Blake Wheeler Winning goal!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Blake Wheeler Winning goal!!!

Wow what a game by TT and of course Blake Wheeler ...the power forward that every NHL's GMs dream about ...1G 1A tonight and most important : the winning goal ...keep it up BIG WHEEL

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GNPBruins. Show GNPBruins's posts

Re: Blake Wheeler Winning goal!!!

Wheeler is weak.  Anyone think this underachieving, 6-5 scared little boy who won't hit anyone even with his purse will be anything more than a 20 goal scorer in this league, does not understand hockey.

I love these guys who are boasting the whole pre-season about either Kessel or Wheeler, quiet during the season and then once in a blue moon when the player has a good game, they come out with the "I told you so" routine. 

Weak.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Blake Wheeler Winning goal!!!:
    [QUOTE]Stanley, your wrong in saying that is human nature..That is the play of a losing team.. Confident, and winning teams put teams away.. they dont take a lead, let teams back in, and then struggle to not lose games.. Human nature is not taking a 3-1 lead into the 3rd and getting out shot 26-2.. Like I said Julien could have mis spoke, but I dont want a coach who is looking to react to play, I want a coach whose team is playing its game, and yes making adjustments, but not "reacting" to the other teams play. In 2008 we didnt react to teams, we went in, we played our game..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

The 2nd was a good indication that the Caps were going to come out strong in the 3rd and as you can see in his statement below I'm sure Julien talked about it between periods. 
    I'm getting the impression you're blaming Julien the way they played in the 3rd ?

“I thought we held our own and still had our chances. I thought we had about four really good chances to score that fourth goal and it never came. We came out in the third and we did exactly what we weren’t supposed to do. We were supposed to keep taking the game to them. We just didn’t do it. It’s unfortunate.’’

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

(WARNING)  :  Do not underestimate Blake Wheeler ! ! ! !

The Bruins will be on top of the conference early in January ...but as I can see in the comments that I am reading ..its still not enough ...Bruins will win the Cup in June 2011 but some of you will still post negative comments, Bruins will win the Cup in 2012 and again some of you will still complain ...and ditto for 2013 ...We have one of the best team in the Bruins history and thats why we will win 3 Stanley Cup in a row so will you stop whinning and enjoy the ride while it lasts ..

Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Blake Wheeler Winning goal!!! : The 2nd was a good indication that the Caps were going to come out strong in the 3rd and as you can see in his statement below I'm sure Julien talked about it between periods.  I'm getting the impression you're blaming Julien the way they played in the 3rd ? “I thought we held our own and still had our chances. I thought we had about four really good chances to score that fourth goal and it never came. We came out in the third and we did exactly what we weren’t supposed to do. We were supposed to keep taking the game to them. We just didn’t do it. It’s unfortunate.’’
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Legion,
    see that quote doesnt bother me.. And I can't find the other quote, but the paraphrase was "we watched the play, rather then reacting to it".. And that does bother me.. My point was you need to take the play.. So maybe he mis spoke (maybe it was mis quoted)  but your quote is along the lines of what I would hope to hear..
    There are still issues, the game was indeed poorly coached, the timing of the time out was awful in my opinion..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Leg...

"It certainly saved us. There's no doubt about that," Bruins coach Claude Julien said of the final horn. "It's unfortunate. … We were watching more than we were reacting."

Like I said, I don't want a team with a 3-1 lead coming out in the "lets not lose" frame of mind.. you built a lead early, what were you doing right etc..

There are definitely issues though, 26-2 is ridiculous?  a record? horrible?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Leg... "It certainly saved us. There's no doubt about that," Bruins coach Claude Julien said of the final horn. "It's unfortunate. … We were watching more than we were reacting." Like I said, I don't want a team with a 3-1 lead coming out in the "lets not lose" frame of mind.. you built a lead early, what were you doing right etc.. There are definitely issues though, 26-2 is ridiculous?  a record? horrible?

You're right on the time to call a timeout. For some reason he waits so he can keep it for the very end. This season more than once I've noticed Julien wait for the other coach to call it so he can preserve his. It's like a tug-a-war at times between the 2 benches.
    As for coming into the 3rd the way they did not sure what else he could have done or said but tell them to continue at them (same forecheck) as he mentioned in his post game comments.
    I think the play in the 3rd this time I'll pin it on the players. Psychologically this happens often in pro-sports. Maybe that's what Stanley was trying to say , human nature ?

What's 26-2 ? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

26-2 Was the third period shot count..

which is why there should have been a t.o. called, a fight instigated, the coach should have done something to right the ship, i watched the shot count go from 16-18 bruins, to 39-20 capitals, no pressure applied, and nothing going on on the bench..

I can understand human nature being, were up, and taking off the gas, but that is not what happened, the bruins were sitting back, playing to not lose, awful hockey.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]26-2 Was the third period shot count.. which is why there should have been a t.o. called, a fight instigated, the coach should have done something to right the ship, i watched the shot count go from 16-18 bruins, to 39-20 capitals, no pressure applied, and nothing going on on the bench.. I can understand human nature being, were up, and taking off the gas, but that is not what happened, the bruins were sitting back, playing to not lose, awful hockey.

and that's why he should have called the timeout.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

My point as well, calling a T.O. with 16 seconds to play?? why so the caps could rest their best players, you let thomas weather the storm by himself that long..

I can tell you why the time out was not called, I believe, Julien was waiting to use it after the caps scored to tie it, to settle the troops.. I think that idea falls under his we were watching, not reacting (which I think is the wrong philosophy at well).. and the team is playing with the mentality of a beaten, losing team..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Finally a good game by Wheeler. Maybe the B's should give him a raise and sign him to a long term contract?  Even a blind squirrel finds a nut.  He is a waste of money and size!
    Posted by bluefox70[/QUOTE]
    Yeah let's begrudge him for taking his game to another level.We'll keep crying about Wheeler after good or bad games apparently.