Re: Best Bruins brawlers?

In Response to Re: Best Bruins brawlers?:
    [QUOTE]JAY MILLER
    Posted by jaymiller[/QUOTE]

LOL Jay.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]O'Reilly Jonathan Lucic Wensink Miller I think I've seen Lucic lose one fight and it wasn't really a big loss. People are seriously afraid to take him on which is as big of a compliment as I can give him. O'Reilly was fearless.  Weinsink was just crazy. Miller was a really good technician and could also take punches.  Jonthan was arguably pound for pound the best fighter ever, but he would get overmatched at times. Honorable mentions:  Cam Neely (hated leaving him off, but I seriously think Lucic is more damaging/intimidating), Bobby Orr, PJ Stock.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

He's lost more than one. Which one are you talking about?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

For Results:
    Stan Jonathan
    Terry O'Reilly
    Cam Neely
    Jay Miller
    Wayne Cashman
    Lyndon Byers
    PJ Stock
    John Wensink
    Rob Dimaio

For Effort:
    Brent Hughes
    Nevin Markwart
    Keith Crowder

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Well so far I've got him losing to Colton Orr, John Erskine and Eric Boulton.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1SIq0zXnsQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2cLwiGHkZI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2cLwiGHkZI&feature=related

he actually won the re-match vs Erskine...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

[QUOTE]Here we go in order..Keep in mind I'm mid 80's on. 1. Terry O'Reilly - a street fighter on skates. Never gave in or gave up. 2. Cam Neely  - was reigned in a bit but had a temper. 3. Jay Miller -  good fighter, when he scored it was "Jay Goulet" 3. (tie) Lyndon Byers- another brawler who knew his role and his limitations. 4. P.J Stock -  small fighter with the heart of a lion. vs. Peat one of the all time best fights. 5. Ken Belanger - not here that long but handled Probert and Domi. Big intimidating fighter. Crazy look on his face too. 6. Shawn Thornton - Great upper body strength, revered by teammates. 7. Rob Dimaio - very underrated fighter, who would take on anyone.Was a southpaw as well. 8. Stephen Leach - Good hard nosed player who was tough as nails. 9. Andrei Nazarov - Big strong fighter, had a stone face look. 10. Ken Baumgartner - A Pat Burns favorite, reminds me of Shawn Thornton.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Kel, some nice entries there... Naz had a predeliction with steroids and pulled McLaren's hair once, so I'd ice him. Loved Steve Leach as a well rounded winger, but he didn't win many. In his defence, they were a little light on heavies during his time here....

I think if we asked Craig Berube, he'd tell us LB and Miller - lol. I'd add;

Stephane Quintal - LB-like endurance

Nevin Markwart - see Gord Donnely fight

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyGray55. Show JohnnyGray55's posts

[QUOTE]Here we go in order..Keep in mind I'm mid 80's on. 1. Terry O'Reilly - a street fighter on skates. Never gave in or gave up. 2. Cam Neely  - was reigned in a bit but had a temper. 3. Jay Miller -  good fighter, when he scored it was "Jay Goulet" 3. (tie) Lyndon Byers- another brawler who knew his role and his limitations. 4. P.J Stock -  small fighter with the heart of a lion. vs. Peat one of the all time best fights. 5. Ken Belanger - not here that long but handled Probert and Domi. Big intimidating fighter. Crazy look on his face too. 6. Shawn Thornton - Great upper body strength, revered by teammates. 7. Rob Dimaio - very underrated fighter, who would take on anyone.Was a southpaw as well. 8. Stephen Leach - Good hard nosed player who was tough as nails. 9. Andrei Nazarov - Big strong fighter, had a stone face look. 10. Ken Baumgartner - A Pat Burns favorite, reminds me of Shawn Thornton.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

where is the best fight of them all Stan jonathan?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyGray55. Show JohnnyGray55's posts

1.. Stan Jonathan
    2.  O"reilly
    3.. Cashman
    4.  Wensink
    5.  Fern Flaman

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GaryGeiger3. Show GaryGeiger3's posts

Reaching back....a pre injured Teddy Green pound for pound is right with Stan Jonathan.  Cash, Taz, Wensink, Al Secord, LB, Miller, Neely before Milbury became coach, Jamie Huscroft, Krystof Oliwa was an excellent fighter, he just couldn't stand up w/o double runners, PJ Stock, Lucic before he became a goal scorer & Thornton.  YouTube some of the old B&W from the 50s of Ed Sandford, a wild man.  But nobody is scarier than Chara when he loses it.  I still remember his dismantling of Kojci of the Hawks 2 or 3 years ago. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best Bruins brawlers? : where is the best fight of them all Stan jonathan?
    Posted by JohnnyGray55[/QUOTE]

Read it again Johhny. I'm not old enough to remember him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best Bruins brawlers? : Kel, some nice entries there... Naz had a predeliction with steroids and pulled McLaren's hair once, so I'd ice him. Loved Steve Leach as a well rounded winger, but he didn't win many. In his defence, they were a little light on heavies during his time here.... I think if we asked Craig Berube, he'd tell us LB and Miller - lol. I'd add; Stephane Quintal - LB-like endurance Nevin Markwart - see Gord Donnely fight    .
    Posted by Griswal65[/QUOTE]

