Best effort of the year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: Best effort of the year

Told you guys

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

Tuuka played well?  I guess, if you don't count that ridiculous soft backhand goal...and lets not get carried away here, the Bruins played a good third period. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

For long stretches, it seemed like this team had a very hard time gaining the zone... they couldn't even carry the puck in, they would stick handle out too far and hand the puck over crossing the blue line. I don't think they gave the best effort of the season... but I was happy to see they didn't give up as it looked like they might after that second goal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In Response to Re: Best effort of the year:
    [QUOTE]Told you guys Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]
    LOL STAN
    I actually was looking for faults to the game before the Bs put in there 1st goal, couldnt find  one serious enuf to whine. Fleury was the only difference to that point.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The B's played like cr-- for the first 40 minutes, no energy, no offense, not much of anything...listless at times, poor passes, no imagination on the PP. They played much better in the 3rd period, but really get determined until the final 8 minutes. The team played 8 minutes of inspired hockey and it turned into 4 goals in the final four minutes. Not even close to their "best effort of the year" and they even had as good a comeback at the same building EARLIER THIS YEAR......It was an amazing comeback from the dead. Which gets back to my feeling that the team still needs to play 60 minutes of hockey to be consistent.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

Until the last two powerplays, the PP was looking AWFUL.  Let's hope this will give them a bit of a boost.  I was actually dreading when they would go on the PP.  They seem to get much better chances short handed.  Unreal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]Tuuka played well?  I guess, if you don't count that ridiculous soft backhand goal...and lets not get carried away here, the Bruins played a good third period. 
    Posted by Jake1977[/QUOTE]

He played extremely well, mostly in the first 1/2. He gave up a bad goal.

Geez, your Binky TT gives up a stinker or 2 a game and he's still your hero.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Soxfan, you are such a hypocrite it is almost humorous.  If Thomas had given up that horrible Rupp goal you would have been calling for his head on a platter.

If anyone wants to kid themselves that this was the team's best effort of the year, have fun with that.  I don't get off on squashing people's happiness.  That said, if it was the Bruins best effort of the year it is amazing that they aren't battling the Toronto for fifth place in the division.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]For long stretches, it seemed like this team had a very hard time gaining the zone... they couldn't even carry the puck in, they would stick handle out too far and hand the puck over crossing the blue line. I don't think they gave the best effort of the season... but I was happy to see they didn't give up as it looked like they might after that second goal.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

Pittsburgh is a pretty good defensive team.  Fleury hadn't allowed more than two goals in a bunch of games (can't remember the number they said on the broadcast, 15 or something?).  There were times the B's were getting chances on him though, nice to see they finally got rewarded for that effort. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

didn't think the b's played that bad in the first 2.  the law of averages is catching up.  they can't rely on the goalie to win every nite.  decent road game despite the score.
    stanley.....shut up

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best effort of the year : He played extremely well, mostly in the first 1/2. He gave up a bad goal. Geez, your Binky TT gives up a stinker or 2 a game and he's still your hero.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

I doubt that considering his GAA is below 2.00.  Unless you're saying the only goals he lets in are stinkers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

point taken sandog.  perhaps i'm a little touchy lately.  like to think i'm quite respectful of peoples opinions, however, i'm terrible with carnival barkers, sooth sayers, self proclaimed geniouses, those who feel it's their god given right to spew endless, mindless drivel, and those who will never admit a flawed opinion.

Please accept my apology.  You too Stan. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

Calm down.  I actually thought we played pretty weak for stretches, trying not to lose, instead of trying to win.  We played a great 3rd period, and score on the PP, which we have been lacking...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

If they could only play the rest of the year like they did those last 5 minutes. This would be a very good team. Marchand and Bergeron looked pretty good out there.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

I love the reaction of that girl (Pitt fan) behing the Boston bench after Reechi's goal.  You can see it on the nhl.com highlights for the game at 4:30 in.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

Yea, Marchand and Bergeron did look good together. Build your forward corps from this fertile ground up, I say.
    It is very important that the Bruins get Lucic going. An inspired and engaged Lucic is vital to the Bruins success
    Get Lucic with Marchand and Bergeron and out of the Death Valley of the 'middle six' that, presently, is; Marc Savard, Nathan Horton, David Krejci, Blake Wheeler, Michael Ryder, Tyler Seguin.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

It was a pretty even game though the first 40 min (then I went to bed), even though the score was 2-0.   There were scoring chances on both ends of the ice, and if the new guy Barkowski hadn't gotten his legs crossed up, that shot by Rupp for first goal may never have been fired.     Rasked covered the bottom of the net and the pass in front, Rupp made a good shot high... those things happen.

