Best Bruins brawlers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Re: Best Bruins brawlers?

Jaime Huscroft, L.B, Taz, Jay Miller, P.J Stock pound for pound the toughest imo

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Best Bruins brawlers?:
    [QUOTE]Jaime Huscroft, L.B, Taz, Jay Miller, P.J Stock pound for pound the toughest imo
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]
    Are u old enough to have seen Jonathan? The ONLY one that I've seen that I would put in SJ's category? Tie Dummy! Don't get me wrong Stock was great, but
    He was a rabbit puncher & didn't have a lot of power behind them. Jonathan actually knocked guys out in a lot of bouts! This is one of my favorites.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjOA_ieIDYQ

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best Bruins brawlers? : Are u old enough to have seen Jonathan? The ONLY one that I've seen that I would put in SJ's category? Tie Dummy! Don't get me wrong Stock was great, but He was a rabbit puncher & didn't have a lot of power behind them. Jonathan actually knocked guys out in a lot of bouts! This is one of my favorites. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjOA_ieIDYQ
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ8wY7R_GIA&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fv5uSKjvt8&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi4Al-ij7tU&feature=related

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best Bruins brawlers? : Are u old enough to have seen Jonathan? The ONLY one that I've seen that I would put in SJ's category? Tie Dummy! Don't get me wrong Stock was great, but He was a rabbit puncher & didn't have a lot of power behind them. Jonathan actually knocked guys out in a lot of bouts! This is one of my favorites. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjOA_ieIDYQ
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

No never saw him play only highlights and he did look like one tough s o b

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Is there anyone out there who knows for sure if Jonathan was ambridexrious? I heard he was & when I asked Gerry Cheevers if he was. Cheevers said..."I don't know, but the way he fought sometimes he looked quadridexrious!!" Cheesy is one of the funniest guys I ever met. I also asked him if there were any fights in practice between an O'Reilly & Jonathan. He said. " There was some pushing & shoving, but if some1 got mad at somebody on the team. They'd just save it for the game & take it out on the opposition. Besides before anybody would be able to fight a teammate they'd have to fight Grapes first! He loved us all & he wouldn't allow the "family" to fight each other."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

Good one, Nite. Cheesy was dynomite with the quips.

I think Taz ( while coach ) and Miller had that dust up in practise, though, that led to Miller's exodus....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

My top ten are:

Orielly Cashman Jonathan Wensink Secord Miller Byers Lucic Thornton and the Brawling coach Cherry.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toppazini. Show toppazini's posts

For some unforgivable reason I forgot to list Cashman.  Like Green, he was lefthanded and seemed to land 2 or 3 lefts before the other combatant remembered it.  Just ask Noel Picard.  He sat him down on the back of the net in the 70 finals.  Took the fight right out of him.  There's going to be some awful tough characters left out due to having so many to choose from.  My dad told me Milt Schmidt didn't have to take a back seat to anyone and his battles with Black Jack Stewart were legendary.  Ah, old time hockey.  Toe Lake.  Eddie Shore.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

O'Rielly -- Never called in sick on Flyer game nights

Jonathan -- The smoking he put on Bouchard was second to none and the one punch caving of Billy Smith's goalie mask with his glove on was a classic.

Stock -- until Rob Ray broke his face

Wensink -- Until Nystrom beat him up pretty good

Chara -- Just ask David Koci and a few others

Secord -- See Wensink only substitute Gillies for Nystrom

Milbury -- Oh -- sorry -- My bad -- Fans don't count

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toppazini. Show toppazini's posts

[QUOTE]For some unforgivable reason I forgot to list Cashman.  Like Green, he was lefthanded and seemed to land 2 or 3 lefts before the other combatant remembered it.  Just ask Noel Picard.  He sat him down on the back of the net in the 70 finals.  Took the fight right out of him.  There's going to be some awful tough characters left out due to having so many to choose from.  My dad told me Milt Schmidt didn't have to take a back seat to anyone and his battles with Black Jack Stewart were legendary.  Ah, old time hockey.  Toe Lake.  Eddie Shore.
    Posted by toppazini[/QUOTE] Let's make that Toe Blake.  I just got a look at that.  That's 2 unforgivables.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best Bruins brawlers? : Let's make that Toe Blake.  I just got a look at that.  That's 2 unforgivables.
    Posted by toppazini[/QUOTE]
    In your defense, I've heard Toe Lake is a terrific swimming hole.Wink

