Best Game of the Season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Best Game of the Season

Saturday the Bruins routed Philly on the road 6-1 and they were dominant in all phases of the game. Great offense with long periods of the game controlling the puck in the Flyers' end. Superb forechecking, excellent back checking, lots of hustle, solid goal tending and defense, very few turnovers, terrific passing and a wonderful 60 minute effort. Plus no dumb penalties! Granted Philly isn't the NHL's best but to me this was the Bruins at their season's best.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Best Game of the Season

In response to trouts' comment:

Saturday the Bruins routed Philly on the road 6-1 and they were dominant in all phases of the game. Great offense with long periods of the game controlling the puck in the Flyers' end. Superb forechecking, excellent back checking, lots of hustle, solid goal tending and defense, very few turnovers, terrific passing and a wonderful 60 minute effort. Plus no dumb penalties! Granted Philly isn't the NHL's best but to me this was the Bruin's at their season's best.

Trouts i think the chicago game was last week.  I thought they played awesome even in the loss.  The Bruins have Phillys number.  But i wanted to see how they play against the big boys. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Saturday the Bruins routed Philly on the road 6-1 and they were dominant in all phases of the game. Great offense with long periods of the game controlling the puck in the Flyers' end. Superb forechecking, excellent back checking, lots of hustle, solid goal tending and defense, very few turnovers, terrific passing and a wonderful 60 minute effort. Plus no dumb penalties! Granted Philly isn't the NHL's best but to me this was the Bruin's at their season's best.

Trouts i think the chicago game was last week.  I thought they played awesome even in the loss.  The Bruins have Phillys number.  But i wanted to see how they play against the big boys. 

They did play well in the Chicago game and the Blackhawks are clearly a better team than Philly. But I just was so impressed by the effort Saturday--- the sharp passing all game, especially in the offensive zone which created a ton of scoring opportunities. Either way those 2 efforts appear to signal a team poised to make a late season run.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

They did play well in the Chicago game and the Blackhawks are clearly a better team than Philly. But I just was so impressed by the effort Saturday--- the sharp passing all game, especially in the offensive zone which created a ton of scoring opportunities. Either way those 2 efforts appear to signal a team poised to make a late season run.

I agree, i think battling for first is an indication as well.  Bruins will upgrade as well.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Funny in that I thought the Boston game in Anaheim was the Bs best despite the loss and minus the second period.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

Funny in that I thought the Boston game in Anaheim was the Bs best despite the loss and minus the second period.  

Me as well, the B's in the first period of that game were dynamite,just couldn't bury the puck.They were all over the Ducks and easily could have had a 4 goal lead going into the second but, woulda,coulda,shoulda.Hiller was great and really won that game for Anaheim.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I tend to agree with Trouts here, 60 minute effort and didnt change the gameplan once thye got a lead. A couple of nice saves by Rask and terrific play in all 3 zones.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Philly looked absolutely disinterested to me.  I think about 25 teams would've run over them yesterday.

Not downplaying the win....just sayin.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

and dominant in the face-off circle. Did you see Vinny was like 3 of 18? Glad he bypassed Boston and went to Philly. Their kind of past-their-prime player.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to 49thparallel's comment:

and dominant in the face-off circle. Did you see Vinny was like 3 of 18? Glad he bypassed Boston and went to Philly. Their kind of past-their-prime player.

Some here were saying this about Iggy...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I agree, i think battling for first is an indication as well.  Bruins will upgrade as well.  

Hard decisions to make on D... very interested to see how PC handles this. Also think our 3rd line might see a change.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

The Anaheim game impressed me, warts and all. They proved they can compete with anyone that night.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

The Anaheim game impressed me, warts and all. They proved they can compete with anyone that night.

I loved the Chicago game & thought it was the best game of hockey I watched all season. There hasn't been a game this season where the B's played against the top 6 in the West & didn't show they couldn't compete against them. So, I'm not afraid of anybody right now. To be quite frank I think if anything the teams in the West have more of a reason to be afraid of the Bruins. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

Philly looked absolutely disinterested to me.  I think about 25 teams would've run over them yesterday.

Not downplaying the win....

+1

PS. Even Iggy scored

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Not downplaying the win....

+1

PS. Even Iggy scored

Twice! :-D

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

In response to 49thparallel's comment:

Some here were saying this about Iggy...

Actually, he is past his prime.

But that's not what I've been seeing. "El Busto", I believe is the chosen words.........and from one not some. 

This cranky old crapsniper disagrees if that's okay with the Gods of BDC. 

I'm thinking he has filled that first line RW spot quite nicely with the departure of Horton.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I didnt see the game but some highlights, looked good except i read in the box score they were out hit by a large margin.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

I agree..Good win but i did not think Philly put up much of a fight

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to fishfinger's comment:

I agree..Good win but i did not think Philly put up much of a fight

Right, but the Bruins can't help that. They had a team their played like it wanted to be beat, and the Bruins did just that. They win 6-1, play a great game and we still get the yeah but..replies. I say terrific road win, they deserved the victory, hopefully it carries over.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I agree, but as they say,good teams should make bad teams look bad.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

I didnt see the game but some highlights, looked good except i read in the box score they were out hit by a large margin.

If the team has good puck possession numbers, the opponent will generally have more hits because of a lot more opportunities to make them.

Sections
Shortcuts