Blame this year on PC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

Re: Blame this year on PC

last two posts made good points, and I really appreciate the civil way they were made. Calling other posters stupid and dumb and crazy because they see things differently is just beyond juvenile.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

PC Must take some of the blame for the Bruins fate this year. He let go of players he could have kept and did nothing meaningful to replace Recchi. What he picked up in replacements were largely cast offs from GMs who frankly knew better.

Nice to see all that cap space still floating around though. I'm sure Jacobs was happy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In Response to Re: Blame this year on PC:
    [QUOTE]You really have to wonder about the arrogance and idiocy of someone who can decry "dumb post, move on". If you don't want to discuss the demise of the Bruins and specifically speculate on how much responsibility Pete C must accept, then for the love of Orr just go back to staring at your Pamela Anderson poster and don't participate. And look up the word sanctimonious.
    Posted by pumpsiefan[/QUOTE]
    while you're at it look up how to spell "facesiously". if you're looking to lay blame, at least know where to place it. 1) TT was a mortal, he never really "stole" a game. 2) the leagues best face-off guy did not take draws in the the biggest game of the year. 3) the pp was atrocious again. 4) injuries to mcquaid and horton did not help. 5) the best offensive performers went cold. 6)THE CAPS PLAYED A HELL OF A SERIES. but do go on and tell us it was the fault of the guy who assembled the second best defense and third best offense in the entire league. i'm fairly certain you called for pc's head at the trade deadline last year, and after the bruins went down 2-0 to montreal. how'd that work out for ya? if you're going to point a finger, at least point it in the general direction it needs to be pointed. lazy thinking. as soon as the words "bruins demise" were used, i should have figured something foolish would follow. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

Why blame anyone? The team was beat up and spent. There's no one person to blame and there shouldn't be .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Blame this year on PC:
    [QUOTE]I blame PC for this year... He should have known Horton was not going to be less than 100%, then you lose Recchi and Ryder and he brings in Corvo, Pouliotte and Rolston?  Aweful moves especially since they had the money.
    Posted by mattbs[/QUOTE]

I'll just defer to John McEnroe: "You canNOT be serious!"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]really?? Horton and McQuaid??? Losing Horton wasn't like losing Hull. Or in my opinion even Bobby Schmaltz. And McQuaid, whom I really like, is still a third pair defenseman at best. Sorry, no disrespect intended, but that is a reach. Now if you said losing Savard then I would agree. You lose a top line center and that does hurt.
    Horton is the only player in history with 2 game 7 winners. Go back to the Sox forum. They couldn't think you're as stupid over there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

[QUOTE]Blame it on one of the most intelligent hockey men in the league that is 10 months off of bringing a cup back to Boston? Truly, you must be joking.
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]

In order to repeat you have to improve Bruins didn't i agree with him,they had the money why not spend it

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Blame this year on PC : In order to repeat you have to improve Bruins didn't i agree with him,they had the money why not spend it
    Posted by kitchener[/QUOTE]
    If building a Stanley Cup winning team is as easy as spending money,why haven't the NY Rangers won 30 Cups.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Wow I didn't expect this thread to ruffle feathers and take on a life like this.  My point is that of all the new guys that came in (mainly Pouliote, Rolston and Corvo) none really contributed and none are worth keeping.  Imagine what a Jagr could have done for our powerplay and leadership.  Having said that I would not trade PC for anyone but as a fan I have the right to look give my hind sight opinion.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Blame this year on PC : Matt, very true in that they need to find someone out there to anchor the PP. I agree with this. But, I think this can happen internally. Once CJ discovers Seguin is a better option than Peverely or Pouliot or Hamilton asserts himself (which may happen considering the season he is having in junior).
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

They do not need someone to "anchor' the power play. They need a coach to have a new power play system. A puck moving defenseman is the last thing this power play needs. In fact, stop relying ont he point men so much ont he power play. Last year they had  Chara and Kaberle on the points and what did that do. Blame Kaberle all you want, but his record shows he knows how to play the power play, and records also show the power play stunk before he got here, while he was here and after he left. Shots from the point do not equal a good power play.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

