Best Bruins brawlers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PulseBoston. Show PulseBoston's posts

Best Bruins brawlers?

Hey all,

I'm Gary Dzen, one of the sports producers at Boston.com. We're going to be doing more with our PulseBruins feature on Boston.com in terms of interacting with you and -- we hope -- providing some more fun and funny content. Given the potential for a fight in tonight's game, I'd like to ask you to name your favorite Bruins brawlers of all-time. We'll use the list for a feature soon.

Gary

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Re: Best Bruins brawlers?

Stan Jonathan, Rick Middleton (nifty with an edge), Cam Neely and Jay Miller, in no particular order.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Terry O'Reilly, Stan Jonathan, Wensink, Cashman, Neely, and Lyndon Byers...in that order.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

What Fletch said.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Best Bruins brawlers?:
    [QUOTE]Hey all, I'm Gary Dzen, one of the sports producers at Boston.com. We're going to be doing more with our PulseBruins feature on Boston.com  in terms of interacting with you and -- we hope -- providing some more fun and funny content. Given the potential for a fight in tonight's game, I'd like to ask you to name your favorite Bruins brawlers of all-time. We'll use the list for a feature soon. Gary
    Posted by PulseBoston[/QUOTE]

o yah?  Why don't you try and make me?  Take off your big tough sports producer badge and come on in here like a regular user and try to make me say Stan Jonathan or LB!  Go ahead!  I dare you!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Glen Wesley, Don Sweeney, Joe Juneau and Marc Savard in that order 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Best Bruins brawlers?:
    [QUOTE]Glen Wesley, Don Sweeney, Joe Juneau and Marc Savard in that order 
    Posted by Swerengen[/QUOTE]

You forgot Jean Ratelle

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Jonathan- A fierce pitbull who lost very few & took on anybody, anywhere,      anytime! Argueably the best lb for lb fighter ever!

Neely- The best all around player I have ever seen. The guy could beat you in so many different ways on any given nite! Dangit I loathe you Ulfie!!

O'Reilly- When the Taz got spinning, his fist were flying & also a lot of teeth

Weinsyk- An absolute nutbar! I heard he & his brother used to take full force punches at each other in the off season to help John take a punch!

PJ Stock- I put him here because his fight with Stephen Peat is top 5 that I have ever seen.

Miller- Miller vs Kordic & Nilan on the same night! You just don't see that anymore.

Cashman- The leftie who threw down with Schonfield in the zamboni entrance is classic! B's would also beat you off the ice!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I might put Secord on the list too...he was one tough hombre

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Here we go in order..Keep in mind I'm mid 80's on.

1. Terry O'Reilly - a street fighter on skates. Never gave in or gave up.
    2. Cam Neely  - was reigned in a bit but had a temper.
    3. Jay Miller -  good fighter, when he scored it was "Jay Goulet"
    3. (tie) Lyndon Byers- another brawler who knew his role and his limitations.
    4. P.J Stock -  small fighter with the heart of a lion. vs. Peat one of the all time best fights.
    5. Ken Belanger - not here that long but handled Probert and Domi. Big intimidating fighter. Crazy look on his face too.
    6. Shawn Thornton - Great upper body strength, revered by teammates.
    7. Rob Dimaio - very underrated fighter, who would take on anyone.Was a southpaw as well.
    8. Stephen Leach - Good hard nosed player who was tough as nails.
    9. Andrei Nazarov - Big strong fighter, had a stone face look.
    10. Ken Baumgartner - A Pat Burns favorite, reminds me of Shawn Thornton.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/68854

I think Stan Jonathan was the toughest Bruin ever. Always fought bigger guys like Domi did and laughed in the face of his opponents when it was over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGxDe34V4gw

Troy Mallette wasn't in Boston long but he sure made his presence felt, what a punch!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Stan Jonathan was the best. Obviously Wensink was my Favorite...he just looked the craziest. When your a teenage kid, and Don Cherry was standing up on the bench, and Wesnink was acting out...well, they had me at hello -

