Best Goalie Performance Ever In The Finals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Best Goalie Performance Ever In The Finals

Nope not Loungo.
    TT may go down as having the best goalie performance ever in the finals.  Simply amazing!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

Re: Best Goalie Performance Ever In The Finals

He's been great for sure but the ultimate challenge will come in game 7.I think [hope] he rises to the occasion .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

the puck looks like a beachball to Double T....

to Luongo it looks like a pea....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Start Tuuka!!!! Thomas is flopping all over the place out there. He's old. He plays reckless. He can't be relied on. Oh wait, that was the type of regular season forum chat I had to deal with from fans who just don't get how good this guy really is. I'll say it--best goalie performance by a B's goalie in the playoffs...ever. Save for Pete Peeters, the greatest reg. season by a B's goalie ever.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: Best Goalie Performance Ever In The Finals:
    Start Tuuka!!!! Thomas is flopping all over the place out there. He's old. He plays reckless. He can't be relied on. Oh wait, that was the type of regular season forum chat I had to deal with from fans who just don't get how good this guy really is. I'll say it--best goalie performance by a B's goalie in the playoffs...ever. Save for Pete Peeters, the greatest reg. season by a B's goalie ever.
    Posted by dannycater

regular season??  lucaooo and soxfaninil said it throughout the 1st 3 rounds of the playoffs as well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I doubted Thomas in the post season going in but all he has done is show me (win or lose game 7) he is the best bruins goalie in my lifetime i am only 28.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

lucic, i respect your most recent post.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: Best Goalie Performance Ever In The Finals : regular season??  lucaooo and soxfaninil said it throughout the 1st 3 rounds of the playoffs as well.
    Posted by goodnewsbears

I didn't say any of those things throughout the first 3 rounds.  I criticized his propensity to give up soft goals. Please don't pretend that didn't happen.  Please dont act like he's been perfect.

All that said, he has been positively stunning in this Final, and has without a doubt earned my respect.  I may have not been a fan of his, but one thing for sure his performance in this Final and the overall performance taking his team to the Finals has caused me to retire my ongoing attitude against the guy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Re: Best Goalie Performance Ever In The Finals : regular season??  lucaooo and soxfaninil said it throughout the 1st 3 rounds of the playoffs as well.
    Posted by goodnewsbears

Re: timmy thomas for vezina and con smyth

posted at 5/20/2011 6:04 PM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=bbb104d9a3865d8c2319c77d491407c6&plckUserId=bbb104d9a3865d8c2319c77d491407c6">
    First: 10/3/2009
    Last: 6/13/2011
    None of those 2!! No MVP and NO Conny smythe!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from deangee. Show deangee's posts

Tim Thomas has played absolutely spectacular....I take back anything i have ever doubted or said about Thomas.  I was a Rask supporter the last two years but Tim Thomas has made me a believer; win or lose.    I have seen saves by him that have left me speechless.   One more to go Tim  !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

His goaltending this finals is right up there with Dryden, Bernie Parent, and Billy Smith!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

How can anyone not like this guy? His parents sold their wedding rings to put him in goalie school. He had to go play in Europe because no one would give him an NHL job.

WE LOVE YOU TT!!!!!!!!!!!

Get 'er done, boys!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

If he wins tomorrow, I give it five years until Disney makes a movie about him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

red, he is a great movie in the making. What a journey.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoBruins02169. Show GoBruins02169's posts

I may have not been a fan of his, but one thing for sure his performance in this Final and the overall performance taking his team to the Finals has caused me to retire my ongoing attitude against the guy.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

SoxFan ...  Kudos on you for being a man.    Takes Cojones to write what you did and you have earned a LOT of people's respect for this.

I'm a self-confessed Tim Thomas Fandboy, never owned anyone's paraphernalia, but I have a Bruins Thomas jersey that I have had for 3 seasons now. 

