Bieksa - mocks the jacket

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

Bieksa - mocks the jacket

I like this guy Bieksa - just when i start to feel a little sorry for the Canucks - he snaps me out of it....

" Some teams like to hand out awards to unsung heroes after each game in closed-door ceremonies.
    But the Canucks choose to pass on such accolades.
    "We don't have one," Vancouver defenceman Kevin Bieksa said Friday before Game 5. "We don't need little awards like that. There's enough at stake, enough motivation, for us. So whatever works for them. We have our own things that we do and other teams have their own things that they do."

The Bruins award a well-worn jacket, which bears a big spiked-B team logo, to the player who, as judged by his teammates, has led by example during a game.

"Don't peewee teams have that?" Bieksa asked mockingly. "

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Re: Bieksa - mocks the jacket

Rules:

Don't date within the division.
    Don't poke the Bear!
    Don't diss the jacket!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

In Response to Re: Bieksa - mocks the jacket:
    [QUOTE]Rules: Don't date within the division. Don't poke the Bear! Don't diss the jacket!
    Posted by dbg1[/QUOTE]

I thik we should officially add "Don't date a Canadian" to the list.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat11. Show gymrat11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bieksa - mocks the jacket : I thik we should officially add "Don't date a Canadian" to the list.
    Posted by beantowngm15[/QUOTE]

Don't marry a canadien fan...like my nephew!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bieksa - mocks the jacket : I thik we should officially add "Don't date a Canadian" to the list.
    Posted by beantowngm15[/QUOTE]

plenty wrong with canadiens, nothing wrong with canadians 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

In Response to Bieksa - mocks the jacket:
    [QUOTE]I like this guy Bieksa - just when i start to feel a little sorry for the Canucks - he snaps me out of it.... " Some teams like to hand out awards to unsung heroes after each game in closed-door ceremonies. But the Canucks choose to pass on such accolades. "We don't have one," Vancouver defenceman Kevin Bieksa said Friday before Game 5. "We don't need little awards like that. There's enough at stake, enough motivation, for us. So whatever works for them. We have our own things that we do and other teams have their own things that they do." The Bruins award a well-worn jacket, which bears a big spiked-B team logo, to the player who, as judged by his teammates, has led by example during a game. "Don't peewee teams have that?" Bieksa asked mockingly. "
    Posted by Awry[/QUOTE]

really??? based on the last two games i'd say there might be a little motivation issue for the canucks. thats if i understand the term motivation correctly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bieksa - mocks the jacket : plenty wrong with canadiens, nothing wrong with canadians 
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

True, that was kinda hypocritical. I'm Canadian haha.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Yeah, because what the Canucks really need to do now is poke that bear jst a little bit more.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Bieksa - mocks the jacket:
    [QUOTE]I like this guy Bieksa - just when i start to feel a little sorry for the Canucks - he snaps me out of it.... " Some teams like to hand out awards to unsung heroes after each game in closed-door ceremonies. But the Canucks choose to pass on such accolades. "We don't have one," Vancouver defenceman Kevin Bieksa said Friday before Game 5. "We don't need little awards like that. There's enough at stake, enough motivation, for us. So whatever works for them. We have our own things that we do and other teams have their own things that they do." The Bruins award a well-worn jacket, which bears a big spiked-B team logo, to the player who, as judged by his teammates, has led by example during a game. "Don't peewee teams have that?" Bieksa asked mockingly. "
    Posted by Awry[/QUOTE]
    Awry, I liked Bieksa before these playoffs got underway but have been losing respect for him as they wind down. He's the sort of player that gets on my nerves........a guy who is tough when up against non-fighters, but invisible when other true tough guys are on the ice against him. He's done absolutely nothing to impress me in these finals and if he wants to start a war of words, that's fine. Making reference to peewees and saying that TT is "leaky" is very ironic in that his own goalie has been suspect and his whole team is getting mistreated like they're the little brothers.......all that's missing are some noogie-filled headlocks.........it would seem to me as if Bieksa should worry about his own game/team. The media and fans in Van are ripping him pretty good over the schooling he received from Lucic in game 4.
    GO BRUINS!!!!!!!! 2 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

What's funny is that Bieksa isn't all that different from Marchand - except off the ice, Marchand tends to say more respectful things.  PK Subban comments exempted of course.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Bieksa is just like the rest of the team and fans. Classless.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

They are just like any powerhouse in sport who thought the other team would just let them win because they have been the best team in the regular season.  Everything collapse for them in Boston and now the are crying!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He thinks it's dumb.  Big deal.  He's not allow to have an opinion about the brutally ugly jacket that Ference bought off eBay?

