Best Bruins brawlers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Best Bruins brawlers?

In Response to Re: Best Bruins brawlers?:
    [QUOTE]Stanley, Cash and Terry O'Reilly.  Who can forget Stanley with Pierre Bouchard or Moose Dupont? Wayne Cashman was devastating as a fighter with that left hand, the best corner man in the league and a favorite of all the B's fans.  O'reilly...always ready to go, always scrapping and could put the puck in the net. Wensink is a must....I was there the night he challenged the North Stars bench from mid ice and not on N. Star moved.  From the 60's, Terrible Teddy Green was the baddest guy in the league and an all star right handed defenseman, to boot.   The Rangers owner, Jennings, reportedly put a bounty on his head. Insiders admitted that Orland Kurtenbach was unrivaled in a one on one.
    Posted by Bronco-Horvath[/QUOTE]

Damn good fighter but I never seen John Ferguson lose one.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

1.  Zdeno Chara - only because he'd punish Jonathan because of the height disparity.
    2.  Stan Jonathan - one word "savage!"
    3.  Terry O'Reilly - fierce berserker.  Is that redundant?
    4.  Jay Miller - quintasential goon.
    5.  Lyndon Byers - see 4.
    6.  Shawn Thornton - technical, tactical and strong as hell.  Solid chin too!
    7.  Cam Neely - skilled southpaw who really packed a punch.  Sick evil grin too!
    8.  PJ Stock - who entertained more in his brief tenure?
    9.  Ken Baumgartner - no one brought the jackhammer with more consistently.
    10. Milan Lucic - has fought all comers and wins way more than he loses, despite what haters on hockeyfights.com say.  I'd love to figure out his overall career record.

Honorable mention - Ken Belanger (career cut way too short), Wayne Cashman, John Wensink (lost way more than he won), Chris Nilan (well past his prime), Glenn Fetherstone, Willie Plett (see Nilan), Bruce Shoebottom, Al Secord and lastly, my sentimental favorite, Nevin Markwart!

*note - Only a fan since 77'/78'. Also, anyone who included Steve Leach, Rob Dimaio, Andrei Nazarov, or Jeff Odgers need to submit a urine test.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toppazini. Show toppazini's posts

[QUOTE] From the 60's, Terrible Teddy Green was the baddest guy in the league and an all star right handed defenseman, to boot.   The Rangers owner, Jennings, reportedly put a bounty on his head. Insiders admitted that Orland Kurtenbach was unrivaled in a one on one.
    Posted by Bronco-Horvath[/QUOTE]
    The Rangers put the bounty on Green's head for spearing Phil Goyette.  Reefed him pretty badly.  Green was one of the dirtiest players in the league for quite a while.  He had calmed down a little and became a good defenseman-2nd team All Star the previous year-when he got in the stick duel with Wayne Maki.  I think he just scared Maki out of his mind and he reacted by crushing Green's skull.  It was really a shame that Ted lived by the sword and literally almost died by it.  I'll never forget  him crying on the ice in his street clothes when they won the cup that year.  He came back the next year, but aside from his heart was never the same again. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

[QUOTE]1.  Zdeno Chara - only because he'd punish Jonathan because of the height disparity. 2.  Stan Jonathan - one word "savage!" 3.  Terry O'Reilly - fierce berserker.  Is that redundant? 4.  Jay Miller - quintasential goon. 5.  Lyndon Byers - see 4. 6.  Shawn Thornton - technical, tactical and strong as hell.  Solid chin too! 7.  Cam Neely - skilled southpaw who really packed a punch.  Sick evil grin too! 8.  PJ Stock - who entertained more in his brief tenure? 9.  Ken Baumgartner - no one brought the jackhammer with more consistently. 10. Milan Lucic - has fought all comers and wins way more than he loses, despite what haters on hockeyfights.com say.  I'd love to figure out his overall career record. Honorable mention - Ken Belanger (career cut way too short), Wayne Cashman, John Wensink (lost way more than he won), Chris Nilan (well past his prime), Glenn Fetherstone, Willie Plett (see Nilan), Bruce Shoebottom, Al Secord and lastly, my sentimental favorite, Nevin Markwart! *note - Only a fan since 77'/78'. Also, anyone who included Steve Leach, Rob Dimaio, Andrei Nazarov, or Jeff Odgers need to submit a urine test.
    Posted by CamOJonasink[/QUOTE]

Wow, you know your pugs, but I guess with a handle like that, I shouldn't be surprised... And you're with me on Wensink. I think the stache and look gave him more cred than was warranted.

I have a special place for Markwart too, especially for those early-mid 80s teams when he was among only a few who showed up. I'd challenge you on Dimaio, though. Didn't have many, but he surprised folks, including Domi.... Still feel Stephane Quintal and Jamie Huscroft deserve some props too.    

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best Bruins brawlers? : Wow, you know your pugs, but I guess with a handle like that, I shouldn't be surprised... And you're with me on Wensink. I think the stache and look gave him more cred than was warranted. I have a special place for Markwart too, especially for those early-mid 80s teams when he was among only a few who showed up. I'd challenge you on Dimaio, though. Didn't have many, but he surprised folks, including Domi.... Still feel Stephane Quintal and Jamie Huscroft deserve some props too.      
    Posted by Griswal65[/QUOTE]
    I'll give you Dimaio.  I'll also give you Quintal.  I didn't think of him.  If he had a nasty streak, he could have been a legit top 10.  Huscroft........not too successful.  Glad you agree on Wensink.  While the stache, fro-dome and antics were second to none, his W-L had to be well below .500.  Btw, I've got Lucic at 31-5-5 overall (including preseason fights).  Too much time on my hands last night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best Bruins brawlers? : I'll give you Dimaio.  I'll also give you Quintal.  I didn't think of him.  If he had a nasty streak, he could have been a legit top 10.  Huscroft........not too successful.  Glad you agree on Wensink.  While the stache, fro-dome and antics were second to none, his W-L had to be well below .500.  Btw, I've got Lucic at 31-5-5 overall (including preseason fights).  Too much time on my hands last night.
    Posted by CamOJonasink[/QUOTE]

Impressive- Keith Crowder's record reversed - lol. Never could figure why he fought so much ...

Ya, Hus's run was short-lived once Odelein got him in the playoffs that year....

Wensink's opponents' list reads like a who's who of nobodies - Dave Logan, Bennett Wolf, Bob Lorimer, Giblet Lupien etc .... He had a good 'fro battle" with Dave Hoyda of Philly back in the day, tho.    

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WashintonPatsFan. Show WashintonPatsFan's posts

[QUOTE]Terry O'Reilly, Stan Jonathan, Wensink, Cashman, Neely, and Lyndon Byers...in that order.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WashintonPatsFan. Show WashintonPatsFan's posts

Terry O, Stan J, Wensink, none better. Top three. period  Next tier. Cam, LB, Cashman and Thorton in that order.  Love them all!!!

Sections
Shortcuts