He lets in maddeningly soft goals sometimes, I'll admit it.  On the flipside, his style, never quit attitude, and jaw-dropping saves are one thing. Add to it his absolute classiness when dealing with the media, or the public, infinite patience, incredibly thoughtful answers in post game interiews as well as the long, winding road he took to get to game 7 make him a no-brainer to be a media favorite.

As far as I'm concerned, if he doesn't win the Vezina, it's a travesti.  don't know about the conn-smythe, though.  Bergie has been stellar (quiet, but stellar) throughout.

and yes, I agree with the original post.  This may well be The Best Goalie Performance Ever In The Finals!

How would we like to see him pitch a shutout to seal his legend?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

zach galifanackis plays his role

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

I like Jack Black for the role of TIMMAAAY

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Timmy's much better than Peeters. Peeters had numerous technical flaws to his game that opponents figured out later on. Timmay gets harder to score on every year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Best Goalie Performance Ever In The Finals : I didn't say any of those things throughout the first 3 rounds.  I criticized his propensity to give up soft goals. Please don't pretend that didn't happen.  Please dont act like he's been perfect. All that said, he has been positively stunning in this Final, and has without a doubt earned my respect.  I may have not been a fan of his, but one thing for sure his performance in this Final and the overall performance taking his team to the Finals has caused me to retire my ongoing attitude against the guy.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

SoxFan,

I think even the biggest TT supporters would say he has to prove it in the playoffs.  For me he has done that.  He has been outstanding.  Most saves in a final with a game to go.  His GAA has been out of this world.  Win or lose he has the MVP wrapped up already. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

a shutout in game 7 would cement the argument, who here is willing to bet against it? not this guy. his teammates will give him plenty of support wednesday, that will be the difference! GO BRUINS!!!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Soxfan, got yr back. You've praised TT's performance so far in post season and been stand up about it. and it takes a man to admit it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

adk, I don't think any sane person would bet aganst Thomas right now.

It's weird, but if he wins tomorrow, that means the slighted kid from Flint will most likely have two Vezinas, a Conn Smythe, and a Cup at the end of the season, to go along with a whole whack of NHL records.

At the beginning of the season a bunch of people here were doubting that he should even play for this team, and now 9 months later I have to sit and wonder whether or not he has a shot at making it into the Hockey Hall of Fame. Seriously.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Yeah, Im right there with the REAL Thomas supporters.  Been going to bat for him all year long with the bunch of completely ignorant, Thomas hating trolls that have polluted this site.  Its nice to see Thomas still going strong after all the crap he has taken in his personal, professional career and on these boards.  Its REALLY NICE to be able to come here and not have to read and respond to the bullsh*t thats plagued this site all year long.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Yeah, Im right there with the REAL Thomas supporters.  Been going to bat for him all year long with the bunch of completely ignorant, Thomas hating trolls that have polluted this site.  Its nice to see Thomas still going strong after all the crap he has taken in his personal, professional career and on these boards.  Its REALLY NICE to be able to come here and not have to read and respond to the bullsh*t thats plagued this site all year long.
    Posted by bigvig

I think its ok to be critical of a guy from time to time.  But I agree, the haters are just that.  Even when Rask was playing last year I thought they should have played TT in game 5 against Philly. 

He has just cemented his name with the all time greats with this performance

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Definetly one of the greatest post season runs by a goaltender..Only comparison to me would be Patrick Roy in 93 when they won 10 overtime games in route to a Stanley Cup..10 overtime wins tells me your team had trouble scoring.

Back to Timmy, this may be one of the greatest SEASONS by a goaltender in history..Set the record for highest save percentage in a season and now has allowed 8 goals, EIGHT goals in the SCF to the team with the best record in the NHL..What more can one do? Some will point to team defense, and CJ's system, good for you but those trapping Devils played in the clutch and grab era when games were routinely 2-1 scores, and TT's numbers still stand alone.

Sections
Shortcuts