Ahhh. i remeber that fight with Mclaren. i beleive it was Kyles first fight. I will remove him and add nevin Markwart.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from clouts. Show clouts's posts

Wensink and Jay Miller were the nastiness.  Stan Jonathan was the best fighter.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaRocket. Show DaRocket's posts

[QUOTE]Stan Jonathan, Rick Middleton (nifty with an edge), Cam Neely and Jay Miller, in no particular order.
    Posted by MrVmax[/QUOTE]

Rick Middleton?  Really?  Six fighting majors in his career.  Never won one.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]in no particular order Sanderson Orr OReilly Green Wensink Neely Jonathan Miller LB Thornton Jonathan lbfor lb, IMOwas the best
    Posted by OldTymeHockey[/QUOTE]

I'm glad someone finally mentioned Bobby Orr. He wasn't afraid to drop the gloves and he could hold his own. There's a classic fight on YouTube with him and Keith Magnason (sp?) from the Blackhawks going at it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwoodheywood. Show jwoodheywood's posts

1. Jonathan (best lb. for lb. fighter the NHL has ever seen)
    2. Neely (man oh man, when he got mad, watch out. After a beatdown the other guy would plead to the refs, "make the bad man go away!!")
    3. O'Reilly (was there anyone he wouldn't fight? Had a temper equalled only by Neely. Hmmm, might be an Irish thing?)
    4. Wensink (I'll have the North Stars and a side of fries please)
    5. Miller (His tussles w/ Kordic & Nilan were legendary)
    6. L.B./Lucic (tie) (maybe these two should go at it to see who's better? I think I know who Paul Gaustaud would pick)
    7. Secord (What a mean SOB he was)
    8. P.J. Stock (not the greatest fighter per se, but he was small and wouldn't back down to anyone)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toppazini. Show toppazini's posts

Orland Kurtenbach deserves careful consideration along with Bob McCord, Fernie Flaman and Leo Boivin.  Ted Green may top the list as he had to deal with John Ferguson, who was the best I ever saw.  He beat Green, but it was close.  Like two locomotives colliding.  Sanderson said Fergie had an extra knuckle.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

toppazini I saw that Green and Ferguson fight on TV 38 ! I also saw Orr and Magnason fight. That fight happen at the end of a game between the B's and the Hawks. Magnason took a beating but he was able to take Orr off the ice when the B's were down by one and they had to pull the goalie.

In my opinion the best brawler in the history of the B's was O'Reilly. He wasn't the best fighter that was Jonathan. O'Reilly also could play hockey and the opposing team knew that every single Bruin who played with O'Reilly was going to give 110 % because O'Reilly was such a great leader that his team mates didn't want to let him down.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Talk about nut cases...how about Bobby Schmautz. Crazy eyes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bloody_9. Show Bloody_9's posts

Teddy Green. Loved to watch him hammer John Ferguson (Canadians)...
    Wensink (sp.) just SICK.  Would take on entire teams...
    Terry O'Reilly of course....
    Shawn Thornton...
    Neely could hit pretty good..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

This guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nWjwcWff3s

Old time hockey.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Stan Jonathan was the best. Obviously Wensink was my Favorite...he just looked the craziest. When your a teenage kid, and Don Cherry was standing up on the bench, and Wesnink was acting out...well, they had me at hello -
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]
    I'll go ahead and agree with everything that you said and add that nobody is happy to have Chara pull them out of a scrum for little 1 on 1 action.....Regher knows he got off easy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best Bruins brawlers? : I'm glad someone finally mentioned Bobby Orr. He wasn't afraid to drop the gloves and he could hold his own. There's a classic fight on YouTube with him and Keith Magnason (sp?) from the Blackhawks going at it.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]
    Orr was so good it's easy for some people to forget he finished his career with more PIM's than points.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lewnatic. Show lewnatic's posts

There's a couple of current Bruins who I believe absolutely belong on 'the list'.... 

1st, the monster -- CHARA.  Size alone makes him scary, but if you get under his skin and get him fired up, holy crap!!! (as in what he'll beat out of anyone, anywhere, anytime!!)

2nd is a relative newcomer to 'the ring' - Adam MacQuaid.  Last year he absolutley strutted his stuff a few times and since it's almost as if nobody wants anything to do with him.  He's got the size and attitude to chew people up and spit out the bones!!!  Gotta believe he'll be an enforcer for the B's for years to come.

All time favorite fight has to be little Stanley Jonathan putting an end to Pierre Bouchard's career even though Bouchard had about a foot & 50 pounds on him!!

enjoy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne1y0QCOQOM (only bad part is the Hab-biased announcer trying to justify how much of Bouchard's blood got spilled -- and that stinkin' Lupien pulling Wensink's hair!!)