[QUOTE]Wow I didn't expect this thread to ruffle feathers and take on a life like this.  My point is that of all the new guys that came in (mainly Pouliote, Rolston and Corvo) none really contributed and none are worth keeping.  Imagine what a Jagr could have done for our powerplay and leadership.  Having said that I would not trade PC for anyone but as a fan I have the right to look give my hind sight opinion.
    Posted by mattbs[/QUOTE]

Exactly i'm not saying they need a new Gm but i think there is more he could have done to improve team

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Hindsight is 20/20. Come on, now. PC put together a team that was top 5 in goals for and top 5 in goals against....and we're criticizing him? This is also right after they won the Cup....did you see what happened to Chicago the year after they won the Cup? SQUEAKED into the playoffs due to a lack of foresight in the team's salary cap.

I'll take PC every single day....he and Julien have done an amazing job at producing a level of consistency that this franchise hasn't seen since the days of #4. Give it a rest.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

this thread took on a life because there is a segment of Bruins fans that have adopted a "love it or leave it" attitude and when you question the Bruins or disagree with them they resort to playground tactics like namecalling to reinforce their point.
    I am a lifelong Bruins fan (but also a terrible speller, adk, you rightous azz) but I just never liked the way this team was constructed. The way some posters on here react when you express a different opinion you'd think I had stolen their family jewels.
    Yes, we won the Cup last year. And yes, Horton scored two winning goals. But that can't obfuscate the Bruins record since December or their power play success or Horton's inconsistent play before he was injured or their top line essentially disappearing against the Caps.
    Consider trading some rightousness for some reality. No, not my reality - the reality of the statistics and won-loss record. All I have ever postulated is that the Bruins talent level MIGHT be a bit overrated. YOu can cite injuries, the Caps fine play, etc etc.
    I am simply going to stick with my "stupid" year long assessment of the talent level. For those of you offended by that, kiss my ......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]this thread took on a life because there is a segment of Bruins fans that have adopted a "love it or leave it" attitude and when you question the Bruins or disagree with them they resort to playground tactics like namecalling to reinforce their point. I am a lifelong Bruins fan (but also a terrible speller, adk, you rightous azz) but I just never liked the way this team was constructed. The way some posters on here react when you express a different opinion you'd think I had stolen their family jewels. Yes, we won the Cup last year. And yes, Horton scored two winning goals. But that can't obfuscate the Bruins record since December or their power play success or Horton's inconsistent play before he was injured or their top line essentially disappearing against the Caps. Consider trading some rightousness for some reality. No, not my reality - the reality of the statistics and won-loss record. All I have ever postulated is that the Bruins talent level MIGHT be a bit overrated. YOu can cite injuries, the Caps fine play, etc etc. I am simply going to stick with my "stupid" year long assessment of the talent level. For those of you offended by that, kiss my ......

I don't recall you coming here during the season citing these concerns. I see your here now, after they lost, saying I told you so..

Learn hockey, then come back.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]this thread took on a life because there is a segment of Bruins fans that have adopted a "love it or leave it" attitude and when you question the Bruins or disagree with them they resort to playground tactics like namecalling to reinforce their point. I am a lifelong Bruins fan (but also a terrible speller, adk, you rightous azz) but I just never liked the way this team was constructed. The way some posters on here react when you express a different opinion you'd think I had stolen their family jewels. Yes, we won the Cup last year. And yes, Horton scored two winning goals. But that can't obfuscate the Bruins record since December or their power play success or Horton's inconsistent play before he was injured or their top line essentially disappearing against the Caps. Consider trading some rightousness for some reality. No, not my reality - the reality of the statistics and won-loss record. All I have ever postulated is that the Bruins talent level MIGHT be a bit overrated. YOu can cite injuries, the Caps fine play, etc etc. I am simply going to stick with my "stupid" year long assessment of the talent level. For those of you offended by that, kiss my ......
    The thing is Pumpsie, no one cares and that's obviously what upsets you the most. It's sad you seek some sort of vindication from faceless posters on the internet. If you really need to feel smart you tell us who will win, not who can lose.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Blame this year on PC : The thing is Pumpsie, no one cares and that's obviously what upsets you the most. It's sad you seek some sort of vindication from faceless posters on the internet. If you really need to feel smart you tell us who will win, not who can lose.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

How does anyone determine whether the talent level is good enough for a team to make it out of the 1st round ? Ken Holland didn't with his Wings. Ray Shero didn't with his Pens. Stan Bowman didn't with his Hawks and PC didn't with his Bruins.

