best stick handling drills?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: best stick handling drills?

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

There's a point in time where a person after trying all of these drills with no results has to conclude ................I'm old and my skills are eroding.

Trying to get better at this at your advanced age is as likely as you looking younger as the years go by.

I'll never give up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: best stick handling drills?

In response to zamboni24's comment:

Agreed -- You could barely take your eyes off of Samsonov during the warmups -- Pretty much worth the price of admission to watch him motor around. During the free skate with an empty net he would aim and successfully hit the posts and crossbar with ease. Too bad he did the same thing during actual gme play. 

I enjoy the warmups as a close second to the game itself.  You can pick up a lot of drills.  I saw Campbell do this thing where the puck stays in one place and he sweeps his stick like he's stickhandling, but what he's doing is keeping the puck spinning.

re: Samsonov, I believe it's a really bad thing to ever practice shooting at posts because you do actually start to hit them more, it's easy to get fixated on them as targets.  And then you instinctively start looking for them and it's when you miss to the inside you score.  I thnk it's a really bad thing to do.