Best Of 3 For The Cup

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Best Of 3 For The Cup

By no means am I happy with last night's outcome but some of us need a little bit of perspective here. The Bruins find themselves in the enviable position of needing to win just 2 more games to become the champions again. There isn't a player on the other 28 teams that wouldn't trade places with them in a heartbeat. This has been the most exciting Final in years and I'm just happy my team still as a legitimate shot at winning it all. What amazes me most is that the Bruins, with such a long history of toughness, have a fanbase that's littered with so many pink hats and fairweathers..........folks who jump up and down with every win while still being unable to handle the heartache that accompanies each loss. ...... You know the ones I mean. They're literally only 2 wins away folks. Save any tears for next week when nobody will care anymore what you think. Until then, just enjoy this awesome ride.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Best Of 3 For The Cup

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

By no means am I happy with last night's outcome but some of us need a little bit of perspective here. The Bruins find themselves in the enviable position of needing to win just 2 more games to become the champions again. There isn't a player on the other 28 teams that wouldn't trade places with them in a heartbeat. This has been the most exciting Final in years and I'm just happy my team still as a legitimate shot at winning it all. What amazes me most is that the Bruins, with such a long history of toughness, have a fanbase that's littered with so many pink hats and fairweathers..........folks who jump up and down with every win while still being unable to handle the heartache that accompanies each loss. ...... You know the ones I mean. They're literally only 2 wins away folks. Save any tears for next week when nobody will care anymore what you think. Until then, just enjoy this awesome ride.

Tears of joy!!!! GO B"S!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Impossible to call this series but given that the Bs play their best hockey when their backs are against the wall (unlike last night) I'm hopeful. I'm sure the Bs aren't panicking. Neither should we.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

If you're talking about Bruins fans who come to BDC with opinions I agree (maybe 100-200 people in the world). Most Bruins fans I know in real life don't come to BDC and are hardly like people here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErnestoGiove. Show ErnestoGiove's posts

The only debate going on in my head is who's got the advantage? Chicago - they beat Rask and they know how to beat the Bruins and 2/3 in their home. Bruins - they never gave up and they know the only reason Chicago won was because they took some time off during some plays. I think Game 5 winner takes it all.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

You would think that after the comebacks and performances the Bruins have put up in recent years, some of those "fans" would learn to have a little more faith.... I guess the world needs lab rats that keep going back for that electric shocker hooked up to the cheese.

GO BRUINS!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The bruins have all the experience and all the desire to put Chicago away, one game at a time. Win Saturday and it will end in six just as long as Claude doesn't put Jagr out in the defensive zone again.plenty of non-performances, but that was not smart.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

Got to admit I was pretty depressed with the way they played and of course, the outcome. But then put it in perspective. To have played that sloppy and almost pull it off, well I for one believe the real B's show up on Sat and bring it home for the cup.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Yes, it has come down to this. It is there for whoever wants it the most.

The Bruins have not lost in regulation time since game 6 of round 1 - a streak of 14 games.

Positives from yesterday:

• The game yesterday will serve to put them back on track.
    • The Bruins can't play any worse.
    • The "Hawks can't play any better.
    • Chara and Seidenberg have lots to atone for.
    • Kane and Toews, as much as they would like, cannot reproduce what they did yesterday.
    • Rask didn't have a chance on 4 of the 6 goals. Thanks to his teammates. But they will pay him back with a least one shutout opportunity.
    • Crawford has become exposed and will try to over-compensate to his detriment.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Yes, it has come down to this. It is there for whoever wants it the most.

The Bruins have not lost in regulation time since game 6 of round 1 - a streak of 14 games.

Positives from yesterday:

• The game yesterday will serve to put them back on track.
    • The Bruins can't play any worse.
    • The "Hawks can't play any better.
    • Chara and Seidenberg have lots to atone for.
    • Kane and Toews, as much as they would like, cannot reproduce what they did yesterday.
    • Rask didn't have a chance on 4 of the 6 goals. Thanks to his teammates. But they will pay him back with a least one shutout opportunity.
    • Crawford has become exposed and will try to over-compensate to his detriment.

Well said, D-B. .  I wish Chicago luck if they think they can sink another 6 behind Rask who has shown us fans one particularly significant characteristic this post-season; the ability to leave an off-night behind and return to elite form in the next outing - which he will Saturday. 

I saw last night as an out of character display by the Bruins.  They happen.  We don't have to look any further than last Monday's commanding performance to see what the Bruins are capable of.  A free-wheeling game, trading chances with the Hawks doesn't play into the controlled, defense-first make-up of Boston.  The Bruins have shown they can counter-punch with Chicago.  I expect them to return to their more successful, positionally strong lock-down style Saturday and return home set to clinch it all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Julien will make the necessary adjustments to stop Kane and Toews. Chara and Seidenberg were the d-men on the ice, but the forwards got caught from what I can tell. Wouldn't shock me if we see Ray Emery in these final games. Crawford has been exposed, he looks like he is fighting the puck on routine saves now.

Even if they lose Game 5, I still think they win it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Amen, dez.  The series is tied with the Bruins returning to the place they've already earned a win.  They know they're capable of winning on Saturday, we know it and so do the Hawks.  On the way home yesterday afternoon I was listening to Bob McCown on his Primetime Sports radio program.  He had Stephen Brunt and others on as guests.  Brunt and company believed the Hawks were no match for the Bruins saying Boston was superior to Chicago in every department from coaching to the players not dressed. 

McCown ran counter by reminding everyone how on-and-off the Bruins were for portions of the regular schedule. He wondered what would happen if this form descended on the Bruins once again; that there were pockets loaded with lackadasical play in the regular season .  Brunt speculated the Bruins could very well lay an egg in Game 4 but to expect them to go Jekyll and Hyde at this deep stage of the season was absurd.  At 14-6 I totally agree especially with the Bruins having the ability to bring it every shift. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Julien will make the necessary adjustments to stop Kane and Toews. Chara and Seidenberg were the d-men on the ice, but the forwards got caught from what I can tell. Wouldn't shock me if we see Ray Emery in these final games. Crawford has been exposed, he looks like he is fighting the puck on routine saves now.

Even if they lose Game 5, I still think they win it.

Precisely. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

The B's can win in Chicago, they've already proved that and could have won game 1.They are not intimidated playing on the road, that much is for sure. I think the Bruins will win the Cup in 6, but that being said, i think the B's can win it in 7 too. I guess what i'm saying is the B's can and will win this thing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Klaas' comment:

If you're talking about Bruins fans who come to BDC with opinions I agree (maybe 100-200 people in the world). Most Bruins fans I know in real life don't come to BDC and are hardly like people here.

Klaas, you're correct. I don't get much of the fairweather act from real world folks. I should've been more specific so thanks for helping me clarify. Cheers! Go Bruins! 2 more wins!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

The B's can win in Chicago, they've already proved that and could have won game 1.They are not intimidated playing on the road, that much is for sure. I think the Bruins will win the Cup in 6, but that being said, i think the B's can win it in 7 too. I guess what i'm saying is the B's can and will win this thing.

Great post 50, exactly where my mind set is.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

good post, Dez