All have cup rings but are they all incapable of seeing what others do ?

Now we have someone who says only he could see the Bruins were not strong enough with their talent to make it out of the 1st round.

A good guess or really smart ?

Does Stanley have a brilliant hockey mind because of prediction of a cup last year ? 

The answer seem quite apparent. The playoffs are difficult to advance in any round despite having the talent to do so or not.

All 4 teams above did have the talent but their level of play come playoff time was just not as good as their opponents.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Blame this year on PC : GM should have a gauge on his team, issues with this team in Jan right to the end. PP was deplorable all season no signficant moves prior to or at the deadline. In the Washington series 3 out of their 4 homes games they scored 3 goals 1 per game. PP 2 for 23 on the. I'm pretty sure he is well aware now changes need to take place because if this team has an early exist next year. JJ will be driving PC to the airport along with the coaching staff.  
    Posted by mitchco98[/QUOTE]
    Simply not true. The PP finished the year at 17% for 14th in a 30 team league so they obviously had some PP success before the late season swoon. Regardless, the NHL's best PP team, the Preds were 21% on the PP for the year. That's 1 goal more on every 25 PP's. Sure, I'd prefer a better PP but that's not the only reason things didn't work out. BTW, Nashville just walked all over the Wings yet their PP in the series was a pitiful 9.1%.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I think PC is one of the best things about this team.  I have been critical of him in the past, and I was wrong.  I fully trust PC.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I think PC is one of the best things about this team.  I have been critical of him in the past, and I was wrong.  I fully trust PC.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]
    I agree wholeheartedly Crowls. Do I agree with every move he's made? No way, but I trust that he knows better than me. He's done a tremendous job since taking over.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Look, one lucky bounce in that OT and we wouldn't be blaming PC at all.  Stay calm.  It sucks, but what are you going to do?

Next year - Hamilton will replace Corvo.  A rookie will replace Pouliot.  And a decision needs to be made on Tim Thomas.  Do we trade him for a high draft pick?  We could get a 2nd rounder for him I think. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

The Bruins were built so that if you shut down their top line, they will still likely create some offense.
    They don't need any drastic changes; their team was ONE play away from us not even talking about this, instead how the B's might fare against the Flyers.
    PC has built a team that is built for years of competitive play by spreading out the salary and not overspending on players. They have very few, if any, holes. True, they can lack explosiveness, but when you're able to be 2nd in the NHL in scoring without a single 30 goal scorer, you're talking about a team with a historical amount of depth.

Let us not forget that:
    A)Seguin will probably be ready to QB the PP next year, and
    B)Hamilton may have plenty to offer on the PP as well.

Don't be a fool; this is a STRONG team. In 2 months, there will be 28 teams that will envy what the Bruins have.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Boris, this is the NHL, not the NFL. Timmy may even merit a 1st rounder from a playoff team. He could certainly get you a 50-60 point player.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Do you guys realize that the B's played 1 month and a half of amazing hockey and the other 4 months they were par or sub par?  Denis Potvin said that "the B's had 16 players come back from last year.... thats the stuff dynasties are made of."  The B's were/are in a situation that with the proper tweaking they could have multiple cups.  You can't compare the B's to the hawks or any other recent cup winner because they lost key irreplacebale stars.  We kept all our stars and had the money to plug the wholes with great players.  We didn't but I expect PC to make some key moves this summer.  I'm not talking about an overhaul but defnitely a 1st line and a 3rd line forward is needed.