Re: Best goaltenders ever??

Glenn Hall?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Speaking of which, Book, which Bruins' "goalie givaway" galls you more?  Parent or Dryden?

[/QUOTE]

Ranford.  Like the other two, he did come back to haunt the Bruins in a Cup finals.

Nah, I think it's Parent.  I think he was a better goaltender, if not for as long as you might want.  Dryden on the 70s Bruins just seems like an odd fit personality-wise. 

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Ranford definitely came back to haunt them. He stole that cup from the Bruins in 1990. Might be the best goaltending performance I've ever seen in a Stanley Cup final.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Speaking of which, Book, which Bruins' "goalie givaway" galls you more?  Parent or Dryden?

[/QUOTE]

Ranford.  Like the other two, he did come back to haunt the Bruins in a Cup finals.

Nah, I think it's Parent.  I think he was a better goaltender, if not for as long as you might want.  Dryden on the 70s Bruins just seems like an odd fit personality-wise. 

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Ranford definitely came back to haunt them. He stole that cup from the Bruins in 1990. Might be the best goaltending performance I've ever seen in a Stanley Cup final.

[/QUOTE]

The 1st 10 minutes of game one in 90' was a sure telltale sign of what was going to happen. Ranford stood on his head, rolled over & stood on it again. All Moog had to do was play well as he did in the 3rd period of game 3. And it would've been a much better & closer series. Loved Andy Moog for his heroics that he pulled against the Canadien's. But those dam 5 hole along the ice, or that stupid Klima goal he allowed were killers!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The 1st 10 minutes of game one in 90' was a sure telltale sign of what was going to happen. Ranford stood on his head, rolled over & stood on it again. All Moog had to do was play well as he did in the 3rd period of game 3. And it would've been a much better & closer series. Loved Andy Moog for his heroics that he pulled against the Canadien's. But those dam 5 hole along the ice, or that stupid Klima goal he allowed were killers!

[/QUOTE]

As I read that all I could think of was Brian Bellows OT goal on Byron Dafoe.

I remember Klima played very little that game as well, then ends up winning it on a softy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

I always wondered how a Dan Bouchard would've been as Bruin. He played amazing in front a bad Atlanta team for a few yrs. But, I agree with book, I think Parent was the better goalie & as much as I would've liked to have seen Dryden a Bruin to see if he was really that great, or did the Big 3 have a lot to do with it? I don't think his temperament would've mixed. Bet his book would've had a heck of lot more interesting stories in it though. With Wiensink, O'Reilly & Jonathan on it!  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

As I read that all I could think of was Brian Bellows OT goal on Byron Dafoe.

I remember Klima played very little that game as well, then ends up winning it on a softy.

[/QUOTE]

Your right Kel, remember that final like it was yesterday. If Wesley only would have buried that backhand into the wide open net in the 3rd overtime of game 1 who knows what would have happened. Bruins through everything at Ranford in that series, especially in the first 2 games and came away empty handed. I still think it's the best goaltending I've ever seen in the Stanley Cup Finals.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Best individual games: Ben Scrivens & Ron Tugnutt ; Chris Terreri had one of the best NCAA game performances.

Best Individual Season: Tim Thomas and Dominik Hasek

Most Revolutionary: Tony Esposito, Pete Peeters (over the glass rule), Martin Broder (trapezoid rule), Hasek (style)

Toughest:  Billy Smith, Cheevers, Ron Hextall

Most Overrated: Fuhr, Fleury

Most Underrated: Crawford, Billy Smith, Ranford

Best Career Modern Day:  Roy, Brodeur

Biggest Bruin Killers: Dryden, Steve Penney, Holtby

Luc Dufour was as tough as Nails.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Best individual games: Ben Scrivens & Ron Tugnutt ; Chris Terreri had one of the best NCAA game performances.

Best Individual Season: Tim Thomas and Dominik Hasek

Most Revolutionary: Tony Esposito, Pete Peeters (over the glass rule), Martin Broder (trapezoid rule), Hasek (style)

Toughest:  Billy Smith, Cheevers, Ron Hextall

Best Career Modern Day:  Roy, Brodeur

Biggest Bruin Killers: Dryden, Steve Penney, Holtby

[/QUOTE]

Nice list.

I'll add to it if you don't mind:

1. That Tugnutt game has been on NESN how many times since the game? It was a tie against a really bad team where the opposing goalie stood on his head. Yet I always find myself stopping what I'm doing to watch part of it. Love how Neely went out of his way to tap him on the pads after the game.

2. Most revolutionary: I'll add Patrick Roy with the butterfly. Made playing goalie cool.

3. Most overrated: Fleury was the real deal until a few years ago when the Flyers ripped him up in the playoffs. Hasn't recovered since. Trevor Kidd was a huge flop, and I was never a big Cujo fan.

4. Toughest: Sean Burke gets a mention, Ray Emery can go but how many were surprised at how well Felix Potvin handled himself against Ron Hextall. Dan Clouiter was a nut who beat on Salo then challenged the Rangers bench and Brent Johnson one punched Dipietro.

5. Most underrated: Richter for me.

6. Saw Sean Fields put on a clinic in a loss to UNH for the Hockey East title. He was everywhere.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Luc,didn't you get Fuhr & Crawford mixed up?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You must have been sleeping during last two playoff runs.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You must have been sleeping during last two playoff runs.  

[/QUOTE]

Fuhr's? No i watched him,he was amazing! ;)

Sections
Shortcuts