone in the slot with with approximently 60% of the net open. Yeah, automatic

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bhbabe. Show Bhbabe's posts

Re: Bergy/Segs/Marshmallow: Wow... What a play

Outstanding play.  Thanks for posting it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ingrizzlebizzles. Show ingrizzlebizzles's posts

Pretty cool stuff. Good analysis.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

That play is exactly what Claude's third man high is all about, and this year, the Bergeron line has Seguin's speed to get to those drop passes and shoot accurately, purer textbook. Good old Rex was not fast enough last year, but Peverly, Kelly, Caron and Kreji make it work well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

In Response to Re: Bergy/Segs/Marshmallow: Wow... What a play:
    [QUOTE]That play is exactly what Claude's third man high is all about, and this year, the Bergeron line has Seguin's speed to get to those drop passes and shoot accurately, purer textbook. Good old Rex was not fast enough last year, but Peverly, Kelly, Caron and Kreji make it work well.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Rex had his strengths, but speed was not one of them. This line has me thinking repeat.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Thanks for the break-down and vid....It's also worth noting how much chemistry and ease w/each othet this line is showing.

The patience Marchand showed on the first Seguin goal--waiting til exactly the right second to make the pass on the 2 on 1, speaks volumes about his abilities, AND how Seguin was able to read his mind and not over or under-shoot his position on the ice to accept that pass.

It's a beautiful thing to see!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

[QUOTE]The patience Marchand showed on the first Seguin goal--waiting til exactly the right second to make the pass on the 2 on 1,
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was a thing of beauty... Man, what an exciting team to watch right now. This team has everything.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

It sure was pretty.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

It's nice to have a guy that can burry it...not as easy as it looks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]It's nice to have a guy that can burry it...not as easy as it looks.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]
    Yes it was. Even Paille would score from those setups.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

They are firing on all cylinders right now and it's a beautiful thing to watch.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bergy/Segs/Marshmallow: Wow... What a play : Yes it was. Even Paille would score from those setups.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm speaking in generalities. I remember the days of cycling puck movement...pass,pass,pass,pass to finally the wide open guy annnnd clank...it goes off the glass/post/boards/organ player,hot dog guy,etc.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bergy/Segs/Marshmallow: Wow... What a play : I guess I'm speaking in generalities. I remember the days of cycling puck movement...pass,pass,pass,pass to finally the wide open guy annnnd clank...it goes off the glass/post/boards/organ player,hot dog guy,etc.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]
    I see what you mean. I just meant that Seguin was the recipient of 2 gifts last night. That said, it's his speed that allows him to get in position to finish those off. The sky's the limit for this line.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]It's nice to have a guy that can burry it...not as easy as it looks.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Now you can worry about the Pats Wink  .

When you got 2 lines like the Bruins have right now it'll be hard for any team to hold them.  Then there's the Kelly line and they're not too shabby especially now with Peverly back.  It all started with him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm constantly see Marchand kicking the puckto himself or linemates I'm thinking the kid played allot of soccer as a kid. Nice touch on the "Oh Crap" comment clouds, Ols!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Nice thread. Well done.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Only one thing missing

And that's the Harlem Globetrotters whistle* going on when that line is out there.

*The song is "Sweet Georgia Brown" for those that gotsta know.

reference
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmXbTi5GjDE

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Great breakdown!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

Snack Time!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

This pass from Bergeron was a thing of beauty also . Thread-the-needle pass was magnificent.

http://video.bruins.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20112012,2,200&event=BOS85&fr=false

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Hahaha, I sometimes hum that when they are on the ice. It's rediculous, but that's exactly what it looks like.

[QUOTE]Only one thing missing And that's the Harlem Globetrotters whistle* going on when that line is out there. *The song is "Sweet Georgia Brown" for those that gotsta know. reference http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmXbTi5GjDE
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

I don't recall us having the offensive force of the past couple of weeks since the 70s. We have 2 lines that create chances almost every time out. It is so fun to watch. And to think everyone is still very young. The future's sure bright!!!