Biggest NHL Diasappointments 11/12

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Biggest NHL Diasappointments 11/12

Interesting article, although somewhat predictable:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/04/02/biggest_disappointments_nhl_2011_12/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

Re: Biggest NHL Diasappointments 11/12

could they have found a more pathetic picture of gomez?  priceless.  We can add the canucks to that list after the playoffs also.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

heh....Gomez looks like the type who probably has to shave twice a day. Probably pulled for beer when he was a teen too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The most disappointing thing to me so far this season has been Crosby's injury.  Players like him come around once every 10 or so years if we are very lucky. 

The most disappointing thing about the B's season has been Horton's injury with Corvo's performance and the lack of minor league depth being tied for a distant second.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Considering half the pre-season predictions had them finishing tops in the league and winning the Cup, I'm surprised the Capitals weren't in that list.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

NAS, you are right about the lack of depth for sure. The call ups have been less than impressive and to have to call Whitfield up is a sure indicator of that. Maybe the Baby B's will be in better shape next year with the likes of Spooner, Knight, et. al.

Red, I agree with you about the Caps. Of course Sportsnet is Canadian so maybe they focused their attention a little too much up North. I, for one, do not think Kesler qualifies as one of the biggest disappointments of the year considering he missed the first month of the regular season recovering from surgery.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Isn't a disappointment when you believe things will go one way and come out another way?

So explain how the Leafs are on that list?

A fast start followed by a steady decline, or a feeble beginning and then catch fire once they've been mathematically eliminated - isn't that what the deal has been for the Leafs for something like a decade?

How is this year different?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

The Sabres as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I would add the Kings to that list. They were widely expected to challenge for the West's top seed, but here we are in the last week, and they may still miss the dance.

Also, the piece on Kesler doesn't even mention that he had off-season hip surgery and missed training camp, and the first 5 games of the season. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

In Response to Re: Biggest NHL Diasappointments 11/12:
    Isn't a disappointment when you believe things will go one way and come out another way? So explain how the Leafs are on that list? A fast start followed by a steady decline, or a feeble beginning and then catch fire once they've been mathematically eliminated - isn't that what the deal has been for the Leafs for something like a decade? How is this year different?
    Posted by BadHabitude

So, if anything, the Leafs actually performed to expectations; historically speaking....:)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Biggest NHL Diasappointments 11/12 : So, if anything, the Leafs actually performed to expectations; historically speaking....:)
    Posted by jaywall

Actually, yes.  I was having fun at the Leafs expense, but how about reality?

All those people last year saying that Reimer was the second coming and all that, and there's only about a billion goalies like him that showed up, flashed and burnt out.  I mean seriously, maybe at best they could have squeaked into the playoffs, maybe.  But to expect them to be in the playoffs?  Not a reasonable expectation at all.

And I'd really like to dig up those old posts and point out those people who thought Reimer was here to stay.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

In Response to Re: Biggest NHL Diasappointments 11/12 : Actually, yes.  I was having fun at the Leafs expense, but how about reality? All those people last year saying that Reimer was the second coming and all that, and there's only about a billion goalies like him that showed up, flashed and burnt out.  I mean seriously, maybe at best they could have squeaked into the playoffs, maybe.  But to expect them to be in the playoffs?  Not a reasonable expectation at all. And I'd really like to dig up those old posts and point out those people who thought Reimer was here to stay.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Yep, the expectations for him went through the roof from both fans and the Leafs organization. I actually feel kind of bad for him. He really seems like a nice kid. I have a feeling BB's first order of business in  the offseason will be to acquire a legit #1 goalie, likely at all costs. If Van goes out early in the playoffs I can see Luongo being traded to the Buds. He would be perfect for them. Overrated and overpriced.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I would add the Kings to that list. They were widely expected to challenge for the West's top seed, but here we are in the last week, and they may still miss the dance. Posted by 49-North

#1 for me as well as I have been to quite a few of Kings games they are listless and Carter has not helped.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In recent years the Sharks have been among the kings of the regular season routinely getting 100 plus points but unable to find playoff success.  This year they're a team balanced precariously on the edge of not even making the playoffs.  Has the makings of an interesting summer around HP Pavilion.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Every year there are teams that don't live up to expectations while there are also teams that exceed them. Totally agree with NAS on Crosby, best player in the world by far.
    What about the Lightning? 1 awesome game away from the finals last year to this?
    Kings with addition of Richards and young players ready to make the jump stand are in there for me as far as teams go with the Caps too. I thought the addition of Vokoun was the difference and thats why I picked the two to battle for the Cup.
     Blues are the biggest suprise follwed by the Panthers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StJohnsbruinsfan. Show StJohnsbruinsfan's posts

Every year there are teams that don't live up to expectations while there are also teams that exceed them. Totally agree with NAS on Crosby, best player in the world by far. What about the Lightning? 1 awesome game away from the finals last year to this? Kings with addition of Richards and young players ready to make the jump stand are in there for me as far as teams go with the Caps too. I thought the addition of Vokoun was the difference and thats why I picked the two to battle for the Cup.  Blues are the biggest suprise follwed by the Panthers.
    Posted by kelvana33

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StJohnsbruinsfan. Show StJohnsbruinsfan's posts

Tampa.. what a huge dissapointment. I really thought they would be a top team this year

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Null has been the biggest disappointment this season.
    He didn't even come up with anything interesting to troll about. Just the same implausible X Files nonsense. At least Tukka fancies himself a wit.

Really though, an awful article. I know it's geared to Canada but Tampa, Washington, SJ, Buffy, and the Kings (or any of this lot do not make the playoffs) are huge disappointments. The Habs, I guess because no one foresaw this level of suckitude, but most people who watch any hockey knew they were not a playoff team to begin with.
    How can anyone say the Laffs were a disappointment? They have proven to be the very definition of consistency.

Shuperman, come home!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsforever. Show Bruinsforever's posts

The Caps are my biggest disapointment by far this season. They are fighting for no. 8 spot while majority of people were seeing them at 1st or 2nd position.

No matter if Caps are into playoffs or not, if they face another disapointing elimination this year, maybe it would be time for a drastic clean up, as their Stanley Cup "window" comes to an end.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I remember seeing an awful lot of people calling for Buffalo to be the "it" team this year... new owner, desperate to win, spending money. Remember? Terrible disappointment.

And lots of people (coughKELcoughCOUGH)  just kiddin' buddy  were looking at LA vs Washington in the finals with that spankin' new free elite goalie they got.

SJ has to be a disappointment for scrambling to make the playoffs.  But when they and Vancouver choke during the playoffs, it's just business as usual.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts