Biggest move this off-season??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Biggest move this off-season??

I think there will be a lot of movement this off-season via trades, what do you guys think will be the biggest. Of course we have the rumors, some come to fruition, most don't but there always seems to be one that comes out of nowhere. I think we could have a big one this off-season. The last few summer I would have guessed Edmonton, and they never do anything.

If Stanley is at the draft table that will be a shocker, even more so if he is not tackled by Phillys' finest moments later.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Re: Biggest move this off-season??

I was reading that it looks like there might be a lot of bidders for Evander Kane. Any truth to that you think? It sounded like PC kind of covets Evander. 

Everyone seems to be hung up on Kesler to be traded somewhere and where he will fit the best. Where do you think he will end up? Not Boston I know that. Just in case someone wanted to point out I am not so smart for bringing it up.

Bobby Orr, Ray Bourque, Patrice Bergeron traditions die hard in Boston

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Andy Strickland: P.K. Subban is looking for a bigger contract than the Blues gave Alex Pietrangelo, seven years and $45.5 million.
    Jason Gregor: If P.K. Subban was only asking for $6.5 million, the Canadiens would have already signed him. Source said a couple weeks ago that Subban’s camp asked for over $8 million a season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think there will be a lot of movement this off-season via trades, what do you guys think will be the biggest. Of course we have the rumors, some come to fruition, most don't but there always seems to be one that comes out of nowhere. I think we could have a big one this off-season. The last few summer I would have guessed Edmonton, and they never do anything.

If Stanley is at the draft table that will be a shocker, even more so if he is not tackled by Phillys' finest moments later.

[/QUOTE]

If he is at the draft table I will hate him forever.  I hate people whose ego exceeds their ability and force themselves into such places.  Your mileage may differ, you might admire the kissing bandit, but when I become world dictator it will be a capital offense (along with an assortment of traffic crimes).  If he's at the draft table, I will go on an unrelenting all out war with Stanley.  If Stanley has gotten as far as he says he says, he's distracting professionals from their work.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Macfact's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Andy Strickland: P.K. Subban is looking for a bigger contract than the Blues gave Alex Pietrangelo, seven years and $45.5 million.
    Jason Gregor: If P.K. Subban was only asking for $6.5 million, the Canadiens would have already signed him. Source said a couple weeks ago that Subban’s camp asked for over $8 million a season.

[/QUOTE]

Given what Phaneuf is getting - cap max is what PK should get.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I think you are going to see some big changes in Pittsburgh.

MAF, Letang, Neal and more may all be moved imho

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think at the very least MAF and Neal WILL be moved.  Pitt is gonna look interesting next year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I also wonder what Colorado is going to be like next season if they lose both Stastny and O'Rielly. Could be a possibility and the Aves are no longer sharks at the UFA table anymore. Those are two quality centers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

[QUOTE]

I also wonder what Colorado is going to be like next season if they lose both Stastny and O'Rielly. Could be a possibility and the Aves are no longer sharks at the UFA table anymore. Those are two quality centers.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have a feeling they will have to choose one or the other. Unless they both take discounts, which they may considering how well the Avs did last year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah I have a feeling they will have to choose one or the other. Unless they both take discounts, which they may considering how well the Avs did last year.

[/QUOTE]

True. I doubt either are going to take "hometown" discounts though. Those are fan pipedreams and both are entering their prime. Not gonna happen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Nail on the head....I can see Colorado and Pittsburgh end up with a swap of some very talented players.

I also think Tampa will make a run and land a couple strong veteran options to surround StamPkos and the rookies. Paging Joe Thornton and Mike Cammalleri. Maybe Hiller gets signed to hedge bets on Bishop. Would laugh to see them pry Markov from the Habs, and maybe take a run at Orpik or Schultz for some depth. Tampa will make moves.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Colorado has scheduled a press conference for tomorrow, which I am assuming will be to announce a deal for Stastny.  That kinda surprises me, but I can't think of what else this presser would be about.

They have said they will go to arbitration on O'Reilly.  They'll probably save some money, but will also alienate one of their best, young players and lend credence to the widely-held notion that they are cheap and somewhat incompetent in their free-agent dealings.

Stanley at the draft table is one of my favorite fake (Onion-esce) stories for 2014.  For some reason I keep thinking of fictional characters that remind me of Stanley's delusions.  For the literary-inclined here, which of the following characters does Stanley remind you most of:

1. Captain Kurtz - Heart of Darkness

2. Billy Pilgrim - Slaughterhouse Five

3. Teddy Daniels - Shutter Island

4. Lennie Small - Of Mice and Men

5. Other? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

if you were a gm, would you pick up Letang's contract?....

Neal's as good as gone....  his agent already said that some teams have expressed interest....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Colorado has scheduled a press conference for tomorrow, which I am assuming will be to announce a deal for Stastny.  That kinda surprises me, but I can't think of what else this presser would be about.

They have said they will go to arbitration on O'Reilly.  They'll probably save some money, but will also alienate one of their best, young players and lend credence to the widely-held notion that they are cheap and somewhat incompetent in their free-agent dealings.

Stanley at the draft table is one of my favorite fake (Onion-esce) stories for 2014.  For some reason I keep thinking of fictional characters that remind me of Stanley's delusions.  For the literary-inclined here, which of the following characters does Stanley remind you most of:

5. Other? 

[/QUOTE]

5. Others

combination of

a) Don Quixote

b) Hunter S Thomson - Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

if you were a gm, would you pick up Letang's contract?....

Neal's as good as gone....  his agent already said that some teams have expressed interest....

[/QUOTE]

I would if I were EDM or FLA...a team with cap space and a burning desire to show improvement. That said, the real question is if Letang wants to play for them...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

5. Other? 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

how about Lloyd in "dumb & dumber"....  "so you're telling me there's a chance"....

Stanley's got as much a chance of being a gm as Lloyd had of hooking up with the babe....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think Matt Moulson is a perfect fit for Pittsburgh. He's put 20 up on the power play alone.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

5. Other? 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

how about Lloyd in "dumb & dumber"....  "so you're telling me there's a chance"....

Stanley's got as much a chance of being a gm as Lloyd had of hooking up with the babe....

[/QUOTE]

Walter Mitty

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

5. Other? 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Stanley isn't as smart as Lloyd so that hurts his chances a bit.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Stanley isn't as stupid as he wants us to believe.  He has a degree from McGill.  I think it's a weird sexual thing with him.  He's like a guy who seems normal and successful in everyday life, but in private likes to dress in a diaper and pretend he's a baby while sucking on a woman's breasts.  Stanley is probably sitting in front of his computer and spanking it while reading the responses he gets about all his nonsense.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Stanley isn't as stupid as he wants us to believe.  He has a degree from McGill.  I think it's a weird sexual thing with him.  He's like a guy who seems normal and successful in everyday life, but in private likes to dress in a diaper and pretend he's a baby while sucking on a woman's breasts.  Stanley is probably sitting in front of his computer and spanking it while reading the responses he gets about all his nonsense.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Maybe in the theater during a matinee showing of Dumb and Dumber.....Harry Dunne

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Wow.  That took a weird turn.

Are you not entertained?!?!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Biggest move this off-season?  My bowels if Stanley is at that draft table.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Biggest move this off-season?  My bowels if Stanley is at that draft table.

[/QUOTE]

Krejci and 40 other things for Ryan johansen

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

[/QUOTE]

5. Others

combination of

a) Don Quixote

b) Hunter S Thomson - Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

[/QUOTE]

6. One of the brain dead zombies from the series " Walking Dead ".