Blake Geoffrion Retiring

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Blake Geoffrion Retiring

Blake Geoffrion does the smart thing and is going to hang up the skates after getting his skull caved in earlier this season.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/report-geoffrion-to-retire-from-hockey/

That hit is still hard to watch.

Best of luck Blake!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Blake Geoffrion Retiring

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Blake Geoffrion does the smart thing and is going to hang up the skates after getting his skull caved in earlier this season.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/report-geoffrion-to-retire-from-hockey/

That hit is still hard to watch.

Best of luck Blake!!

hopefully he can stay in the sport in some capacity if he so wishes. A tough decision so early in his career, but good to see he has his priorities straight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

What a fluke, though.  I mean, huge hit, but it doesn't look dirty, no direct contact to the head...he just gets blown up and goes bucket to glass. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Yep, clean hit. Hard as hell, but clean. Just bad luck....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

i dunno, kinda looks like he leaves his feet before hitting.  That could be just the way i see it though.  Either way really sad, way too young to be forced to retire.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

i dunno, kinda looks like he leaves his feet before hitting.  That could be just the way i see it though.  Either way really sad, way too young to be forced to retire.

Maybe but it certainly was not a head shot and he did lead with his a**. Unfortunate either way.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

no arguments that it wasnt an intentional shot to the head.  I just think he lept, which is pretty dirty in itself.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Just read that Geoffrion has a degree in marketing, works on the side as an associate with a marketing firm in Madison, and has written for a newspaper in Nashville. Nice to know the kid has some skills to fall back on. Another example of why players should consider the NCAA rather than CHL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Just read that Geoffrion has a degree in marketing, works on the side as an associate with a marketing firm in Madison, and has written for a newspaper in Nashville. Nice to know the kid has some skills to fall back on. Another example of why players should consider the NCAA rather than CHL.

There are many advantages in getting college degrees before turning pro as opposed to jumping straight from Junior. Of course the drawback is losing 2 to 4 year on a lucrative EL contract.