The Letang goal was a great one timer from the point.   Hard and accurate on a pass not a lot of people would have gotten good wood behind.   I never realized Letang was able to grow into a strong offensive defenseman with those types of weapons.   Good for him.

The only thing I didn't like from the Bruins was the PP where Ryder (whom I'm usually happy with) seemed to be standing still in the high slot.   I don't know if that is the 'system' Julien wants on that PP, but it doesn't seem to be effective to me.

The Bruins are now 9 points out of first overall with 0 - 3 games in hand on everyone in front of them.    I'm happy with that.   There is no reason why a strong second half won't land us with home ice advantage in the first round of the playoffs this year

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

See, what I take from this game is...skrew playing 60 minutes!  The real problem is playing a 40 min. game then gassing out in the third.  Instead, roll with your bad self and do just enough not to get run out of the building for the first two periods, then come on like something out of Wagner for the final 20.  I'm telling you, this is the key to Stanley's three in three years prediction coming true.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I clearly would not think this was the B's best game of the year....MOST EXCITING, YES! I thought the B's played well......BUT what if they didnt come back and win, THINK ABOUT IT....There would be threads started about how bad they were....How they have no fight in them........I for one am glad they came back and won, but had those goals not gone in....It still would have been the same game played, just not for the 4 goals they put up.... Im not trying to take away from the win or anything, Im just stating a point...The point that if they had not come back, it would have been the worst game played and the B's lack fight....

Those are the threads that would be up here....

GO B's

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

[QUOTE]I clearly would not think this was the B's best game of the year....MOST EXCITING, YES! I thought the B's played well......BUT what if they didnt come back and win, THINK ABOUT IT....There would be threads started about how bad they were....How they have no fight in them........I for one am glad they came back and won, but had those goals not gone in....It still would have been the same game played, just not for the 4 goals they put up.... Im not trying to take away from the win or anything, Im just stating a point...The point that if they had not come back, it would have been the worst game played and the B's lack fight.... Those are the threads that would be up here.... GO B's
    Posted by bgrif008[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%.   Many of the posters on here are like that.   Then again, so are sports reporters, journalists...etc.   At the end of the day it's wins and losses that count.   If in the Montreal game the Bruins didn't give up that flukey boucing goal and had won the game, the posts relating to that game would have been vastly different as well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

homebrew,
    I agree, fairly even game the bruins had chances and were losing.. the difference is the came out and played the third with some desperation, saturday night they came out playing not to lose and shut down everything else..

not there best game of the year, but a good game, and had they lost, it would have been one of those games you can well they played well and got beat by a hot goalie (thomas has done that to enough teams this year)..

That being said, thats what you want to see in a loss..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

best effort of the year??? they were horrible in the first. glad to see pp finally got going late in the 3rd.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Yea, Marchand and Bergeron did look good together. Build your forward corps from this fertile ground up, I say. It is very important that the Bruins get Lucic going. An inspired and engaged Lucic is vital to the Bruins success Get Lucic with Marchand and Bergeron and out of the Death Valley of the 'middle six' that, presently, is; Marc Savard, Nathan Horton, David Krejci, Blake Wheeler, Michael Ryder, Tyler Seguin.
    Posted by Awry[/QUOTE]

Completely agree with teh  Marchand-Bergeron-Lucic line. Talk about energy skill speed and grit.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]best effort of the year??? they were horrible in the first. glad to see pp finally got going late in the 3rd.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

Best effort for 4mins of playtime at any point this year maybe?

Sections
Shortcuts