Best Long-Shots For NHL Awards

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Best Long-Shots For NHL Awards

Grantland ruled out the more notable choices for league awards and tried to pick a long-shot winner from others they feel have a chance - like Marian Gaborik for the Rocket Richard Trophy (as he happens to be in a contract year).

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/75955/who-are-the-best-long-shot-bets-for-nhl-awards

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Best Long-Shots For NHL Awards

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Grantland ruled out the more notable choices for league awards and tried to pick a long-shot winner from others they feel have a chance - like Marian Gaborik for the Rocket Richard Trophy (as he happens to be in a contract year).

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/75955/who-are-the-best-long-shot-bets-for-nhl-awards

RHO, I think that Gaborik would be a great pick for the betting man. He's topped 40 goals in a season 3 times despite the fact that he's only played a full season once in his career. How about Khudobin for the Vezina? Stanley should be laying bets on that one considering he could probably get odds of 500-1 or higher.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Rookie-of-the-year:  Carl Soderberg.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

He's not eligible because he's too old.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

RHO, I think that Gaborik would be a great pick for the betting man. He's topped 40 goals in a season 3 times despite the fact that he's only played a full season once in his career. How about Khudobin for the Vezina? Stanley should be laying bets on that one considering he could probably get odds of 500-1 or higher.

dez, Gaborik knows how to put them in.  It wouldn't be too much of a shock if the upswing in Bluejacket fortunes coincides with him returning to his former goal-scoring form. 

And since we're talking long-shots do you think Iginla has enough left in him to top 40 goals playing on with Krejci and Lucic? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

dez, Gaborik knows how to put them in.  It wouldn't be too much of a shock if the upswing in Bluejacket fortunes coincides with him returning to his former goal-scoring form. 

And since we're talking long-shots do you think Iginla has enough left in him to top 40 goals playing on with Krejci and Lucic? 

I sure do. I look at a player like Selanne and know that it's possible to put up big numbers well into your late 30's-early 40's.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I like that one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Is Krug eligable for the Calder?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Krug, Bartkowski and Smith are all eligible, I believe.  Krug might actually have a shot if he does for the PP what people hope he will.  He could rack the points (to a degree), play on a top team, and have a good defensive system around him to make him well-rounded.

Are you not entertained?!?!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

[QUOTE]

He's not eligible because he's too old.

[/QUOTE]

27 is old? 

The awards have always been rigged.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

What about Ryan Whitney for the Norris? Could happen, eh NAS?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

27 is old? 

The awards have always been rigged.

It's the Makarov rule - you have to be younger than 26. It was brought in to prevent long-term professionals from other leagues from winning the Calder. It was designed precisely for players like Soderberg.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I sure do. I look at a player like Selanne and know that it's possible to put up big numbers well into your late 30's-early 40's.

Perfect example.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Im with you.  I think iggy leads our team in goals.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

What about Ryan Whitney for the Norris? Could happen, eh NAS?

Jack Johnson.  Jason Garrison.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Im with you.  I think iggy leads our team in goals.  

He'll be the beneficiary of some sublime passes from Mr. Krejci.  We've also seen Lucic deliver some deft assists.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Or perhaps the oft-overlooked Dion Phaneuf?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

[QUOTE]

Or perhaps the oft-overlooked Dion Phaneuf?

[/QUOTE]

If P.K Subban was mentioned here last year that would have been laughed at.

Sections
Shortcuts