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toppazini. Show toppazini's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best Bruins brawlers? : In your defense, I've heard Toe Lake is a terrific swimming hole.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
     I hope I can take spelling lessons on it's Shore someday.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tohowoody. Show tohowoody's posts

HERE HERE FOR TED GREEN

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

[QUOTE]O'Rielly -- Never called in sick on Flyer game nights Jonathan -- The smoking he put on Bouchard was second to none and the one punch caving of Billy Smith's goalie mask with his glove on was a classic. Stock -- until Rob Ray broke his face Wensink -- Until Nystrom beat him up pretty good Chara -- Just ask David Koci and a few others Secord -- See Wensink only substitute Gillies for Nystrom Milbury -- Oh -- sorry -- My bad -- Fans don't count
    Posted by zamboni24[/QUOTE]

I think Wensink got bonus points for that 'fro and his overall menacing looked.

I loved the 70s lunchpail A.C. Bruins, esp. when they had Secord briefly before they dismantled, but Wensink didn't tangle with too many super heavies like Gillies, Schultz, Robinson.... He did take a dec'n from a rookie Behn Wilson, which was a nice tilt, but many of his battles were with light heavies. As noted, the Nystrom bout was a bad beatdown....

Even the whole Minny thing involved him pinning down Alex Pirus, a first rounder who was not a fighter at all, while they had no one in the lineup that night ..... Still, loved that he was part of that era...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcfletcher. Show pcfletcher's posts

[QUOTE]Stan Jonathan, Rick Middleton (nifty with an edge), Cam Neely and Jay Miller, in no particular order.
    Posted by MrVmax[/QUOTE]

Middleton? What are you talking about? Check his stats- he might have had 1 fight his entire career, and I doubt that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradyfan1972. Show Bradyfan1972's posts

[QUOTE]Stan Jonathan, Rick Middleton (nifty with an edge), Cam Neely and Jay Miller, in no particular order.
    Posted by MrVmax[/QUOTE]

Rick Middleton? Get off the crack pipe, simp. Your posting privaleges have been revoked! Did you attempt to compile a list of favorite Bruins brawlers without Terry O'Reilley? Go back to the kiddie table. The grown-ups are talking!

Terry O'Reilley, Stan Jonathan, Jay Miller, Cam Neely, Milan Lucic, Lyndon Byers, Ken Belanger, Johnny Wensink, ShawnThornton, Wayne Cashman, P.J.Stock, Adam McQuaid, Derek Sanderson, Zdeno Chara, Gord Kluzak, and Bruce Shoebottom.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanaBambino. Show DanaBambino's posts

Posted by MrVmax[/QUOTE]
    Can't recall Rick ever dropping the gloves!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanaBambino. Show DanaBambino's posts

Jonathan
    O'Reilly
    Neely
    Shore
    Cashman
    Wensink
    Byers
    Miller
    Green
    Orr
    P J
    Thornton
    Sanderson
    Mallette
    Shoebottom
    Baumgardner
    Secord

In no particular order! Love them all

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

Weinsink, Jonathan, O'Reilly, Miller, and Gordie Kluzak.  There was the time, too, early in his career, when Ray Bourque dropped his gloves and beat the pants off of someone, throwing with both hands.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best Bruins brawlers? : Can't recall Rick ever dropping the gloves!
    Posted by DanaBambino[/QUOTE]

Right, he didn't win the Lady Ba-Da-BING award!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjns17. Show mjns17's posts

Like this list, some of the greatest players too.

[QUOTE]Jonathan O'Reilly Neely Shore Cashman Wensink Byers Miller Green Orr P J Thornton Sanderson Mallette Shoebottom Baumgardner Secord In no particular order! Love them all
    Posted by DanaBambino[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Help me out Bruin fans.  I recall the early 70's Bruin team who were as tough as anyone and Pie-face Mackenzie.

I remember him as being really gritty but I can't remember if he was a good scapper?  Any old-timers remember?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]Help me out Bruin fans.  I recall the early 70's Bruin team who were as tough as anyone and Pie-face Mackenzie. I remember him as being really gritty but I can't remember if he was a good scapper?  Any old-timers remember?
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]

I meant 'scrapper' not 'scapper'......sorry NAS

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Here's an eventual fan favorite in Boston. Camara is a tough one.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/105917