Best Bruins on the ice last night : Dougie Hamilton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Best Bruins on the ice last night : Dougie Hamilton

An excellent game from Dougie last night..wow a few good moves on offence...great shot on Marchand's goal I really tought Hamilton had the goal...good checks ..for such a young kid at such an important position I have to sau he impressed me...lets hope he continues improving and become a real thread in the NHL

Thanks to Mr Burke for that trade ...Kessel for Tyler Seguin and Dougie Hamilton WOW..  No wonder Burke lost his job....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Best Bruins on the ice last night : Dougie Hamilton

Kessel has been an all star you realize.  It's definitely in our favor.  he's so smug and not likeable. Very good trade but he has put up excellent numbers.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Hamilton has suprised with his NHL level play. Watching Gaborik blow by Ference shows that the Bruins could use another Hamilton

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

For the most part Dougie was very good, especially on the PP, but he was way out of position on Gaborik's second goal.  Boychuk had a pretty decent night, but he is always the last person anyone ever talks about.  Probably the most under-rated player on the team in my opinion.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Hamilton has suprised with his NHL level play. Watching Gaborik blow by Ference shows that the Bruins could use another Hamilton

He blew by him only because Ference was standing still at the blue line playing the puck.  It hopped over his stick and Gaborik was if full stride the other way.  Unfair criticism.  Bad Break.  Nothing else. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

For the most part Dougie was very good, especially on the PP, but he was way out of position on Gaborik's second goal.  Boychuk had a pretty decent night, but he is always the last person anyone ever talks about.  Probably the most under-rated player on the team in my opinion.  

Ya, he sure did go for a skate there.   That is exactly the kind of mistake a young defensman will make.

Interesting, in many quotes from Julien, he's talked about keeping Hamilton confident.  His prior reputation for keeping a tight control and limiting icetime for rookies seems to be out the window with Hamilton.  Big minutes, key situations.  There seems to be little bubble wrapping here.  I wonder, is it the position or the player?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

As good as Hamilton was last night, I thought Tuuka was the best Bruin. Deserved a better fate.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

This is my first time seeing Hamilton.  Very impressive.  His skating ability is what impresses me most.  The sky is the limit with this kid.  I'm excited. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Bad break night, I thought, and especially for Tuukka.  If Gaborik doesn't pop the bottle on the first goal, I think Rask was in position to bail out Chara.  Gaborik's other two goals were double taps off of unusual rebounds.  Only the Pyatt goal that made me think jeez, they need better rebound control and better work clearing rebounds by the D or we might be watching a lot of teams relying on shoot-and-crash the net.  Well, even more than usual.

The D wasn't especially good last night, and I actually thought Boychuk had a sub-par night.  Every last blueliner did from what I saw.  Overskating the puck in dangerous areas, board work that wasn't controlled enough to direct the puck to another Bruin and wasn't hard enough to ring the puck out past the points, misplaying the puck, getting out of position.  Hamilton too - in particular when he went looking for a big hit and the Rangers ended up with an odd-man situation (should we just refer to that as a BadHab?  Or a Stanley?).  Hamilton was lucky that nothing came of it, but he also looked lost trying to recover.  He seemed like he had blinders on and bolted to the near post with his back to the play.  That said, I'm impressed at what he's done so far.  Little things always impress me, like the zip he puts on his passes.  And frankly, I thought Marchand's goal was the result of a half-slap pass, not a tipped shot, which is great accuracy by the kid.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

i don't think you could be any more of point. Boychuk is the most over rated player on the team. Frequently out of position. Throws the puck all over the place blind. He can hit, he can shoot, he can manage to not fall over too frequently when he's out there with Chara. He's nothing special...

Hamilton is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I think Rask, Hamilton & Lucic were the best Bruin & Thornton was the worse. He doesn't do it often, but he caused that 3rd goal. Terrible give away by him. Those of you who are blaming Ference for the GWG is blind. It was a bouncing puck & the NOBOBY in the league is catching Gabby when he's got straight away speed & the other player is turned around. There's few in the league that could catch him going in the same direction as it is. His 3 assests are his speed, shot & hand eye & there's few in the league that can match those 3. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

^Mhm. Lucic has easily been the best forward so far. It's kinda funny because before the season there was talk about him being out of shape, and how he didn't play hockey during the lockout. Hope he keeps it up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I think Rask, Hamilton & Lucic were the best Bruin & Thornton was the worse. He doesn't do it often, but he caused that 3rd goal. Terrible give away by him. Those of you who are blaming Ference for the GWG is blind. It was a bouncing puck & the NOBOBY in the league is catching Gabby when he's got straight away speed & the other player is turned around. There's few in the league that could catch him going in the same direction as it is. His 3 assests are his speed, shot & hand eye & there's few in the league that can match those 3. 

and the 4th line was also on the ice on a goal in the 1st . Not their best performance although Campbell and Paille made up for it on great PKs.

Hamilton did play well ,  best player ?  maybe if he wasn't part of the Rangers 2nd goal.  He took the wrong guy in front.  I like him the PP , not sure why they don;t have him start all the time on the PP and/or put him with Chara.  Maybe he can get Chara out of his funk on the PP. Two guys like that and defenders won't be able to matchup on the point guys.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

An excellent game from Dougie last night..wow a few good moves on offence...great shot on Marchand's goal I really tought Hamilton had the goal...good checks ..for such a young kid at such an important position I have to sau he impressed me...lets hope he continues improving and become a real thread in the NHL

Thanks to Mr Burke for that trade ...Kessel for Tyler Seguin and Dougie Hamilton WOW..  No wonder Burke lost his job....

Doug " The Icedog " Hamilton is playing like a rookie good plays with mistakes.

Already mention Boychuk all three games been the best d man. Paille been playing great also along with Campbell. Ference was playing follow the bouncing puck, not his problem blame it on the ice surface, (gaborik has the bruins number).  Aaron Johnson is doing a good job filling in for Sieds. In conclusion Bruins with 5 out of 6 points in 3 gms. is OK in my books.

The NYI has back to back gms. with Leafs and Bruins. Just like our Bruins the Islanders has a 100% PK.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

As good as Hamilton was last night, I thought Tuuka was the best Bruin. Deserved a better fate.

Yes!

Sections
Shortcuts