better panther pick up: campbell or horton?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: better panther pick up: campbell or horton?

Another under the radar steal by PC. Who knew Him and thornton would be like  a match.com advertisement.

IMO Horton is still the better and more valuable player. I agree he will be on fire in april or may.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Horton has had a chance for 30 goals in the last 15 games.  He is so snake-bit right now it isnt funny.  I think its totally messed up his head.  Honestly.  It just WONT go in for him.  No doubt Campbell has been playing better than anyone thought/realized, but Horton is a superior player.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I like campbell, but I think sobotka could have easily played the same role.. I think Julien wanted a more experienced player in that role based on the way he uses the 4th line..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Campbell alone was worth Wideman IMO

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjhernon. Show mjhernon's posts

Sobotka has looked very good in STL....great to see. He was a classy guy who always gave it his all.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

such a great trade ...WOW

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

In Response to Re: better panther pick up: campbell or horton?:
    [QUOTE]Another under the radar steal by PC. Who knew Him and thornton would be like  a match.com advertisement. IMO Horton is still the better and more valuable player. I agree he will be on fire in april or may.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

lol, Love the analogy.  I think Horton is the most important part because it was the biggest need.  Regardless of his struggles, he still powered the early season surge, he still is on pace for decent numbers and gives us a fast, skilled wing to play on the top line and draw defender's attention.  That said, Campbell has been WAY better than I expected.  He is a true character player with decent skill.  He gives our 4th line 3rd line level talent.  Very good pick up and could be the kind of player that you need in the playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Dollar for dollar it has to be Campbell.

Horton will come good though.Shooting percentage is currently 10.9%. He's getting some good chances and goalies are making some great saves. Just got to keep plugging away.  One way to succeed is to increase your failure rate. Shoot, shoot then shoot some more...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

yeah I'm loving the forth line. very solid.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In the long view, Horton will be a better pick up.  He is checking hard, skates well and really has been snake bitten with scoring.  Campbell is what he is, an open net scorer.  Love his game but there is no comparison.  One thing is for sure, I don't need to think of Wideman's wide out shots anymore, the enigma on defense.  In the last thought, the trade pick to Florida could be the real difference down the road.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Campbell

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

Horton is on pace for what, 20 goals this season?  It could be a career worst for him.  RYDER has been more productive at this point... RYDER!!

Dollar for dollar, I'd say Campbell is the better pick up at this point.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

They are BOTH worth it--- and Wideman is gone too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

[QUOTE]They are BOTH worth it--- and Wideman is gone too.
    Posted by JYaso[/QUOTE]

Simply awesome!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to better panther pick up: campbell or horton?:
    [QUOTE]can't there be an argument made that campbell has had a bigger impact on this team, to this point, than horton? i think horton will heat up, hopefully around april/may, but right now campbell is indespensable- the best 4th line center in the league, great on the pk, and brings a physical game every nite.  
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Barkeater, no argument here regarding CAMPBELL. I think HORTON is about to break through as well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

The only Bruin to have a streak of such incrdibly bad luck on a nuimber of very good shots for a protracted period of time(when Horton shoots,it seems every goalie gives his best impression of Jacques Plante)was Johnny Bucyk.I don't remember the exact year(hey,I'm getting older as you probably realize by my referencing Bucyk,who is one of my all-time favorite Bruins)but he was in his early thirties and he kept pounding the puck on net and the goalies were doing everything but standing on their heads to make stops that were,in many instances,better saves than anyone thought they were capable of making.The sole thing I remember about the game in which things started to change for him was a first period goal which caromed off toRangers players and found the back of the net.After that goal,all things returned to normal and he was a threat on just about every shift.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

Subotka's  days in Boston were over after the TMMOTI squabble...Savard was going to win that one...Good luck Vlady....was always a favourite of mine!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from H8urguts. Show H8urguts's posts

Both important.  I've been critical of Horton, but he's been playing like a demon lately, just not getting the bounces.  Seems to be overthinking and taking too long to get that shot off, something which plagues Ryder during slumps as well.  With Savvy starting to come around, I think we'll see some good production from that line soon.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

watchtower, nice reference to "barkeater" you and i are probally the only ones on earth that know adk. history- i prefer a bowl of soup and grilled cheese in the winter- thanks...are you a dacker?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhanlon156. Show bhanlon156's posts

Skill players are harder to come by than grinders.  Horton was the better pick up, but that's not to take anything away from Campbell, who has been terrific. 

Sobotka couldn't think fast enough.  Everything he did was a step too late.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

[QUOTE]watchtower, nice reference to "barkeater" you and i are probally the only ones on earth that know adk. history- i prefer a bowl of soup and grilled cheese in the winter- thanks...are you a dacker?
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

No, just a wannabe from the Poconos. But I am fortunate to have visited the area on a routine basis for the last forty years.

Sections
Shortcuts