Blame this year on PC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Blame this year on PC

I blame PC for this year... He should have known Horton was not going to be less than 100%, then you lose Recchi and Ryder and he brings in Corvo, Pouliotte and Rolston?  Aweful moves especially since they had the money.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Re: Blame this year on PC

Blame it on one of the most intelligent hockey men in the league that is 10 months off of bringing a cup back to Boston? Truly, you must be joking.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Moronic post. Why should he have known that Horton would be less than 100 percent when Horton was playing well right until the concussion? Rolston was very valuable last 10 games of the year. Pouliot showed a lot of energy on a line with Rolston and Kelly. Corvo was bad, but he replaced him with Zanon and Mottau and who could have counted on McQuaid getting injured. Right blame PC for 7 games that were decided by 1 goal...go back to grade school

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

What is it with posters who have guitars in their avatars and crappy posts.

Stupid, stupid thread.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I know He has done a good job overall but this year he did nothing.  Why would he know about Horton?  Because almost every player coming off a serious concussion have issues the year after.  Bringing in Corvo, Rolston and Pouliotte was a step backwards.  Yes Zanon was a good move and when Corvo sat the defense actually played better but the offence was aweful.  We are  couple of forwards away from a Stanley cup next year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Blame this year on PC:
    I blame PC for this year... He should have known Horton was not going to be less than 100%, then you lose Recchi and Ryder and he brings in Corvo, Pouliotte and Rolston?  Aweful moves especially since they had the money.
    Posted by mattbs
    Your right....and i also think it's his fault the Pens,nucks and wings lost. lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Stupidest post I've seen yet, but there are many more to follow, I'm sure.

PC did the exact same thing he did last year.  Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't.  All you can ask for from a GM is to get you a shot every year.  He did.  The GM has no role in poor playoff execution and strategy. 

PC is about the only guy on the Bruins who still looks good right now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

the only mistake PC made and i said it at the beginning of the season. Ryder should still be a Bruin.

i don't think PC could have known how bad Corvo would turn out to be.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

It's my opinion... He didn't replace what we lost... 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In Response to Re: Blame this year on PC:
    It's my opinion... He didn't replace what we lost... 
    Posted by mattbs

There Bruins only chance of getting a legit goal scorer would be to trade Tuukka or Dougie Hamilton.... do you really want to sacrifice the future of the team for someone to replace Horton?

This guy just brought the Bruins a cup 10 months ago, how can you possibly be upset with him?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LegendofBoston. Show LegendofBoston's posts

UGH, this post is foolish. OP let me just say PC has built us a team that will be competitive for years. This is the Stanley Cup Playoffs. We had a good team. You can't just go out and replace a guy like Horton, sorry just won't happen. PC did what he could. Yes maybe Rolston wasn't the answer, but it was worth the risk imo. We got beat by a team very similar to us fair and square. They had a hot goaltender, and we couldn't finish, they did. Quit your whining and look forward to next season like the rest of us. We will be competitive thanks to the guy you are trying to bash. Go hide in a bush and think before you post again please. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Sorry, nerves are a little raw matt, but PC DID replace what he lost, or so it appeared.  This team was well built, but Horton was knocked out midseason and we saw the worst trade market I can ever remember at the deadline.  Awful deals were available.  PC didn't take them.  Good for him. 

I think he's the one guy who still looks good today.  He got them to the dance on home ice without their top line winger.  You can't replace Horton at the trade deadline.  You can't.

The the Bruins fell in the playoffs from terrible execution, an awful powerplay, and stars who played badly.  Put that blame on the players and coaches.  PC's job was finished on April 1st.  He can't make them play well in the playoffs.  And this team will be good again next year. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Sorry, nerves are a little raw matt, but PC DID replace what he lost, or so it appeared.  This team was well built, but Horton was knocked out midseason and we saw the worst trade market I can ever remember at the deadline.  Awful deals were available.  PC didn't take them.  Good for him.  I think he's the one guy who still looks good today.  He got them to the dance on home ice without their top line winger.  You can't replace Horton at the trade deadline.  You can't. The the Bruins fell in the playoffs from terrible execution, an awful powerplay, and stars who played badly.  Put that blame on the players and coaches.  PC's job was finished on April 1st.  He can't make them play well in the playoffs.  And this team will be good again next year. 
    Posted by Fletcher1

That was the killer in my opinion too, losing Horton. Then McQuaid went down, Boychuk was on one leg and Bergeron could not even take faceoffs. Just some bad circumstances. Of course, all teams have some key injuries along the way and some guys just have to step up.

