Bitting My Finger Nails

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

Bitting My Finger Nails

Anyone else nervous about this up coming season? Like how are the B's going to replace 30 goals and 62 points from Iggy? I don't see the rest of the team put up the extra points. I hope to god we can get a winger that can score and not hit the post 20 times in a playoff round.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle-Salty. Show Uncle-Salty's posts

Re: Bitting My Finger Nails

I'm a little concerned.

I think Vrbata can replace Iginlas offense if we sign him. What we're also lacking is the leadership and toughness from Thornton. I want to sign Cody McCormick and make a trade with Vancouver to bring in Kassian. Vancouver traded for Dorsett and they already have Sestito so I'd make a call and see if the Canucks would take Bart for him.

Campbell-McCormick and Kassian would be a good, inexpensive fourth line while Paille would move up to the 3rd line.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Goals will come from the back end....Christopher Breen is a Bruin!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle-Salty. Show Uncle-Salty's posts

In response to Rufus604's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No goals. He's a 6'7" 230 lbs and likes to throw. Looks like a Mcquaid replacement?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Uncle-Salty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No goals. He's a 6'7" 230 lbs and likes to throw. Looks like a Mcquaid replacement?

[/QUOTE]

He likes to throw what? Even in junior his career high in PIMs was 67.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle-Salty. Show Uncle-Salty's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Youtube has several Breen fights. Maybe he's one of those guys who doesn't take a lot of dumb penalties?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Youtube has several Breen fights. Maybe he's one of those guys who doesn't take a lot of dumb penalties?

[/QUOTE]

He's got 17 fights in his pro career and he isn't very good at it. His only NHL fight was against Lane McDermid. He's only tough if you think Hal Gill is too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Does it matter if the guy fights? B's have enough guys that can do that. They really don't need another 6-7 Dman.

Perhaps he is going to take Cross' place in providence? :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Does it matter if the guy fights? B's have enough guys that can do that. They really don't need another 6-7 Dman.

[/QUOTE]

Actually JM, I like the idea of solidifying the 7-9 slots on the D because we just saw last year how crucial it can become at crunch time. I want to see another guy step up like J Boy and McQuaid who started out low on the depth chart but played well enough to force their way into the lineup. Miller and Bartko were both usually good overall but both need to find the nightly consistency to take it to the next level.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, a Cross promotion would be nice for the sole reason being.....................his jersey would look good right beside Soderberg's in Badhab's closet.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Perhaps Breen is insurance in case it's a D that gets moved to clear salary?

-- Proud user of http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8vclq_sgc2c-69-chambraigne" rel="nofollow">Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Spooner alone will get 60 points....if he can play

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 3 more Cups by 2020

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to G4ck5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anyone else nervous about this up coming season? Like how are the B's going to replace 30 goals and 62 points from Iggy? I don't see the rest of the team put up the extra points. I hope to god we can get a winger that can score and not hit the post 20 times in a playoff round.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, feel same way.  Between Seguin, Horton, and now Iggy, whether you like Seguin or not, these guys put puck in net.  Losing guys like this the past couple seasons , it's tough to keep trying to place this.....we'll see, but yes concerned. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Okay, so we need 30 goals, huh?  Let's look:

I expect Eriksson to take first line right wing duties.  +15

After an embarrassing post season, I expect Marchand to hit 30:  +5

With the goon gone, a hockey player will join the fourth line:  Combined +8

Someone is going to take that third line spot:  +7

Boom.  30 goals.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Erikson will get 30+ goals, Marchand, Smith, Soderberg and Kelly will exceed last year's numbers and the fourth line will be higher scoring this year.  We will be fine.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Erikson will get 30+ goals, Marchand, Smith, Soderberg and Kelly will exceed last year's numbers and the fourth line will be higher scoring this year.  We will be fine.

[/QUOTE]

I agree, mattbs.  Furthermore, the thought that they need to replace all of those goals is misguided.  It'll be a new team with some new regular players and different lines.  It would be great if they could have the best record again, it sure does make the regular season fun, but if they finish third in the conference, all is good.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

What about the addition by subtraction? 

How much better will the team be without Thornton?

The removal of just that one guy could change the effectiveness and the whole look of that 4th line.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

It's gonna happen like this: the team needs to be in good standing on the playoff 1-8 seeding come the trade deadline in February.  Then, PC will make a move(s) accordingly based on who is a disappointment. 

We know this: President's Trophies don't win Stanley Cups.  Not often do 1 or 2 seeds either.  

Stay in the top 5-6 seeds by February and deal for what's missing. LA got Gaborik, and it worked out in the playoffs with him. Anyone see that coming?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Said it elsewhere, but it's really the top of the roster strength that will matter most in the playoffs.  Krejci, Lucic, Eriksson, Marchand, Bergeron, Smith, Soderberg, Chara, Hamilton, Krug, Boychuk, Seidenberg, Rask.  If those guys play well next playoff, the Bruins can go all the way.  If they don't, it won't matter who has filled the current vacancies.  Everything else is probably how many rounds do they win before they lose?

Are you not entertained?!?!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What about the addition by subtraction? 

How much better will the team be without Thornton?

The removal of just that one guy could change the effectiveness and the whole look of that 4th line.

[/QUOTE]

What ??   2nd time in 24 hours that you make sense ....you finally understood that ST was a pain for the BRUINS .....WOW 

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 3 more Cups by 2020

Sections
Shortcuts