Blackhawks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Blackhawks

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

Bruins 2008-2009 = Peaked way too soon and exited in the 2nd round

Bruins 2011-2012 = Peaked way too soon and exited in the 1st round

The 2010-2011 Bruins never really peaked or go too low....they had a solid 6-0 road trip where they played well, but didn't dominate from what I recall, and that's the closest they got to peaking in the regular season.

Teams generally capture their best chemistry just once in a season. And while the 13-2-2 record would suggest that they've peaked....I don't think anyone feels that they have. They've just played solid, consistent hockey, and have a goalie playing really well right now, giving them a chance to win in all but 1 game (which the skaters left him hanging out to dry).

I like the B's chances this year.

Great post!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Crawford has really impressed me allot this year. I don't know who Chicago's goalie coach is or even if they have one but something has changed. I know a goalies stats can look real good on a puck possesion team like the Hawks (See Niemi 2010) but 1.65 GAA and a .933 SV% is damn good, so Corey gets some credit.

To Hangs point though- How many times has San Jose looked like they were the team to beat during the regular season over, say, the last 5 years ?

and also lest see if Chiacgo can go through a rash of injuries like other teams have already...

CRAWFORD injured. Had to leave game last night.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Kind of tainted when you only play your Conferences.

Are they really the best NHL team ?  Which Conference is stronger ? Just cannot answer these questions this season since teams only get to play against their own Conference .

This is exactly it. I am sure at least a couple of Eastern teams would have likely beaten them by now. Not every team in the East is CBJ, CGY, EDM, or COL.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Rowdy Ray Emery part of this too. I remember seeing Crawford shelled in an Icehogs game a few years ago.