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

Any post w/o Jonathan and Wensink is incomplete. Wensink challenging the No Stars bench with no takers still a memory. Nobody took liberties with their teams. Especially Jonathan. Secord could throw 'em too

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rlprentiss. Show rlprentiss's posts

Rob Dimaio - remember him taking on Lindros on night.
    Darth Quaider - He just destroys people.
    Neely - much like Lucic when he goes into a rage good luck.
    Lucic - when pissed off watch out.
    Troy Mallete - his one punch knock out on Murry Baron was classic.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from libbylou58. Show libbylou58's posts

Ted Green for all you teletubie generations. Cashman, Oreilly, wensink, JONATHAN, Jay Miller, and about 5 of the currents

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

PJ Stock (although now he's a DB)
    Shawn "The Sniper" Thornton

In Response to Best Bruins brawlers?:
    [QUOTE]Hey all, I'm Gary Dzen, one of the sports producers at Boston.com. We're going to be doing more with our PulseBruins feature on Boston.com  in terms of interacting with you and -- we hope -- providing some more fun and funny content. Given the potential for a fight in tonight's game, I'd like to ask you to name your favorite Bruins brawlers of all-time. We'll use the list for a feature soon. Gary
    Posted by PulseBoston[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I suppose I should add Tim Thomas and Zdeno Chara. Not that PJ Axelsson's fights weren't fun, but he just barely misses the listt.

[QUOTE]PJ Stock (although now he's a DB) Shawn "The Sniper" Thornton In Response to Best Bruins brawlers? :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Here we go in order..Keep in mind I'm mid 80's on. 1. Terry O'Reilly - a street fighter on skates. Never gave in or gave up. 2. Cam Neely  - was reigned in a bit but had a temper. 3. Jay Miller -  good fighter, when he scored it was "Jay Goulet" 3. (tie) Lyndon Byers- another brawler who knew his role and his limitations. 4. P.J Stock -  small fighter with the heart of a lion. vs. Peat one of the all time best fights. 5. Ken Belanger - not here that long but handled Probert and Domi. Big intimidating fighter. Crazy look on his face too. 6. Shawn Thornton - Great upper body strength, revered by teammates. 7. Rob Dimaio - very underrated fighter, who would take on anyone.Was a southpaw as well. 8. Stephen Leach - Good hard nosed player who was tough as nails. 9. Andrei Nazarov - Big strong fighter, had a stone face look. 10. Ken Baumgartner - A Pat Burns favorite, reminds me of Shawn Thornton.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    OMG Kel I swear I was gonna put him down, but changed my mind for some stupid reason. I think if you can find a close up of Ken. You'll find urself asking if Vampires existed. Those teeth he had looked like fangs!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldTymeHockey. Show OldTymeHockey's posts

in no particular order
    Sanderson
    Orr
    OReilly
    Green
    Wensink
    Neely
    Jonathan
    Miller
    LB
    Thornton

Jonathan lbfor lb, IMOwas the best

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from saxydogg77. Show saxydogg77's posts

I know we've had several snarky posts already, but I'm going to throw <a href="http://www.google.com/imgres?q=jean-yves+roy&hl=en&sa=X&qscrl=1&nord=1&rlz=1T4GGLL_enUS346US346&biw=1920&bih=927&tbm=isch&prmd=imvnso&tbnid=7wVMjvkK99ysXM:&imgrefurl=http://bleacherreport.com/articles/814575-boston-bruins-20-best-players-to-have-come-up-through-providence&docid=HD5R8gsjDmFJjM&imgurl=http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/214/413/317395_display_image.jpg%253F1313963347&w=338&h=400&ei=qoLNTsWmDe7MiQKRs7TACw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=821&vpy=429&dur=1520&hovh=244&hovw=206&tx=137&ty=155&sig=114605058121220918638&page=1&tbnh=140&tbnw=108&start=0&ndsp=58&ved=1t:429,r:29,s:0"&gt;Jean-Yves Roy's gloves into the frey</a>.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from saxydogg77. Show saxydogg77's posts

^hyperlink FAIL.  Jean-Yves Roy FTW.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

What about "Shoe?"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

where's all the shoebottom love?