I hope the jacket's feelings weren't hurt, along with the feelings of the guy that sold it on eBay, the people who work (or used to) for the company that made the ugly jacket or people who wear jackets in general. 

It's cold in Finland and Thomas played there.  I bet there are some Bruins fans and Thomas fans there.  Thomas has worn the jacket that Bieksa is mocking.  I hope all of the Finnish fans are okay.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

He dissed the jacket...
    Son of a b*tch!! That's sacred.

Time to cry havoc and release the Marchand's of war.
    Sic'em.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

get ready to taste second place geico man.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Here was my response on the "Your Call" section of the story on TSN:

They should hand out a Summer's Eve feminine hygiene product to the player who most exemplifies the Canucks' team philosophy after every game.  
    ---------------------------

It didn't get posted.  Go figure.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Here was my response on the "Your Call" section of the story on TSN: They should hand out a Summer's Eve feminine hygiene product to the player who most exemplifies the Canucks' team philosophy after every game.   --------------------------- It didn't get posted.  Go figure.
    Posted by Mutant211[/QUOTE]

And it should be in French:  été la veille de pulvérisation par voie vaginale

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

bieksa is too cool for school.

he's liked by Grapes but the more he talks he's losing coaches corner points.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Be cautious! The IQ of this website falls below the freezing point.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]He thinks it's dumb.  Big deal.  He's not allow to have an opinion about the brutally ugly jacket that Ference bought off eBay?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

OK, let me take a crack at this one.  And I'll put aside the "the right to an opinion is no defense against being told that your opinion is stupid" argument and go right to the "your opinion may tell us nothing about your subject, but it can tell us everything about you."

In this case, the Bruins as a team give the jacket to the player deemed worthy.  Nothing to do with the jacket itself, everything to do with the peer recognition it symbolizes.  In a sport where coordinated action is so important - trust your linemates, have their backs, read off them - you have to play for the guys in the room as much as the contract if you want to get to where the Bruins are - especially if there isn't an Orr, Gretzky, or Lemieux on your roster.  When something as stupid as a butt-ugly jacket acquires meaningful symbolism in the room, you have a strong team ethic.  Doesn't happen otherwise.

For Bieksa to dismiss that because "we have enough at stake" shows he completely misses the point. It suggests the Canucks don't have that team mentality, and that would hardly be a surprise given the kind of players they've pursued (though I do understand the need to balance out the passivity of the Sedins). 

ps. Love the translation skills.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wesman. Show wesman's posts

Well stated, as usual, Bookboy.  The bottom line: I don't care what he says or does as long as it serves to motivate the Bruins.  They are at their best when they have an axe to grind.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Awesome, but I thought it was the green spandex that they are awarded!!!!

[QUOTE]Here was my response on the "Your Call" section of the story on TSN: They should hand out a Summer's Eve feminine hygiene product to the player who most exemplifies the Canucks' team philosophy after every game.   --------------------------- It didn't get posted.  Go figure.
    Posted by Mutant211[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bieksa - mocks the jacket : OK, let me take a crack at this one.  And I'll put aside the "the right to an opinion is no defense against being told that your opinion is stupid" argument and go right to the "your opinion may tell us nothing about your subject, but it can tell us everything about you." In this case, the Bruins as a team give the jacket to the player deemed worthy.  Nothing to do with the jacket itself, everything to do with the peer recognition it symbolizes.  In a sport where coordinated action is so important - trust your linemates, have their backs, read off them - you have to play for the guys in the room as much as the contract if you want to get to where the Bruins are - especially if there isn't an Orr, Gretzky, or Lemieux on your roster.  When something as stupid as a butt-ugly jacket acquires meaningful symbolism in the room, you have a strong team ethic.  Doesn't happen otherwise. For Bieksa to dismiss that because "we have enough at stake" shows he completely misses the point. It suggests the Canucks don't have that team mentality, and that would hardly be a surprise given the kind of players they've pursued (though I do understand the need to balance out the passivity of the Sedins).  ps. Love the translation skills.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

No.  He hates the jacket.  I'm right.  You're wrong.  McQuaid is a bum and Hull's skate was not in the crease.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bieksa - mocks the jacket : No. He hates the jacket. I'm right. You're wrong. McQuaid is a bum and Hull's skate was not in the crease.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

What grade are you in?

Sections
Shortcuts