PC did try at the deadline to plug some holes but it was obviously not enough. As he mentioned at the deadline, no one wants to trade with the cup champs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

thank you Mitch. That is an intelligent post. To all the morons who call the original poster stupid for saying Pete did not do enough to upgrade the team, go over and watch the Red Sox where the same thing is taking place.
    As I said in my own thread, check the goal average, check the PP totals, check shots on net for PP....hell. check the record since Xmas.
    this is just not that talented at team, especially with regards to top line talent and D beyond CHara and Seids.
    To argue otherwise is what is really stupid.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

really?? Horton and McQuaid??? Losing Horton wasn't like losing Hull. Or in my opinion even Bobby Schmaltz. And McQuaid, whom I really like, is still a third pair defenseman at best. Sorry, no disrespect intended, but that is a reach. Now if you said losing Savard then I would agree. You lose a top line center and that does hurt.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

thank you Mitch. That is an intelligent post. To all the morons who call the original poster stupid for saying Pete did not do enough to upgrade the team, go over and watch the Red Sox where the same thing is taking place. As I said in my own thread, check the goal average, check the PP totals, check shots on net for PP....hell. check the record since Xmas. this is just not that talented at team, especially with regards to top line talent and D beyond CHara and Seids. To argue otherwise is what is really stupid.
    Posted by pumpsiefan

Please tell us, who was available?  Were you paying attention during FA?  It was about the toughest market since forever.  Look at the money Ryder got.  Look at the prices during the trade deadline, would you have traded Rask or Hamilton?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Don't get me wrong... Overall I believe PC has done a great job and I am not saying fire the guy. Next year e get Hamilton, Seguin will be even better, as will other guys.  All we need to add a creative forward who can anchor a pp.  It was andressed this year but hopefully it will be next year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

really?? Horton and McQuaid??? Losing Horton wasn't like losing Hull. Or in my opinion even Bobby Schmaltz. And McQuaid, whom I really like, is still a third pair defenseman at best. Sorry, no disrespect intended, but that is a reach. Now if you said losing Savard then I would agree. You lose a top line center and that does hurt.
    Posted by pumpsiefan

Ummm....you are equating 30 goal man Horton to Bobby Schmautz? Really? A first liner to a third liner? Really? And having Mcquaid in there rather than Zanon, Corvo, or Motteau is somehow not a big deal? Really?

Did you even watch the Bruins play this year?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Don't get me wrong... Overall I believe PC has done a great job and I am not saying fire the guy. Next year e get Hamilton, Seguin will be even better, as will other guys.  All we need to add a creative forward who can anchor a pp.  It was andressed this year but hopefully it will be next year.
    Posted by mattbs

Matt, very true in that they need to find someone out there to anchor the PP. I agree with this. But, I think this can happen internally. Once CJ discovers Seguin is a better option than Peverely or Pouliot or Hamilton asserts himself (which may happen considering the season he is having in junior).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Dumb post. Move on...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

I was being a wiseguy with the Schmaltz comment. I meant it facesiously. And you have a point about McQuaid. He certainly would have been better that the guys you mentioned. But he is still not a game changer. And that was my point all year long - that the B's didn't have enough game changers. TT was one last year in the playoffs, as was Krecji. But you certainly couldn't say that about Krecji this year. Or others.
    And yes, you can make the 'who was out there' arguement till the cows come home. But check out Nashville, which did upgrade and then beat a very good Red Wings team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

You really have to wonder about the arrogance and idiocy of someone who can decry "dumb post, move on". If you don't want to discuss the demise of the Bruins and specifically speculate on how much responsibility Pete C must accept, then for the love of Orr just go back to staring at your Pamela Anderson poster and don't participate.
    And look up the word sanctimonious.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Losing Horton was huge.  He is one of a few players in the NHL that does not need 4/5 shots per game to score.  He is a pure scorer with a deadly shot.  After the B's lost Horton in the regular season, they became a .500 team that went through stretches where they had trouble scoring.  It is no surprise that this played itself out against Washington.  

Mcquaid was missed, but our D (including Corvo and Mottau) played very well in this series without him.   

Sections
Shortcuts